Leave my players alone

Currently in my fourth season with Zenit and after much success I have compiled a rather good team. Of course due to my players playing well I expect interest from other managers this is the norm. However during this current transfer window it has gone off the scale, every two days I get a message from other managers praising my players, declaring interest and ofc making pathetic bids for my entire team. Now although I have grown in stature as a club the Russian league is well a bit naff, and when the top teams come swinging in for my youngsters and I reject the process begins. The become unsettled at the club, they refuse to sign a new contract and eventually I have to shed them off for consolation fees. Has anyone else experienced this?, I know if I carry on the way my team are currently playing major success isn't far away after I got to the last 8 of the champions league last season. Mainly what I'm getting at is how do I reach the stage that were players don't want to leave because their already at the best club in the world?. My reputation is that of AC Milan's, so I see no problem their. My finances are average but steadily improving is this a factor?. And last but not least is it the league I am in for example the reputation of the Russian league is no where near that of the premiership so does this mean anything?.

Help hugely appreciated.

Potentially yes.

However, you can benefit from this long-term. Clearly the current stars you have will want to up and leave at the first sniff of a decent offer from Italy, Spain and England, so the best advice is to accept this is always going to be the case and ensure you get the highest fees possible in each case.

It's possible to build a "world-class" team, without the need for "world-class" individuals. Try to avoid the prima-donnas and look for players who suit your tactical system well. Try going for the less fancied players that will suit your team, rather than once that you just know are going to use the club as a stepping stone.

Other than that, you could always look at the club as a stepping stone yourself. ;)

I hate it when crap like that goes on. Always happening with me and Pompey. but I keep hold of who I want, regardless of whether they wanna leave. If you got your finances up, you can keep anyone, if they get upset, it's all down to you.

Give those managers a taste of their own medicine if you can, tap up their hot properties.

I feel I will never leave Zenit I'm highly determined to become the best club in the world so I have plenty of time ahead of me. And it's not just the younger players, even Pogrebnyak who has been the captain for the past two seasons and is regarded as a club legend now wants to leave after an offer came in from Milan. I'm starting to think that maybe player personality's are a considering factor I don't have enough knowledge on the topic but I do know loyalty is an attribute that can vary within certain players. However their maybe hope yet, Arshavin (prepatch) has received offers from everywhere yet has signed contract after contract. Also Ramires who I signed straight away has caught attention but has made no intention of leaving. So will players loyalty help me along the way? and is their any other factors anyone can think of?

Loyalty will be an important factor, but so too will be ambition. Clearly a good balance of loyalty, ambition, professionalism, will aid your cause immensely, but sometimes, even "loyal" players can be tempted by an offer that's just too good to turn down.

It's good to hear about someone looking to stay with a club like Zenit and the goals you have set your sights on. It is possible to do what you hope to do, but it's perhaps not worth getting too attached to one player or another in particular. Always keep your options open for cover if you see the signs someone wants to leave, be it from within or a shortlist of possible replacements.

Can league rep really not change?

I swear i have read that if you and other clubs in the league get higher Euro coefficients then the league rep rises. Like if a russian club wins each of the european trophies cant they get more euro places and league rep would rise?

Can league rep really not change?

I swear i have read that if you and other clubs in the league get higher Euro coefficients then the league rep rises. Like if a russian club wins each of the european trophies cant they get more euro places and league rep would rise?

They will get more European places but league reputation will not rise. It never does.

Issue has been raised loads of times before, country and league rep is so horribly static that the game won't move on from what the current "big forces" are.

The reponses from SI have been to do with how difficult it would be to implement a world economy/reputation development system that would be realistic.

I don't think they like the possibility that the Russian leagues could take over and the Premiership fade into nothingness.

FWIW I've got this problem too with my Benfica save - despite winning the League 7 years in a row and being in the CL semi-final or higher for 6 year in a row, I still can't sign any big name players, or keep hold of my good ones.

It's ridiculously annoying, but I've sort of learnt to deal with it as a "feature" in the game.

Issue has been raised loads of times before, country and league rep is so horribly static that the game won't move on from what the current "big forces" are.

The reponses from SI have been to do with how difficult it would be to implement a world economy/reputation development system that would be realistic.

I don't think they like the possibility that the Russian leagues could take over and the Premiership fade into nothingness.

FWIW I've got this problem too with my Benfica save - despite winning the League 7 years in a row and being in the CL semi-final or higher for 6 year in a row, I still can't sign any big name players, or keep hold of my good ones.

It's ridiculously annoying, but I've sort of learnt to deal with it as a "feature" in the game.

It's disgusting how bad SI are at reflecting reality. In real life, after Porto won the Champions League, everyone wanted to join them and the Premier League found their best players moving to Portugal, not the other way around.

It's disgusting how bad SI are at reflecting reality. In real life, after Porto won the Champions League, everyone wanted to join them and the Premier League found their best players moving to Portugal, not the other way around.

Ferreira, Carvalho, Valente, Deco, Maniche, Mendes that all left not long after Porto won?

Ferreira, Carvalho, Valente, Deco, Maniche, Mendes that all left not long after Porto won?

I'm sorry my sarcasm did not shine through.

It seems to me that you're complaining about something;

"FWIW I've got this problem too with my Benfica save - despite winning the League 7 years in a row and being in the CL semi-final or higher for 6 year in a row, I still can't sign any big name players, or keep hold of my good ones."

But then you acknowledge that this is how it is in reality...

Not only did it not shine through, the post added nothing to the thread discussion and had nothing to do with what my post said.

Ah yes it did... sure players wanting to move on is annoying but I can see SI making reputation dynamic causing huge problems within the game. Despite the success of clubs such as Porto IRL and your club in your game, there are a host of other factors that play part in determining the attractiveness of a league.

Apologies for snapping so quickly, but Porto winning the CL once isnt comparable. Anyone can win a cup competition once.

On my save I won the CL 4 times in 6 years and got to the semi-finals the other two times, and had financial backing to pay massive wages. I'm not expecting to suddenly become Man utd size reputation, but the rigidness of the league reputation means that there is literally zero chance of it happening.

Ok, in real life it's very unlikely to happen - but then, in the real world it's unlikely that someone could take Witton Albion to being the biggest club team in the world - the game needs to be able to deal with these circumstances.

Apologies for snapping so quickly, but Porto winning the CL once isnt comparable. Anyone can win a cup competition once.

On my save I won the CL 4 times in 6 years and got to the semi-finals the other two times, and had financial backing to pay massive wages. I'm not expecting to suddenly become Man utd size reputation, but the rigidness of the league reputation means that there is literally zero chance of it happening.

Ok, in real life it's very unlikely to happen - but then, in the real world it's unlikely that someone could take Witton Albion to being the biggest club team in the world - the game needs to be able to deal with these circumstances.

To be fair they preceded it by winning the UEFA Cup. I've found it annoying too to be honest, I won the Swedish Premier Division 11 years in a row with Hollviken, meaning anyone wanting guaranteed CL action could just sign right on up. I even made the semis once. But I've come to accept it as being close to reality.

I think the danger with implementing dynamic league reputation is that extremely unrealistic things will happen and make the game unenjoyable. For the forseeable future England, Spain and Italy will have the most prestigious league competitions in the world, I for one would hate to get to 2020 and have the Faroe Islands as the place to be. Things like population, footballs popularity in the country, financial soundness of the nation, living conditions, would all need to be taken into account, and I can't see it being done fairly.

I totally understand the problem with implementing it fairly.

But for already established league in Europe they surely should be able to progess a bit - The likes of French, German, Portugese leagues if they became richer and more publicised could easily become bigger and as popular as Spanish, Italian leagues Especially with the current trend of massive club buyouts and players happy to go to clubs for the massive payday (Becks and Robinho, I'm looking at you)

The international reputation of MLS went up loads purely because of Beckham joining - all I want is something fairly similar in game.

I totally understand the problem with implementing it fairly.

But for already established league in Europe they surely should be able to progess a bit - The likes of French, German, Portugese leagues if they became richer and more publicised could easily become bigger and as popular as Spanish, Italian leagues Especially with the current trend of massive club buyouts and players happy to go to clubs for the massive payday (Becks and Robinho, I'm looking at you)

The international reputation of MLS went up loads purely because of Beckham joining - all I want is something fairly similar in game.

There are two points that I feel should be implemented from your post;

1) League reputation should be able to change, but only slightly. Perhaps by 10% to 20% of its initial value, this will stop unrealistic things happening.

2) Some players are more influenced by money than others. If you tell a player playing in the EPL that you're going to triple his wages if he moves to Portugal he's likely to have a good, hard thing about it. Depending on his motivations he may well make the move. This isn't properly implemented in the game at the moment.

In addition to league reputation being static the problem is that league reputation seems to have a disproportionate weight in relatio to all the other factors for players deciding what clubs to join... it overtly outweights club reputation, money and squad status and I dont think chance to play in europe is even taken into consideration, this results in for example players prefering to play for a club like Everton instead of Bayern,

In addition to league reputation being static the problem is that league reputation seems to have a disproportionate weight in relatio to all the other factors for players deciding what clubs to join... it overtly outweights club reputation, money and squad status and I dont think chance to play in europe is even taken into consideration, this results in for example players prefering to play for a club like Everton instead of Bayern,

To be fair, this is true in real life. For example Santa Cruz moving to Blackburn from Bayern. He then declared while at Blackburn that he wanted to move on and finally play for a 'big club', indicating he feels Bayern is do not fit this criteria. I think alot of players want to play in the Premier League as it is currently, along with Serie A and Liga BBVA, the ultimate stage. This truly does trump alot of other factors.

Well I think we can all agree that this is an issue that needs to be analyzed ahead of next years addition. I have noticed as each year passes buy I'm able to purchase bigger players obviously not world class but still they have real quality. Reading captain planets post I guess I will have to come to understand that 9/10 I will be a stepping stone for players which is ridiculous. With nearly my whole squad being badgered it doesn't help either when my chairman steps in to accept an offer that was "too good to refuse". This has happened almost every season with me so far in the game and twice this season to key players, (Adu, Paloschi). So another question I have is...if my finances grow to greater levels will my chairman stop stepping in?

Well I think we can all agree that this is an issue that needs to be analyzed ahead of next years addition. I have noticed as each year passes buy I'm able to purchase bigger players obviously not world class but still they have real quality. Reading captain planets post I guess I will have to come to understand that 9/10 I will be a stepping stone for players which is ridiculous. With nearly my whole squad being badgered it doesn't help either when my chairman steps in to accept an offer that was "too good to refuse". This has happened almost every season with me so far in the game and twice this season to key players, (Adu, Paloschi). So another question I have is...if my finances grow to greater levels will my chairman stop stepping in?

Yes, if you get enough money the chairman will stop stepping in. But unfortunately players will still want to leave.

To be fair, this is true in real life. For example Santa Cruz moving to Blackburn from Bayern. He then declared while at Blackburn that he wanted to move on and finally play for a 'big club', indicating he feels Bayern is do not fit this criteria. I think alot of players want to play in the Premier League as it is currently, along with Serie A and Liga BBVA, the ultimate stage. This truly does trump alot of other factors.

Santa Cruz wanted to leave cause he was a fringe player at Bayern (he mostly made sub appearances) he didn’t live up to expectations and more than anything Bayern just had enough of him and sold him.

As for league reputation not changing that’s just daft. What determines the best league in the world? How much money clubs have, how many big name players they can sign or success on the pitch. All these factors can change with the times.

Santa Cruz wanted to leave cause he was a fringe player at Bayern (he mostly made sub appearances) he didn’t live up to expectations and more than anything Bayern just had enough of him and sold him.

As for league reputation not changing that’s just daft. What determines the best league in the world? How much money clubs have, how many big name players they can sign or success on the pitch. All these factors can change with the times.

"Best" is really subjective. Some say the Premier League is the best league in the world but I wouldn't agree. I will simply say that the 'Big 4' (Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea) are among the best teams in the world, but the quality isn't as evenly spread throughout the other teams as compared to other leagues.

Can one honestly say the the likes of Everton, Aston Villa or Spurs can compete against the likes of Villarreal, Sevilla, Marseille, Werder Bremen, Schalke or AS Roma (all of whom aren't title contenders but regularly qualify for Europe)? I doubt it.

Ultimately, I still think the club's reputation ranks above the league. Reputation doesn't simply consist of financial factors or level of success. They can also include playing style, or even location.

For the original poster: Make sure that you're setting each player's transfer status. If a player's status shows that there's a price for him, than the game treats it like he's for sale at that price. Make sure you either set a sale price that brings something back to you or set the player as "unavailable"; that might relieve some of the pressure.

* Renew contracts every year.

* Don't refuse the offers - Negotiate instead. Put a price that you actually wants to sell the player for.

* I usually sets a price on my stars in the players status window. And now we're talking prices in the region of £20 million.

I play in the Swedish Allsvenskan and with this strategy i've been able to hold on to future world stars for 3-4 seasons, and still counting. Havn't sold a single player yet that i wanted to keep. But a few of them are starting to become a little unsettled and i sometimes get messages about that they need to move if Club X, which are interested, puts in a bid. I usually give them a new contracts when they start to moan, and it keeps them happy until next transfer window. :)

Maybe worth to note is that i only buy young players (<20) and shapes them myself. So many of them has me as their favored personal. Maybe that's a reason to why they're not so eager to move on? My oldest player today that would fit in one of the big leagues are 23 years old and doesn't complain anything. He's been in my club for the last 5 seasons. Starting eleven each year and a rating over 7.00 each year.

the most annoying thing in the world.. is when a player gets praised all the way through a season... every few days.. the bloody manager doing it becomes a favoured personel with your player :@:@:@

That just happened to me today!

Fergie comes out praising Frank Lampard twice in 1 week, Fergie is immediately on the favorite personel list of Lampard, United make 1 bid which I obviously refused (no matter what you think of Lampard), and boom he is unhappy that I refused and now it has become impossible to motivate him. Blasted!

On-topic: There are plenty examples of league reputations changing. Just 20 years ago, Dutch players wanted to play in Belgium. Since +/-10 Years ago, Belgium players want to play in Holland. IMHO, probably just because Ajax won the Champions League.

And now suddenly Russia it quite popular with Brazilian players, Shaktar Donetsk also. But that's probably because of financial reasons.

i put asking prices on players that i want to keep and is drawing interest from other clubs. i usually put it really high ( usually 20+ million first team players, 30+ million for key players), but an amount that i would accept if they did make a bid. my players is attracting the likes of chealsea, real madrid, liverpool and other top teams in europe. so far all they're doing is praising and never making a bid. currently managing fulham in 2020/21 only qualified for EURO cup once and got to the semis in my 12 years there but my players are definite starters if they did move to the mentioned team

there is a sort of cheat you can use to keep your players which is based in a weakness of the Computer Manager AI when they make and offer, even if its at the beggining of the season, if you negotiate for the exact same terms they offered but change the transfer date from inmediate to end of season the AI would accept 95% of the time.

For that season no other clubs can bid on the player nor would the player would have moral issues about moving to a bigger club.

Depending on the calendar of the leagues involved in the transfer if the end of season of your league happens outside of the transfer window of the other league the transfer would be automatically cancel

If not you can still cancel it yourself at the end of the season I think

I'm now in my 10th season with the mighty Zenit ad have completely learned to deal with this factor of the game, three world class players have been snatched from my team going to the likes of Barcelona and Madrid. My squad harmony is always low as my players are constantly getting praised, feel they want to move to a bigger club. So with this in mind I'm trying my up most to become "the biggest club", and first things first is to win the champions league. Some of you may be shocked that I haven't won this trophy already, however due to the 6+5 rule in the domestic competitions I was unable to field a good enough eleven each week so for the players that weren't playing they wanted to leave. The closest I have come is the semi final, and I have also won the UEFA Cup twice. In the last season though something dramatically changed which was that I now have some top class Russian youngsters in the team but whether I can hold on to them is another matter. I still feel this aspect of the game needs work ahead of next years addition, finally here's a list of some of the players I couldn't hold onto;

Saivet

Sakho

Adu

Piatti

Mota

Regen - Worth 10 million

Regen - Worth 15.5 million

Paloschi

Renan

Carioca

Regen - Worth 11.25 million

Now you can imagine if I haven't had been badgered for almost all of them I would have a pretty good squad by now. All the above are fairly young or where when sold, but even some of the older players in their 30's still feel the need to find pastures new;

Ramires

Djourou

Thiago Silva

Pogrebnyak

Danny

The list is endless really but hopefully this season I will make all these open wounds forgotten by winning the champions league, which is looking good as I'm currently top of the group.

im having trouble trying to keep hold of players for my bulgarian team haskova. 4 seasons in and 2 thirds of my squad have been unsettled in the 1 transfer window... in the end ive decided to sell my best center half for 750k and my third best center mid for 200k...

the combined fees will pay for my club for the next 3 seasons

silver lineing and that ;)

Yes, if you get enough money the chairman will stop stepping in. But unfortunately players will still want to leave.

The chairman won't necessarily stop stepping in. I'm a rich club and got a derisory offer of $27.5m for my winger, and the chairman cashed in. We didn't need the money. It depends on his business, interference stats etc.

The game doesn't handle some situations very realistically. If you assemble a talented squad at a small club, they will all be unhappy within six months, and you'll have to issue at least two hands-off warnings every single day.

I think it is party caused by the fact that the AI judges players on their potential instead of their performances so players start to get unsettled before they've even really achieved anything.

Yeh agree with above ^^ I now must have the highest player turnover a football club has ever seen. I'm now just trying to organise longer contracts, and If a player does want to leave I make sure I always make a profit in the sale. I have noticed over past weeks in the monthly summaries the board have been praising me for raising the stature of the club significantly, does this mean I have raised the reputation of the club?

I've managed to pretty much keep all my key players happy at Celtic, I haven't had to sell any that I didn't want to yet. All I do is put big valuations on the players with Wnt status (£25-30m usually). If I get a bid through that matches this value and the player wants to talk to the club I accept the bid, but immediately offer the player a new contract with improved wages and a nice meaty signing on fee. Unless it's a really huge club coming in for them, they'll usually take your offer of a new contract over moving, and stay at the club.

Archived