So Annoying!!!

Anyone ever get it with FM when you just really cannot commit to a team or a particular save, I think the most longest career I have had with one team is 4 seasons I think, and recently I have got nowhere near that long.

Anyone else have the same problem?

yeah i have had the same problem. i never seem to get into games, my longest game is fm08 and it was 2 and a half seasons with chelsea. but i find that if i spend a few hours playing a save and getting into it then i can play for a few seasons. just find a club you really like, set yourself some targets and dont stop until you meet them. when you've done that find another club and set some more targets.

Or multi manage. I have multi team managed since CM2 and always will. I always set up a huge game currently 18 leagues with all divisions running. Gives me an oppurtunity to have a very long game and mostly in the past few years have played one save after last patch until new version is released. With 09 I bought the game after second patch. Got sick of buying unfinished games.

Anyway I currently am managing Man Utd(always have always will, glory glory!), Newcastle Jets(A league and home team go the JETS!), Antwerp(always have these guys, just love dominating Belgium football with Man Utd's youth), Hyde(BSN, this started as unemployed), Icasa Brazilian third division(another unemployed manager). I am currently still in my first season and all teams are doing quite well. Except Antwerp they are struggling to gel. Wierd as they are from the same club. So as you can see the game rarely gets past the five year mark before I replace the game.

Now as I have said in previous posts concerning multi managing it is for me the only way to play. One team does get boring for me, having the ability to manage very diverse squads one after the other adds immensly to my enjoyment of this the greatest series of games on earth(despite ball watching grrrrr).

So I say give it a go, not many seem to do it and I highly recommend it. Manage a feeder club and develop your youth yourself, or if your a big team manager manage a tiny team.

I will warn you of this though. The flaws in the game are far more apparent when multi managing. Once you start you will see what I mean. I've just started to enjoy 09 recently after getting to know the game. Was pretty disapointed at first but adapted to the directions and realised the 3D is a replay and its more tollerable now. 08 was too easy anyway.

Good luck hope this helps.

I'd recommend getting on a good Challenge, it's fun talking to other people on here about how your and their games are going and comparing results. Plus it gives you a good target to achieve before quitting.

Anyone ever get it with FM when you just really cannot commit to a team or a particular save, I think the most longest career I have had with one team is 4 seasons I think, and recently I have got nowhere near that long.

Anyone else have the same problem?

I have it on all games, Fifa is the worst on manager mode: 1 season, if that! On FM though i am glad i have got out of the 1-2 seasoned careers, i am really happy on this one, i have been going for 13 years! Travelled from Stoke-Millwall-Middlesborough-Greece-Poland-Wycombe. I think that is the key, changing teams, keeps you refreshed with new players and challenges in the game, instead of same old same old, unless you change leagues e.t.c

Or multi manage. I have multi team managed since CM2 and always will. I always set up a huge game currently 18 leagues with all divisions running. Gives me an oppurtunity to have a very long game and mostly in the past few years have played one save after last patch until new version is released. With 09 I bought the game after second patch. Got sick of buying unfinished games.

Anyway I currently am managing Man Utd(always have always will, glory glory!), Newcastle Jets(A league and home team go the JETS!), Antwerp(always have these guys, just love dominating Belgium football with Man Utd's youth), Hyde(BSN, this started as unemployed), Icasa Brazilian third division(another unemployed manager). I am currently still in my first season and all teams are doing quite well. Except Antwerp they are struggling to gel. Wierd as they are from the same club. So as you can see the game rarely gets past the five year mark before I replace the game.

Now as I have said in previous posts concerning multi managing it is for me the only way to play. One team does get boring for me, having the ability to manage very diverse squads one after the other adds immensly to my enjoyment of this the greatest series of games on earth(despite ball watching grrrrr).

So I say give it a go, not many seem to do it and I highly recommend it. Manage a feeder club and develop your youth yourself, or if your a big team manager manage a tiny team.

I will warn you of this though. The flaws in the game are far more apparent when multi managing. Once you start you will see what I mean. I've just started to enjoy 09 recently after getting to know the game. Was pretty disapointed at first but adapted to the directions and realised the 3D is a replay and its more tollerable now. 08 was too easy anyway.

Good luck hope this helps.

Like the sound of that, may give that a go

Cheers

Archived