Does Adaptability effect?

Does the adaptability attribute of a player come into effect when a player is settling into a new club even if he has come from a club in the same country? For example if say I'm Newcastle and I sign someone like Elano from Man City, just say he has 20 for adaptability, does this mean that there won't be too long of settling period and he'll quickly settle into my teams formation or does adaptability only come into question when a player comes to a new country from abroad??

it does effect, that is why you should look at your scout reports because he'll tell you when a player can adapt well or not, when getting young players this is helpful because if a player takes a long time to adapt it will hinder his development.

So this means that in therory I should be getting better performances from my new signings sooner, the higher their adaptability attribute, and I won't have to give my new signings the usual 6-12 months settling period if I can identify the players with better adaptabilty

Yes, plus they'll learn the language quicker. Poor adaptability leads to homesickness and comments about 'not settling in as well as he'd have liked'.

It ought also to affect coaches and other staff, but I've seen no evidence that poor adaptability makes any difference to them.

Archived