Help! Financial Problem

Fight through it, knock a few £ off of every single players contract. If they refuse, transfer list, do not release because you are paying off that players contract so not improving finances. friendlies with big boys or rivals is a money spinner. mutual terminations of backroom staffs contracts can save you some money. Hope you have an up turn in fortunes soon.

Ps. get rid of feeder clubs, try to find a generous parent club.

Fight through it, knock a few £ off of every single players contract. If they refuse, transfer list, do not release because you are paying off that players contract so not improving finances. friendlies with big boys or rivals is a money spinner. mutual terminations of backroom staffs contracts can save you some money. Hope you have an up turn in fortunes soon.

Ps. get rid of feeder clubs, try to find a generous parent club.

I tried but they say "a club with our stature should not be a feeder club to anyone".

Try arranging some friendlies with big name clubs. Also try reducing the wage bill etc.
This would be my advice too...also, you could try to give your players new contracts, but at a pay cut. As long as it's not a massive cut, they should still be happy enough to sign.

Try and punt players for bellow their value to generate money, also arrange some friendlies with big name teams. You will have to pay them some of the fee though. I would sort my players based on the highest wage and punt them in that order. It may also be time to scrap the youth project and them most off, if not all, of your youth team and reserves. Anyone tied down, do not release them! it will cost you a fortune.

Like i said, big name friendlies. Just keep arranging them.

I've had success with these steps...

1. Read through each players "personal" status. Any that feel they are unhappy and want first team experience, you can list as not needed or backups. Then, take all unhappy players and offer them a mutual termination. If they accept it, you can too if you don't have to pay any fees. If they want a fee, keep them.

2. re-assess everyone's squad status. You can check how much your team is willing to pay each player by going to finances and then clicking on salaries (for players) to determine how much your board will allow for wages for a particular squad status. If you check the amount for a weekly salary (not annual), you'll see if you're getting hurt by bonuses... Try and adjust player contracts for lower salaries that fit within a wage salary offered for first team or rotation players (even if they are a key player). If they agree, do it. If they don't, try for favored personnel status and then repeat. if they still won't agree, then offer them a contract half of what they currently have. If they still won't, decide how important it is to keep them. Often, I find quality players willing to play for less money and I lock them into longer contracts until my finances are straightened out.

3. Be willing to offload everyone for a transfer fee at least ten times higher than their value. Make sure you click the option for automatically accepting offers higher than transfer amount. Any teams that make that bid will help your bottom line.

4. Look for ways to generate cash. Playing friendlies and the like can help out, but you need to have a big squad to make that happen and you still will have to pay for the appearance fee bonuses so beware who plays.

5. Be patient. If your club has a loan it is paying back, it will take a long time to do it. Get promoted, if possible because you will get better fees for TV money and league money.

6. If you need to win...ignore all this and get the hell out by resigning. It hurts to be midtable or below for two or three seasons to work out the finances, but if you can do it, it is worth the reward of saving a club's very existence. If you know you can't handle it, leave the insecure club and look for a healthier club financially.

Archived