Longest Game?

As I sit here playing FM into the small hours - something I've not been able to do properly since I left Uni - I was just wondering what the longest known game on FM/CM is? Most I have ever completed is about 8 seasons but I know thats rubbish!

So 2 questions

- What is the longest known game in terms of seasons played (from which version of CM/FM)

- How long does FM go for? I am assuming it can theoretically go forever; I started as a 28 year old manager so would be interesting to know if the game can cope with a Sir Alex / Sir Bobby length career

I holidayed to 2036 and played on until 2050 back on FM06, it was quite interesting. That's the furthest I've ever got in terms of date, but the most seasons I've ever done was probably on CM03/04 when I got to around 2025 (so 22 seasons played). My Tottenham team on that was so ridiculously dominant I actually made not one, but two aliases, and set about trying to challenge my own dominance with Chesterfield and Plymouth. Didn't manage it. Got bored.

I'm in 2020 right now, but I've played every single season....I've actually done this twice.

The first time, I was Leicester for about 9 seasons, with my best moment being an FA Cup triumph in my 7th or 8th season. Then I'm pretty sure I went to Juventus for 2 seasons, where they expected me to win the Serie A, but I couldn't do it (I managed to win the Champions League somehow in the process). They fired me, and I jumped ship to Liverpool......in a similar story, I didn't win the League, so i was out soon after. I then went Real Madrid. They also wanted me to win the title, which I did, but I did it in the season they hired me, so it didn't count towards my 2 years.....My comp ended up shorting....

This time, I started higher, at PSV for a few seasons, but after being constantly dominated by Ajax, I quit. I coached HSV for a few months, but they were going backwards, so i quit. I went to Chelsea, where I literally spent around 100M lbs fixing the squad. I easily won the title and fought to repeat, but after spending all of that money, the team got stale and the funds dried up, so i left for greener pastures in Lazio. Probably my best moment, as in my 3 years there, I won 2 League trophies, 2 Champions League trophies, and an Italian Cup. Again, I got kinda bored, and left for Newcastle, who had lots of money and loads of potential. I took them from 11th to 6th in my first season and now in the second, I'm under loads of pressure to make the top 4 and challenge for the title, even though it's a 6 horse race (the big four, Man City, and I). Though, I think I'll take a break from this one and go to my lower league save with Redditch United.....I swear each save is like a different book....

my longest games

in fm08 i played two seasons with qpr finished 1st in the championship and then midtable in the second (along with a league cup) before jumping ship and managing liverpool for two seasons (1 epl, 1 cl, 1 league cup). Then i managed inter for 3 were i won three league titles, 2 cl's, and 1 italian cup. before joining argentina and winning the copa america (i believe). then i went to germany and won their league cup and fa cup equivalents before retiring. (i was gonna try to go to spain so i could say i won a trophy in the 4 major leagues but decided against it)

Around 2050's with Zenit in fm06 & Greek league (several teams) in fm07 , in the second case i stopped playing because the teams built new stadiums instead of expanding old ones ( moving from a 5.000 seats one to an 8.000 seats !) getting into deep financial troubles ; also when playing in leagues with standard 15 and below it sucks having to remake a squad from scratch every 2 years.

Archived