The Annual 'Give Youth A Chance' Failure Challenge

You've probably seen this challenge in the previous few incarnations of Football Manager popping up in these forums - both times the aim has been the same, and both times its been a relative failure. Not enough people trying it, not enough success for instance. I however believe it can be done, I took Gateshead to the top end of League One in a short space of time on FM 05, and took them there again on 07. Now, the big point that I think I can go further this time is that Fm 09 seems to be very regen based - by that, I mean that regens take over quite soon, and plenty of good ones seem to be around, coming through our own youth systems aswell. Look at Dafuges challenge, and after around 5 years in, most teams are full of regens.

The Aim: Take a previously unplayable club from the BSN/S as far as you can, ONLY using you're own youth players as resources. NO players may be signed, NO staff may be signed either.

How to get there: (Taken just from Dafuges', hope you dont mind!) The Rules:

As an addition to this year's challenge, to make sure that the promoted clubs have the correct squads, you will need to use this DDT file. This file will load all of the players for the clubs eligible for the challenge and save loading the massive database created by loading all of the English players. Thanks go to michaeltmurrayuk for providing us with this.

Here's where it needs to go:

XP, patched: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\edt

Vista, patched: C://program files/sportsinteractive/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910/edt

Steam, patched: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\edt

Mac, patched: /applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910/edt

If you are not using the patch, use the data/db/900/edt folder instead

Load a game with the English leagues only, with the Blue Square N/S selected, a large database (or smaller if preferred), the attribute masking, real players and transfer boxes ticked and the add key staff box unticked. No additional players from any nation should be loaded. It should look like this.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

Add yourself as an unemployed manager, the details are not important at all. I like to call mine 'Holiday Man'.

Go on holiday until 25th June, this shouldn't take too long, perhaps about an hour. Saving on 24th June may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

Retire your 'Holiday Man' manager. It is always a sad moment, a bit like the bit in Bambi, just without the deer dying.

Add a new manager, the options are up to you but 'past experience' must be set to the lowest possible which is 'Sunday league footballer'. I understand that choosing different nationalities may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this. I would expect people to use their own true nationalities.

Take over one of the new clubs promoted to the Blue Square North or South, and you are done.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged but please post links to your pictures, don't post them as images as it makes the pages slower to load.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the 25th June like this.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including at least a screenshot of a league table and the clubs transfer page. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier to pick out.

Thats about all - Hope a few of you are willing to try it, if not, the thread will likely die out (AGAIN) and Ill probably just post my progress on dafuges challenge.

Tips from me:

• This challenge is all about making the most of what you have got - when you start you will probably have a reasonable squad that is well capable of getting promoted even from the lowest tier. This squad is ESSENTIAL to your success and will be the backbone of the club for the first 5 or so years, use it wisely and dont sell too many to early.

• Try to get as many players as you can on full time contracts as early as possible.

• Give you're youth players a chance! Even as early on as the first season try out some of the youths, even if you're coaches say they are useless and you should 'offload them asap' that dosent always mean you should discard them totally. Look for key stats which some of they have and see if they can fit in, by key stat I mean what they are best at, and seeing whether they can prove any use. For example, If a youth is on the whole a poor player, but has a high flair stat, I always give him a chance, he may turn out to be a usefull little creative player.

• Watch out for the 30th of June - check the contract length of your squad, as many may run out on this date and leave the club, leaving you f*cked.

Im starting with Staines Town. Good luck all. :thup:

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said the squad is essential, and I think this Staines side seem quite reasonable. The previous manager has signed me some decent players, and thankfully they are in the majority young lads.

Some key players then:

Kris Paterson: Looks a superb player for this level, a great signing by the previous manager and will be the left back for the forseeable future.

Lewis Smith: Again another signing, young midfielder who looks decent enough.

Christopher Ramsey: Young centre half and should do a job for the bottom two tiers at least.

From the youth intake, two have stood out and will be certainly given chances this season:

Darren Lord: Not a world beater, but could do a decent job.

Andy Martin: Not fantastic, but decent physical attributes.

I'll do this, it's always a fun challenge. Have taken over at Dover, mainly due to them having ex-Bradford midget striker David Brown on their books. However, I've just discovered that they have two pre-arranged transfers, both joining on July 1st - do I treat these players as part of my squad, because they signed before I joined, or do I have to get rid of them? I can't cancel the transfers.

Manager Profile

Pre-arranged transfers

The WM formation? :confused:

Is that a 2-3-3-2?

Yeah. Made famous in the 1920s and 1930s by Herbert Chapman who managed Arsenal and Huddersfield during this period.

I'll do this, it's always a fun challenge. Have taken over at Dover, mainly due to them having ex-Bradford midget striker David Brown on their books. However, I've just discovered that they have two pre-arranged transfers, both joining on July 1st - do I treat these players as part of my squad, because they signed before I joined, or do I have to get rid of them? I can't cancel the transfers.

Manager Profile

Pre-arranged transfers

Cheers for giving it a try, and you are allowed to keep them players. :thup:

Well I have been looking for an excuse to try out the W-M formation in the lower leagues.

This is the perfect chance :p

Good man. :thup:

The Pre-Season / Early results update:

Pre Season:

So the challenge begins - I had two friendlies in which to decide who would be my first XI for my first league game, at home to Basingstoke Town. My first move of the pre season was to offer Sean Hudson a contract. The 19 year old left back was a greyed out player, and was needed due to the fact that Kris Paterson, my star player, was the only left back on the clubs books. I also started retraining my first choice right back, young Alex Wilson, to a left back for further cover.

My second move was to offer 41 year old current player/coach Craig Maskell an improved contract to become my player/assistant manager. Maskell will almost certainly not play this season but could be valuable as my assistant.

I then got myself a feeder club, that of Southern Premier side Hemel Hempstead. No players will be loaned this season in all probability, but as the challenge grows, first team experience at HH could be invaluable.

I then released no fewer than 10 players, a risky move but I need all the wages I can get, especially with my only good keeper, Shaun Allaway, holding out for £625 p/w and nothing less.

I kept on 7 players who wouldve left otherwise:

Marc Charles Smith - the 24 yr old striker has a bit of pace and can take a decent freekick, but will not be involved in the first XI, and probably not the first 16 either.

Andre Scarlett - 29 years old, this versatile player can be using either as a striker or a central midfielder, physically poor, but technically good.

Howard Newton - 27 yr old winger who can play on either side and has pace. Will be first choice right winger.

Alex Wilson - 21 Year old promising right back. First choice for sure.

Lewis Cook - 25 Yr old left winger or central midfielder, will probably be used sparingly but should prove useful. Has decent pace and not bad from set plays.

James Courtnage - 25 year old goalkeeper, definatly the backup - hes sh*t in all honesty, but I have nobody else.

Victor Asombang - 28 year old striker, bit of pace, bit of flair and not a bad finisher, but in all honesty probably wont get many chances this season.

Wilson, Scarlett and Newton will be the most used.

Then came the friendlies:

Staines 3 - 4 AFC Wimbledon. Sub striker Onochie scored a second half hattrick, looking extremely impressive.

Staines 0 - 1 Sunderland Reserves. We played well against a massively strong side and its a very positive result. The defence were excellent while the midfielders battled like heroes. In bad news, first choice left winger Orlando Smith got injured and will miss the start of the season. Cook came on to replace him, but looked miles off the pace.

From the pre-season, my first XI was picked:

GK: Shaun Allaway ©

DL: Kris Paterson

DR: Alex Wilson

DC: Curtis Ujah

DC: Christopher Ramsey

ML: Orlando Smith

MR: Howard Newton

MC: Joe Roberts

MC: Lewis Smith

FC: Andre Scarlett

ST: Leroy Griffiths

SUBS:

DC: Marien Ifura

MC: Gareth Risbridger

AML: Andy Martin (Youth Product)

ST: Elliot Onochie

ST: Marc Charles-Smith

Matches:

League: Staines 3 - 0 Basingstoke Town (Ujah 5', Griffiths 45', L.Smith 65') A great performance, and a great start.

League: Thurrock 4 - 1 Staines (Ujah 13') We were battered and deservedly beat. 3 goals game from set peices which was a worry.

League: Staines 3 - 0 Forest Green Rovers (Scarlett (pen 63'), Onochie 82', 93') What a victory, Forest Green were top and are a far better side than we are. We didnt deserve 3 nil and a draw was probably the fair result, but who cares? Super sub Onochie on the mark again whilst Scarlett gets himself a deserved goal.

League: Bath 0 - 1 Staines (Onochie (pen 86')) Again we were against the side top of the division, and after getting battered for the majority of the game we somehow sneaked a win with the supersub doing it again. Changed to a more counter attacking, defensive 451 formation at half time and it worked OK.

A great start, which I dont think we will maintain results wise. We are currenly 4th in the BSS. Playoffs would be remarkable but I cant see it. Hoping for a top 13 finish.

Happy. :thup:

In "modern speak" it would be more like 3-2-2-3. It looks like this:

--FL--ST--FR--

---AMC-AMC---

---------------Center Line

---DMC-DMC---

--DL--DC--DR--

You should check out the thread in the tactics forum about how to implement it in FM09.

Thread hijacking over now. Back on topic.

First Quarter Update:

No real in house change which is to be suspected of course, although I have started to retrain Joe Roberts, a young central midfielder to right midfield as I realised Howard Newton was the only right hand side winger I have. Obviousley results were key to see how high up the table I could finish:

Results:

League: Staines 2 - 1 Dover Athletic (Griffiths 55', Smith 66') - Another good solid home win. We conceeded in the 53rd minute but just 15 minutes later we had the lead.

League: Hayes & Yeading 0 - 3 Staines (Ujah 32', 49' Scarlett (pen 61')) - A great performance and win, Scarlett also missed a second penalty. Good to see us win away from home.

Conf Lg Cup 1st Round: Weston-super-Mare 1 - 2 Staines (Griffiths 9', 27') - We didnt deserve it, as a youthful side including both Andy Martin and Darren Lord from the start got the win. Griffiths scored two excellent goals, Supersub Onochie got his chance from the start but failed to impress.

League: Staines 1 - 2 Lewes (Griffiths 31', Roberts s/o 45) - We were battered and Lewes fully deserved it, albeit both their goals came from penalties. Ive yet to find a tactic that is useful when you have 10 men and we were never in the game.

League: Farnborough 2 - 1 Staines (Scarlett (pen 76')) - Outplayed away from home again, and the sqauds fitness simply isnt a good way. Laidler scored a cracking goal for them just 3 minutes in, and despite a late charge it was always too little too late. Orlando Smith played his game as he has recovered from injury and was dissapointing.

FA Cup 2nd Qual Rnd: Staines 3 - 0 Kingstonian (Smith 19', Paterson 60', Scarlett 81') - Nothing like an easy home game to restore confidence. Again the young lads played, Martin yet again impressed on the left wing, getting an assist and a 7.6 rating.

League: Staines 4 - 1 Chelmsford (Griffiths 5', Ujah 44', Scarlett (pen 68'), Fazal OG 80') - Or an easy league win for that matter. We were fantastic, our best performance of the season.

League: Eastleigh 1 - 0 Staines (Lord M/pen 60) - Again we lose on the road. I tried with a counter attacking 451 and we dominated possesion but obvioulsley still failed to get the result. Rivierie, whos class for some reason scored an outstanding early goal - we should of equalised from the spot, but with Scarlett off the pitch, 16 year old defender Darren Lord, starting due to an injury for Ramsey blazed it over. Gutted.

Conf Lg Cup 2nd Round: Staines 2 - 1 Dover (Ujah 17', 63') - We were mauled but got ourselves another win, courtesy of more set peice goals from Curtis Ujah. Young lads played again and well again.

FA Cup 3rd Qual Rnd: Andover 2 - 3 Staines (Newton 6', Ujah 34', Woodward o/g 63') - A very young side struggled a bit, raced into an undeserved 3 nil lead and sneaked through despite two late goals from the tinpot outfit.

League: Weston-super-Mare 1 - 0 Staines - We were dreadful, worst performance of the season, we had one shot all game compared to Weston's 19, with Allaway keeping the score down to just 1. A tactic is needed away from home.

League: Staines 1 - 0 St.Albans (Ujah 90+1') - When we play a side who are top of the league, we win. Bath, Forest Green and now St.Albans have all been defeated now, although this one wasnt that straightforward. Despite them being down to 10 men from the 23rd minute, we were 2nd best and only a late Ujah header saved us.

FA Cup 4th Rnd Quals: Salisbury 1 - 0 Staines - BSP side Salisbury knocking us out unfortunatly. Again the youth played in a defensive 451 formation, which actually worked a treat. We dominated the first half, having 63% possesion and several chances, but when our only defensive midfielder (Gareth Risbridger) got injured in the 50th minute the tide changed. A positive performance.

Current league position

leaguetablestaines.th.jpg

So A good start to the campaign for sure, my league form is good with us sitting just in the playoffs, my home form is outstanding but the away form needs to be adressed, although the salisbury game was a positive. The young lads have both done well, centre back Darren Lord is rated by my ass man and looks good, whilst young left winger Martin is outperforming his two senior counterparts at the moment despite the fact that the coaches dont rate him.

Hopefully can keep it up.

Staines Town 09/10 Update:

Predicted Finish: 18th

Actual Finish: 11th

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round - knocked out by BSP Salisbury

FA Trophy: 1st Round - knocked out by BSP Histon

Conference League Cup: Quarter Final - knocked out by BSP Ebbsfleet

Overall Player Statistics

Top Scorer: Leroy Griffiths: 16

Top Assists: Andre Scarlett: 16

Highest Average Rating: Curtis Ujah (48(1) apps, 7.19 av.rating)

Most MOM: Curtis Ujah (8)

So, when I left you, we were 5th in the league after 12 or so games, a remarkable start in my opinion. I knew we werent going to keep it up, and we didnt. Still, we had a really good season, the two young lads did well, especially Darren Lord at Centre back who never looked out of place and is good enough to start regurarly, although that probably wont happen as my defence is my strongest area of the team, with Kris Paterson, who I feel is our best player, consistantly churning out performances at left back, Ujah and the much improving Ramsey at centre back with either Alex Wilson or Jake Newton at right back is very solid. The midfield was also a good area, the left winger spot was never fully claimed, although Orlando Smith remains in the driving seat, Cook is an average alternative, whilst Martin is on paper the weakest but the young lad does for some reason make things happen. Centrally, we are quite strong, Lewis Smith the attacking midfielder is an excellent player, whilst my two defensive options were Joe Roberts who did well and also Gareth Risbridger, my only DM but did a really good job when brought into the first team around 15 games into the season. Right wing we lack depth, but number one choice Howard Newton is excellent at this level. Joe Roberts filled in their when he was injured as I retrained him to a M/RC. Upfront we were good, Griffiths top scored with 16 and played generally well, Scarlett meanwhile, despite my assistant manager telling me he was rubbish, thrived in his deep lying frontman role. I gave him creative freedom, a free role and told him to drop deep slightly to get the ball at feet. His return of 16 assists and 15 goals was exceptional.

Our cup performance was decent, getting knocked out by BSP teams in every cup, although in all three games I couldve won - I was beating Histon 2 - 0 before losing 4 - 2, lost to Salisbury 1 - 0 despite controlling the game for example.

The league was successful as ive stated - at home we were fantastic, winning 13 out of 21 games 7th best in the division. Away from home is where the trouble lies, winning just 5 from 21, having a GD difference of -18 and providing the opposition for Maidenhead's only home win of the entire season. They trounced me 2 - 0 but it shouldve been more. I tried several formations away from home without success - my home formation is too attacking, I tried a counter attacking 451 which works occasionally, but when it dosent we get totally outplayed, Ive also experimented with a slightly attacking 433 formation which could be interesting. Although it dosent use wingers meaning Newton and Smith would have to miss out.

So, a promising season which can hopefully be bettered next season, despite almost no training facilites, the players seem to be improving, and if we can get some good young lads in pre - season, a top 8 finish isnt out of our reach. :thup:

Code:

Season League League Finish Other Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10 Blue Square South 11th None

well done mate i could never do that well

Cheers, and im sure you could if you gave it a bash!

The big day of pre-season has arrived, the youth intake. Dissapointingly we only brought in 4 players - I havent looked at any as I write this. Here goes:

First one up is Joe Hollis - a right winger (YES!) which is very good news as Ive got one out and out right winger in the whole club at the minute. He looks okish - ok hes technically very poor, but at least the lad has some pretty major pace for this level. Will definatly be involved at this level next season. Also good to see him with 11 determination, and 12 for flair, a stat which I like alot.

Second up is Tony Murray - a utility player, he looks pretty average, but his utility is definatly handy. A major plus point is that he can play as a DM. Stats are average but there is some promising stats for the likes of tackling, dribbling, free kick taking and concentration. Hes no slouch either which is handy. Teamwork of 17 could be pretty vital, he seems to be a grafter.

Third is Danny Kelly - my ass man picked him out as my best prospect, and boy am I delighted at this guy! A striker, which is great news as last season's top scorer, Leroy Griffiths is 33 and not getting any younger. Im happy at the fact that he looks pretty ace too in my opinion - hes fast which is really useful, and has a good heading and finishing stat. Well pleased, he is probably the best striker at the club in my opinion.

Fourth is Simon Suckling - Agreed a ridiculous name, but again looks a good prospect to me - good in the air, determined and also a team player he could go far with us.

Very happy, top 8 is my ambition, and all four of these lads will be playing a part; all four go straight into the first team squad. :thup:

The friendlies went well, a 2 - 0 home win against parent club Woking saw Danny Kelly score on debut whilst making the second, for evergreen Leroy Griffiths to tuck away the second. We then lost at home to Rushden and Diamonds 2 - 3, fielding a weakened side, before suffering a heavy 0 - 4 defeat to League Two side Wycombe. We drew our last friendly 0 - 0 at home to fellow BSS team Welling, we deserved a win but the result isnt important in a friendly.

Club news, and Victor Asombang a striker, and Tim Pitt, a right back were both released due to the impressive intake of young lads.

So with the first game fast approaching my first squad has been decided:

GK: Shaun Allaway © - Consistant last season, and no other option.

DL: Kris Paterson - My best player in my opinion, now a scottish u21 international, and is recieving big big interest from BSP and even League two side Macclesfield.

DR: Jake Newton - Its very tight between him and Alex Wilson for this spot but Newton impressed me in his 12 appearances last season and grabs the spot.

DC: Curtis Ujah + Christopher Ramsey - Both was solid as houses last season and that was never going to change, Ramsey has improved quite significantly which is great to see.

ML: Orlando Smith - Keeps his place despite his inconsistantancy last season.

MR: Howard Newton - Really good at this level.

MC(D): Gareth Risbridger - Just pops Joe Roberts.

MC(A): Lewis Smith - Quality player for us, im also retraining him as a potential striker, although that is now not so neccesary thanks to Danny Kelly's arrival. Roberts again is backup, Andre Scarlett can also fit in there.

FC: Andre Scarlett - outstanding last season, made goals, scored goals, lets hope for more of the same.

SC: Danny Kelly - So impressed with him, Griffiths is downed to the bench, although will still get some serious playing time.

SUBS:

DRC: Simon Suckling

DRC/DM/MRC: Tony Murray

AML: Andy Martin

MRC: Joe Roberts

SC: Leroy Griffiths

So thats 3 youth players on the bench and one in the first team. Coming on nicely I reckon.

Shame this is restricted to the English leagues only, I'd have tried it otherwise.

And that Joe Hollis guy has seriously the worst technical attributes I've ever seen :D

Dont worry about the England thing, its not restricted to England - I just copied the dafuges outline as I couldent be bothered writing all the rules start date etc! It would actually be really interesting to test this in different countries and see the results! Just make sure you holiday at least one season and that it is a previously unplayable side!

And you're right about Hollis, probably has a CA of about 10 or something! :D

Also, Danny Kelly scored a hattrick on debut, 5 games in he has 6 goals. :thup:

ok, here's my Profile/Personal

are parent club's allowed? if they send players on loan on their own accord, do i have to cancel them?

im predicted 20th/22, so this should be a challenging season.

especially challenging, as i dont have a scout or a GK coach, and that even though im below half my wage budget, im losing 3k a month, of my 25k starting balance

i'll have a go at this, as it seems my managerial style doesnt suit lower league spain. just loading it up now

Good man :thup:

Okay I wouldn't mind having a bash at this... I'll start holidaying now :)

Good luck :D

ok, here's my Profile/Personal

are parent club's allowed? if they send players on loan on their own accord, do i have to cancel them?

im predicted 20th/22, so this should be a challenging season.

especially challenging, as i dont have a scout or a GK coach, and that even though im below half my wage budget, im losing 3k a month, of my 25k starting balance

Methyr, will be interesting to see how you get on - On my games they seem to have some decent youngsters, will be interesting to see how the Welsh bias affects you!

Parent clubs ARE allowed, but you may NOT use any of the players they send you. If you had a player on loan when you took over you may use him until the end of the season. Any loans then send you should be terminated, although if for whatever reason you cannot get rid of a player then just keep him at the club and dont use him!

I dont have a scout (you dont really need them!) or GK coach either, I dont even have a coach! My ass man Craig Maskell and physio Gareth Workman are the only two staff members at the club.

Cheers. as for the parent club, it turns out Cardiff only pop along to play a friendly and thats it.

3 games of pre season played, with a 2-1 win against Northwich Victoria, 1-3 defeat to barnsley and a 0-5 defeat to Cardiff. in the 4th game, however, 20 minutes in, my ME froze (i could still use widgets etc, but the game stopped) and i had to quit the game without it saved. going to have to start again from the 25th :(

okay, just to check can we promote shall we say 'senior' members of the squad on a playing contract into coaching positions?

Yes you can mate - for me Craig Maskell was a player/coach, I made him player/ass man, he has now retired so is just my ass man.

Good luck fella. :thup:

Just a quick point, I have just noticed theres a pre-arranged transfer (Martin Rose) from before I took over. I saw in an earlier post you said this way ok, I just thought I'd double check.

Manager Profile: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/PlayingMan-2.png

Pre-Arranged Transfer: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/DoverAthletic.png

Martin Rose: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/MartinRose.png

Pre Season

I had four games in pre-season to work out my team, and try out any youngsters who might force their way into the first team squad. My first step was to sort out the contracts. I decided to let 5 players go (brave I know), and then lost another when Shaun Welford decided to move on. So I had managed to hold onto almost everyone I had wanted to, a good start. My next move was to fill my vacant coaching post. Being unable to sign anyone this could have been a problem. However, when looking through my reserves I saw that 32 year old Alan Pouton had a non-player profile! He wasn’t the best, but I immediately offered him a position as player/coach. He cheekily wanted a few hundred more, and as my only option to fill the vacant position he got his way.

With things shaping up well, I moved onto my first match of the pre-season:

Aylesbury 2-2 Dover: A game I really should have won. Dominated possession and had two disallowed. Frannie Collin looked good up front and got a goal, but no-one else really caught the eye.

Dover 4-0 Slough: Now thats more like it! A much more attacking side, and a much better performance. Absolutely dominated the game, with 23 shots on goal. Martin Rose picked up an impressive MOM award with two goals, but perhaps more pleasingly was youth team midfielder John Reed’s performance. The central midfielder played a 7.9 and scored a goal.

Dover 3-1 West Ham Reserves: Now this I didn’t expect! My defence played really well, and Olly Schulz in particular looks a good player. This new attacking team seems to be working a treat!

Dover 0-0 AFC Hornchurch: Frustrating! Created loads of chances, but just couldn’t score! Andy Smith played well bombing forward from right back and got the highest rating for my team (AFC Hornchurch’s ‘keeper was MOM).

So after these four games I’ve come up with this XI:

GK - Russell Howarth

DR - Andy Smith

DL - Paul Tierny

DC - Ollie Schulz

DC - Tim Bond

MR - Frannie Collin

ML - Trevor Robinson

MC - Sammy Moore

MC - Jon Wallis

FC - Tony Boto

FC - Martin Rose

Subs

MC - John Reed (just missed out, but should get plenty of playing time. Youth Team)

AMR/L/C - Matt Bodkin

DL/C - Dean Hill

AMR/ST - Lee Browning

AMR/L - Jerahl Hughes

The First Quarter update:

League: Fisher 2 - 4 Staines (Kelly 10', 34', 84', Roberts 50') - What an amazing debut from 16 year old Danny Kelly, a hattick and a 9.3 performance. We played excellently and dominated the game.

League: Staines 2 - 3 Weston-super-Mare (Griffiths 36', Paterson 84') - A dissapointing performance and result, but at least we are scoring goals.

League: St.Albans 2 - 2 Staines (Kelly 33', Ramsey 44') - A decent performance, but we shouldve picked up all three points. Simon Ramsden's 83rd minute cross looped in to draw them level. Danny Kelly scores again taking him to 4 goals in 3 games.

League: Staines 2 - 1 Dartford (Griffiths 64', Kelly 88') - Another poor performance at home, but we got all three points after coming back from 1 down at the break. The evergreen Leroy still keeps putting them away, and legend in the making Kelly grabbed us a brilliant winner.

League: Hayes & Yeading 1 - 0 Staines - Oh dear. We were pretty dismal, but again didnt deserve to lose. Danny Allen-Page's 53rd minute 60 yard freekick however had other ideas.

Conf Lg Cup 1st Rnd Staines 2 - 4 Lewes (Antwi o/g 34', Lord (pen) 90 +1') We were thrashed and the scoreline was generous to us, although we fielded a very young side, including a debut for Simon Suckling.

League: Staines 2 - 1 Team Bath (Griffiths 41', Thomas 85') - Again we werent convincing, but came from behind to snatch the win. Micheal Wardle getting himself sent off for them in the 33rd minute certinaly helped out cause.

League: Merthyr 0 - 3 Staines (Paterson 37', Smith 41', 70') - Wow. Merthyr were third at the time and we hammered them. Kris Paterson kept us his fine form, as did left winger Orlando Smith, grabbing two great goals. In terrible news, Danny Kelly picked up a knock which will keep him our for two months.

League: Staines 0 - 0 Welling - not much to say, a poor game with neither possesing enough quality, we didnt half miss Kelly's directness in behind. In positive news, creative man Andre Scarlett used this game to return from injury.

FA Cup 2nd Qual Rnd: Staines 2 - 0 Eastleigh (Thomas 32', Onochie 76') - Again a young side, including youngsters, Suckling and Hollis from the start dominated this game. Youngsters Martin and then Tony Murray making his debut came on in the second half, with Murray providing the second goal for super sub Onochie.

League: Grays 2 - 2 Staines (Newton 49', Paterson 56') - Our best performance of the season, Grays are a very good side and we outplayed them, despite being two nil down after the 11th minute. Paterson equalised with a stunning 25 yard freekick, showing exactly why the likes of BSP Kettering and League Two Chesterfield are all over him at the minute.

So a good start, leaving us 7th in the league. Kelly looks superb, and the likes of Orlando Smith and Kris Paterson are having fantastic seasons so far. Hopefully once Lewis Smith has recovered from his injury which has kept him out all season so far, and Kelly returns we can be a real threat to the playoffs.

My Dover game crashed, frustratingly. I think it's something to do with the original savegame that I had, because I tried again with Merthyr and that didn't work either. Looks like I'm going to have to start the entire thing again.

First Quarter Update:

I started the year with a decent squad and harbouring play off ambitions. Another positive is that I have a relatively young squad, with the majority being in their mid to late twenties, so will hopefully stay for years to come.

Results:

League: Dover 1 - 0 Basingstoke (Wallis 59’) - A goal from central midfielder Jon Wallis gave us the edge in this contest. We dominated for long periods, and looked fairly impressive. Winger Trevor Robinson was particularly threatening and picked up the MOM award as well as an assist.

League: Cambridge C 1 - 1 Dover (Chaffey (OG) 81’) - Apart from their early goal, Cambridge never threatened us. We dominated the rest of the game, but just couldn’t finish our chances. It took a late own goal from Cambridge’s left back for us to salvage a point.

League: Dover 2 - 1 Team Bath (Rose 19’, Boto 33‘) - The scoreline does not reflect our dominance in this game. We had 20 shots on goal to Team Bath’s six. A goal from each of the strikers saw us get the three points we deserved.

League: Newport County 3 - 4 Dover (Boto 9’ 50’, Bond 45+1’, Rose 90+3) - Madness! We entered the last ten minutes cruising at 3-1. From nowhere Newport scored two goals in three minutes and drew level. I threw on an extra striker to try and win the match, and was rewarded when after 86 minutes Browning (sub striker) was fouled for a penalty. Martin Rose stepped up and subsequently blazed the ball over bar. He made up for this penalty miss by bundling in a corner in the third minute of added time to take all three points.

League: Dover 0 - 2 Chelmsford - Our first loss of the season, and at home too. A very even game, but mistakes cost us. First an error from ‘keeper Howarth gifted Chelmsford their first, and a handball from Andy Smith gave them a penalty from which they scored their second. All in all, a performance to forget.

Conference League Cup South 1st Round: Dover 4 - 1 AFC Wimbledon (Verma (OG) 9’, Collin 13’ 49’, Reed 29’ (pen)) - After the performance against Chelmsford, I wasn’t feeling too confident about this one. We gave our best performance of the season so far, and after being gifted an early own goal never looked back.

League: Havant & Waterlooville 2 - 2 Dover (Boto 44’, Wallis 47’) - We started brightly and dominated the first half. We were rewarded with a goal just before half time. A quick strike after half time from Man of the Match Wallis and I was feeling confident. However, Havant bounced back and absolutely dominated the final half hour and got the two goals back.

League: Lewes 1 - 2 Dover (Collin 47’, Reed 90+1’ (pen)) - A mixed game. The positives being the win, and youth product John Reed’s scoring the winne, which was his second goal of the season. The negative being losing my centre back Tim Bond to injury.

League: Dover 3 - 0 Tonbridge (Reed 18’ (pen), Rose 23’, Robinson 63’) - Same as last game. Highlight was young John Reed scoring. I was left with a real problem though when Olly Schulz was injured, meaning I was without either of my starting centre backs. This left me with only two fit centre backs in the squad.

FA Cup 2nd Qual: Dover 2 - 0 Lewes (Wallis 22’, Hill 90+1’) - Main positive was the makeshift defence keeping a clean sheet! Very happy! Hill also managed to pop up with a goal from centre back and was named MOM.

League: Dover 0 - 1 Thurrock - A poor performance all around really from both teams. Thought we were a little unlucky not to draw.

League: Hayes & Yeading 1 - 3 Dover (Boto 13’, Collin 48’ 77’) - Good performance, with Collin being particularly impressive.

Current League table:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/BlueSquareSouth.png

So a good start :), hopefully play offs will prove to be is a realistic aim for the year

Looks very good bennyd that, looks like you are certainly on course for a playoff spot! :thup: Boto seems to be knocking a few goals in for you - hes not on my game unfortunatly, so im guessing hes retired - couldent have a look at a screenshot could I?

If I start at a club without a physio, am I OK to sign one, or do I have to wait until one of my players wants to become one? I've started at Sutton Utd, and they have every member of staff except a physio.

Profile Screen

Hmm, does anybody how the game deals with injuries if you dont have a physio? Technically you cant sign one, im dealing without a coach for example, but if the effect is very severe I suppose we should all have a physio..

Quick update on my game, im 12th after 18 games, 4 points outside the playoffs, which I beleive we can still have a chance at! Its a very tight league this season so one burst of form for anybody can push them right up - From 4th place to 14th place, only 7 points seperate them.

Bad news is that im getting increasingly concernced with Danny Kelly, who is out injured again, for a month this time. My starlet of the future could also be a crock :(

i was without a physio for a while in spain. all players heal far slower, but they do heal

Well seeing as im in a good mood, Ill say that if you dont have a physio to begin with, you MAY hire one - Im guessing it will hardly be an advantage as I doubt you will be able to hire a particulary good one anyway.

Onto my game, I left you 12th in a tightly contested BSS - I had three tough games to come, but we went unbeaten in the period - Firstly was an excellent 2 - 1 win at home to Chelmsford, who sat in 11th, with youth player Simon Suckling and Joe Roberts (who had a superb game, pushing him above Gareth Risbridger for that CM spot) scoring the goals for us to again come from behind to win.

Away to Basingstoke, who sat 2nd in the league was next. We were getting well beaten at half time, but kept the score at just one nil behind. I told the lads I had faith in them, and we came out second half and played some great stuff. We got our reward when in the 79th minute Howard Newton was felled in the penalty area and Andre Scarlett tucked home the spot kick. Finished 1 - 1 which was a great result.

Next came Tiverton at home, again, they sat in 2nd place. We thrashed them, 55% possesion, 17 shots to their 4, and took all three points in a convincing 3 - 1 victory. Risbridger scored the opener, before subsitute Marc Charles-Smith really impressed me with two late goals, both crackers after a good run and then a good finish. In the battle of the two sub strikers (Onochie and Charles-Smith), Smith certainly has that spot, and is close to overcoming Leroy Griffiths for the first team spot (as Danny Kelly is injured)

In club news, Joe Roberts the centre midfielder come right winger has been performing excellently and is close to forcing out either Howard Newton on the right wing, or Risbridger in the centre midfield role. Kris Paterson, now worth 10k and receiving interest from League One Yeovil, Sligo Rovers, Kettering and Lincoln has learnt how to be not just a left back, but also a left wing back, whilst Lewis Smith has come back from injury finally, and has looked very very good in his 5 games so far. Simon Suckling, another youth product has forced his way in the defence, ahead of Christopher Ramsey and Darren Lord to parter Curtis Ujah at centre half - in his 17 games Suckling has an impressive average rating of 7.03.

So things looking up, morale is sky high and were just two points outside the playoffs. :thup:

Looks very good bennyd that, looks like you are certainly on course for a playoff spot! :thup: Boto seems to be knocking a few goals in for you - hes not on my game unfortunatly, so im guessing hes retired - couldent have a look at a screenshot could I?(

Thanks Steboy :) Going by your last post, the play offs also look like a real possibility for your Staines boys.

Here's Boto's screenshot for you: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/11TonyBoto.png

Boto looks useful, good finishing, composure and useful in the air.

My second season is getting very very exciting now, 39 games gone and the league is INCREDIBLY tight.

League Table

Amazingly, despite last years failing away from home, my away record this season is better than my home form! :eek:

Staines Town Season Review 2010/2011

So, the season is over - But did I make the playoffs?

From this League Table, I had three games to try and overcome a one point deficit to Lewes in 5th place. However, what I didnt realise is that my last three games were:

Chelmsford 15th (A) - A tough game, and I never do well against Chelmsford, I reckon they are better than 15th.

Tiverton 4th (A) - A very tough game, agaisnt high scoring Tvierton

Basingstoke 1st (H) - League champions to be, could be a struggle.

I reckon I needed 4 points at the very least, Lewes hadnt been in brilliant form, and had Weymouth to play last game of the season.

League: Chelmsford 2 - 0 Staines - Oh dear, We were outplayed really, Lewes only draw away at Bath and Weymouth only drew at home to Team Bath.

League: Tiverton 2 - 1 Staines (Orlando Smith 84') - What a shame - we deserved at least a point, which wouldve kept our playoff bid in place. A huge error from Curtis Ujah gifted Tiverton a first goal, and by Half time we were 2 down. We came out second half, threw everything at them but just couldent get the ball in the net despite creating 5 clear cut chances. We were out of the playoffs, but the season was still positive.

League: Staines 2 - 0 Basingstoke (Kelly 30', Ujah 75') - Great performance from us but it meant nothing in the end. Lewes and Weymouth drew 1 - 1 leaving me agonisingly just one point outside the playoffs. Had a scored an equaliser at Tiverton I been level with Lewes and would have had the exact same goal difference! But it wasnt to be - next season perhaps?

Predicted Finish: 13th

Actual Finish: 7th - League Table

FA Cup: 1st Round - Lost to Oldham of League Two 0 - 2.

FA Trophy: 2nd Round - Lost to Aldershot of the BSP 0 - 4 after drawing 3 - 3 at Aldershot.

Conference League Cup: 1st Round - Lost to Lewes of the BSS 2 - 4.

Overall Player Statistics

Top Scorer: Danny Kelly (13)

Top Assists': Danny Kelly (11)

Highest Av. Rating: Danny Kelly (35(1) Apps, 7.01 Av.Rating)

Most MOTM: Danny Kelly (6)

So, a good season, only JUST missing out on the playoffs, but that is only becuase it was a tighter league in fairness. My side was much more rounded, goals were shared around more, and we were tighter at the back. However, we only got 4 points more than last season, and scored fewer goals, although we conceded less. Danny Kelly is obviousley going to be player of the season, I predicted big things from him and he didnt dissapoint me - he struggled with injuries and also ran out of steam towards the end of the season, a shame after watching him bag a hattrick on debut. Other positives were the performances of Joe Roberts when played wide right, Dean Thomas in the middle when used, Lewis Smith when he came back from injury. The performances of the full backs - Kris Paterson was outstanding, is now worth 14k and there is serious interest in him. Jake Newton and Alex Wilson both played very well when called upon. Simon Suckling was brilliant also, his first season was a great one. Hes a real determined lad, and a powerhouse in the air. Promising signs.

Our cup performance was pretty good aswell, getting to the first round proper of the FA Cup, and improving on my Fa Trophy performance. My Conference League Cup performance was dissapointing.

So another positive performance this season, hopefully the likes of Kelly and Suckling can develop futher and we get some more good young players through. Also in good news Andre Scarlett, now 31 looks like he is almost certainly going to be a coach soon. Ive billed him up twice now and he is now 'Seriousley looking at the possibility of coaching' which is great.

Coming up will be a total 'meet the squad' section, previewing next season, when the young lads come through.

:thup:

Code:

Season League Position Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10 Blue Square South 11th None

2010/11 Blue Square South 7th None

Unlucky Steboy... still Danny Kelly looks a good prospect. Next years the year!!!

Cheers mate, we were close but hopefully we can be stronger this year. Kelly will obvioulsey be at the forefront, but who else will be? Well lets meet the squad!

Staines - Squad Preview - *Apps and stats are under my leadership

Goalkeepers:

Shaun Allaway - Apps* 103 Gls 0 Rating 6.71 - 28 Years Old

The club captain, Allaway is clearly first choice keeper, and the only one in the whole first team squad, a solid keeper, ever present last season. James Courtnage was backup but has now left on a free. Two youth keepers' now provide backup, Kevin King is 18 and will never be good enough, but young keeper Tommy Boateng might possibly be. You will see him later.

The Defence:

Kris Paterson D/WB L - Apps 90 Gls 7 Rating 6.98 - 21 Years Old

In my opinion my best player, always dependable, and good on the ball too. Valued at 14k and ever rising, League One and Two clubs are sniffing around. Represented Scotland at U21 Level twice.

Alex Wilson D/RL - Apps 81 Gls 1 Rating 6.84 - 23 Years Old

Solid as you like, and capable of playing both left back and right back.

Jake Newton D/R - Apps 36 Gls 1 Rating 6.86 - 24 Years Old

Pacier than his counterpart Wilson, a good all round right back.

Curtis Ujah D/RC - Apps 88 Gls 14 Rating 7.01 - 23 Years Old

Player of the season in my first year, powerful centre back who is good in the air and no slouch on the deck either. Has a nick of popping up with a goal or two aswell. Vital player for me, its not if he plays, its simply of who partners him and the back.

Christopher Ramsey D/C - Apps 74 Gls 3 Rating 6.73 - 21 Years Old

Good allrounded defender who should perform better than he does. A Northern Irish u21 International, hes strong and quick and not a bad tackler either. However his dissapointing displays have left him on the bench as young Simon Suckling outperforms him currently.

Simon Suckling* D/RC - Apps 31 Gls 3 Rating 6.97 - 17 Years Old

A great first season for the youngster, strong, brave, very determined he rarely loses a header. Currently in the first XI.

The Midfield:

Howard Newton AM/RL - Apps 86 Gls 7 Rating 6.83 - 29 Years Old

Been first choice and only right winger for the majority, although recently Joe Roberts has stole that spot off him. Pace is his key asset, alongside his natural flair and dribbling ability. Brother of right back Jake Newton.

Joe Roberts M/RC - Apps 82 Gls 2 Rating 6.79 - 21 Years Old

Solid, good on the ball and a natural CM. Retrained to right midfield and has always done a good job there aswell. Very useful little player to have.

Orlando Smith AM/L - Apps 79 Gls 8 Rating 6.80 - 24 Years Old

An exciting winger, quick, flair and again dribbling make him a joy to watch. He is horribly inconsistant however, when ges good hes outstanding, but when hes ****, he really is bad!

Andy Martin* AM/L- Apps 50 Gls 1 Rating 6.70 - 18 Years Old

Came through the youth system, does a decent job when needed and seems to be able to make things happen, but im not sure how he does it. Only managed 15 league apps last season however.

Gareth Risbridger DM/MC - Apps 75 Gls 3 Rating 6.75 - 29 Years Old

Very dependable, I overlooked him intially but is now a key squad member. A good passer and my freekick taker also, hes my only senior defensive midfielder and is used pretty frequently there. Would be a guarenteed first teamer but his physical stats do let him down a bit.

Dean Thomas AMC - Apps 40 Gls 5 Rating 6.85 - 23 Years Old

Another one that I totally overlooked early on, only coming into the side last into my first season. A decent overall player, he likes getting forward and always pops up in the opposition box, even if I play him as the more defensive centre midfielder. Bench material but very useful.

Lewis Smith AMC - Apps 81 Gls 15 Rating 6.95 - 21 Years Old

May be only 21, but already a key key player. Gets forward from mdifield and scores vital goals. Hes quick and can run with the ball well, alongisde his good passing and finishing stats. Currently being trained as a striker.

The Strikers

Leroy Griffiths SC - Apps 80 Gls 20 Rating 6.71 - 34 Years Old

Had a great first season, but is no longer up to the job due to his age. Dissapointing second season but still a bit of a legend in these parts.

Andre Scarlett AM/FC - Apps 92 Gls 22 Rating - 31 Years Old

Another one who is slowly detriorating. A creative striker who scores great goals but misses sitters at the same time. Alongside his 22 goals are 21 assists, but wont be starting this time around. Due to be a coach which could be very useful due to his good technical skills.

Danny Kelly SC - Apps 37 Gls 13 Rating 7.00 - 17 Years Old

Really promising, player of the season in his debut season, with a decent scoring record. Im expecting 15 league goals at least this time around.

Elliot Onochie AM/FC - Apps 24 Gls 5 Rating 6.67 - 24 Years Old

Bit of a super-sub, because everytime he persuads me to start him, he plays *****. A good finisher but dissapointing stats elsewhere means he struggles to get into goal scoring positions.

Marc Charles-Smith SC - Apps 32 Gls 6 Rating 6.62 - 26 Years Old

Similar to Onochie, not good enough to start but always seems to pop up from nowhere, produce a good performance and make me rethink. A decent finisher, hes got a bit of pace and isnt bad at freekicks either. My assistant also seems to rate him aswell.

So theres the squad. This Season's Youngsters:

They were quite dissapointing to be fair, although the two I have picked out may be quite useful.

Tommy Boateng - Looks OK, decent handling and reflexes. 15 for Eccentricity could be interesting however.

Ryan May - My ass.man picked him out as having talent, but im not sure with him. Where do I play him? Hes in the first team squad and will get some time on the pitch for sure - worth 5k from the off so looks to have some talent.

The others are:

Frankie Brennan

Gary Duncan

Luke McCabe

Neil McGregor

Here we go. :thup:

Nice work Steboyuk :thup:

McCabe looks pacey, hasn't got a lot of anything else though! will give this a go, holidaying as we speak. Given my record in dafuge's challenge though, i reckon it'll be a short one!

Cheers - Hes not bad in the air either, which is what we sorely miss upfront - out of all my strikers, they are all useless in the air, which is a problem from goalkicks as we frequently lose possesion from them. Ill give him a run in a few cup games if I can and we will see how he goes.

My third season has started very well - 8 games in, we are 4th in the league and doing well in the cups too. Morale is sky high and everybody is playing well, Danny Kelly keeps knocking in the goals with 5 in 10, whilst star of the season so far has been Dean Thomas in centre midfield. 5 goals from 8 starts, hes been fantastic. I will have blown it bigstyle if I dont make the playoffs this season I reckon!

Cheers HunterKiller - Good luck with your attempt, good to see you're braving it and giving it a bash! :thup:

Cheers Steboy - reckon I'll need that luck! Loaded up the game, holidayed to the date, and then....:facepalm:

Hadn't loaded the .ddt file :( Will try again tomorrow! Good start to the season, Kelly looks like an absolute star!

Arghh what a nightmare!

I have a save file which is 9.03, has the ddt file and can upload it for you now if you want?

Mid Season Update:

After a good start to the season, it was important to try and build on the momentum and sustain my play off challenge. With a small squad it was important I avoided injuries and suspensions... unfortunately my players failed to grasp this and I needed to rotate fairly frequently. Luckily the replacements stood up and played well. With one young man in particular coming to the fore...

Results:

Conference League Cup South 2nd Round: Dover 0 - 2 Chelmsford - I was unlucky to draw the team who were top of my league. Chelmsford showed why they were top, and dominated this game. We never really got into it, and the scoreline was a fair reflection.

FA Cup 3rd Qual: Walton Casuals 0 - 3 Dover (Smith 10’, Brown (OG) 39’, Reed 55’) - An easy draw, and an easy win. Pretty straight forward game, was happy to see youth prospect Reed get on the scoresheet again.

League: Braintree 0 - 1 Dover (Collin 19’) - A fairly even game, so was happy to see us get the three points. A couple of decent saves from Howarth saw him pick up his first MOM award of the season.

League: Dover 3 - 0 Team Bath (Boto 1‘, Reed (pen) 41’ (pen) 67’) - The early goal from Boto set us on our way, and two penalties from young Reed ensured victory. Reed picked up MOM for his two goals, with an 8.6 rating.

FA Cup 4th Qual: Hemel Hempstead 2 - 0 Dover - Poor. Tierney got himself sent off in the twentieth minute, and we were never in the game. Didn’t even get on shot in.

League: Weston Super-Mare 0 - 3 Dover (Rose 54’, Moore 60’, Hill 90‘) - A much, much better performance, just 3 days after the FA Cup exit. Played really well, and Hill made the most of his opportunity filling in for Tierney by getting his name on the scoresheet.

League: Dover 3 - 1 Bath (Rose (pen) 32’ 66’, Collin 59‘) - Another good performance, particularly by Rose who picked up a brace. The only negative was an injury to Frannie Collin late in the game.

FA Trophy 3rd Qual: Dover 1 - 1 Blyth Spartans (Boto 39‘) - A very even game, probably a fair scoreline.

FA Trophy 3rd Qual Replay: Blyth Spartans 2 - 1 Dover (Rose 51‘) AET (1-1 FT) - Another very even game, which went to extra time. We lost to a 109th minute penalty

League: AFC Wimbledon 2 - 1 Dover (Collin 21‘) - Was always going to be a tough game, with only a three day gap from the loss to Blyth. Collin returned after missing the previous two games and got a goal, but it wasn’t enough to avoid defeat.

League: Dover 2 - 0 Bishop’s Stortford (Collin 6, Robinson 52‘) - Easy win, dominated the whole game. Was nice to get back to winning ways.

League: Tiverton 0 - 1 Dover (Rose 73‘) - Scraped through this one. Not a great performance, but got the all important 3 points.

League: Dover 3 - 1 Bath (Reed 50’ 82’, Rose 57‘) - Bought Reed on at half time after a poor first half, and what an impact the young man made! Two well taken goals mturned the game for us, and he won the MOM award.

League: Bromley 0 - 0 Dover - How frustrating! Bromley went down to 10 men after only 8 minutes, despite playing with an extra man for over 80 minutes we couldn’t find a goal

League: Dover 4 - 3 St Albans (Reed 12’ 57’, Rose 41‘, Wallis 90+2’) - Wow, what a game! Reed dtood out as the best player, with an 8.7 rating and MOM. The 16 year old is developing really well.

League: Weymouth 2 - 0 Dover - Not a good performance, but Weymouth are a good side so I’m not too worried that we lost this one.

So... a good little run there has seen me climb from 5th position up to 3rd, but I am tied on points with the top 2. Promisingly John Reed (a youth player) has claimed a spot in the starting XI after a string of good performances, and is currently my second top scorer with 10 goals (8 in the league). We are in a good position, and hopefully can maintain our good form

League Table: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/BlueSquareSouth-2.png

John Reed(for anyone who is interested :)): http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/JohnReed.png

Thanks fo the offer Steboy, but I've nearly finished the holiday (with ddt), so should be up and running tonight

Nice work bennyd, that Boto looks pretty good for the BSS :thup: Bad luck with the injuries, seem to have come through it ok though!

To quote a well-known soft drink ad campaign, what's the worst that could happen dodged up? ;)

Thanks Steboy :D

Just finished a pretty successful pre-season:

Redbridge 0 3 Cambridge C (Ellerbeck 2, Kiffin)

Cambridge C 2 1 Cambridge (Ellerbeck 2)

Cambridge C 3 2 Wealdstone (Chaffey, Sheldon 2)

Folkestone 1 3 Cambridge C (Arojogun, Ellerbeck, Sheldon)

Ashford 3 3 Cambridge C (Ellerbeck, Arojogun, Bowyer)

Pretty pleased with that, especially the win over BSP Cambridge! The defence looks a bit shaky though, mainly because my two first-choice CB's are 33 and 41 :o

Here is the man that just can't stop scoring: Ellerbeck

Archived