Most annoying game I've played

This game can **** me off like nothing else. Coz it's not a game anymore. You've gone too far. SI forgot games should be fun in their chase for realism, and the game fails in realism as soon as the match engine loads anyway.

Making a tactics has nothing to do with logic or fottball knowlegde, but to put the sliders (most rediculous thing ever 20 step bars) in the excact right position. 13 changed to 14 can make a huge difference and thats BS. The pre made tactics are pretty useless.

There shouldn't be more than 5 choices on the sliders. Very defensive, defensive, balanced, offensive and very offensive. And so on. 1-20 is ********.

Game expands every year, fun of playing it decrease every year. I have bought every versions since CM93, If FM 2010 has sliders I will not buying it.

Filling the game with timeconsuming needed press conferences and opp instructions kills the fun for me too. Press conferences are fun for the 3-4 first times you play the game, after that you'll give your left arm for an ass man not messing them up.

SI, forget realism for a while and consider what makes a game good, and thats FUN, it has to be fun not frusterating.

FM09 I have not been able to play more than 2 days in a row, then I've needed a month break from the crap. I can pick Arsenal and win trophies, thats not the problem. The problem is the game is not fun, it just don't keep my attention, while playing the game I'm thinking more about whats on TV than the game.

Thats all, I have probably played my last game of FM. Next time I want to play a footie manager game I'll play CM 01/02 or even Anco's player Manager on the amiga emulator. The game has been freewared now alomg with "most" amiga games. Those games were fun and thats why we play FOR FUN!

I find that I'm agreeing with certain points of these kinds posts. I do get an urge to go on CM01/02, it was my favourite of the series. The tactics were detailed enough, as was the scouting. But if you don't like the game or series anymore just don't buy the new releases.

But the 20 step sliders not only make no sense, they don't work.

Wenger doesn't tell Adebayor to have attacking mentallity 15, creative freedom 14 and so on. It just doesn't make any sense.

And the match engine have serious problems making it work too.

I agree. On fm from 07 backwards i could just punch in some team tactics and a few indivudual ones and have a decent team. Now i have to put that slider sooo precisely to get my team playing well. I agree that press conferences are just time consuming and boring. An option ot turn them off and replace them with the old one question on your signing/ team expectatios for the upcoming match. This all leaves the game feeling quite dull at times, and i have struggled to get past two seasons or more because there is a lack of fun in playing.

And i know that people will respond with "your just bad at this game" and "Its your tactics!!" which is possibley the most unhelpful thing to say in a thread of this type.

Until you can talk to players via a headset, then I am sure that sliders will stay. If there were no team instructions, then the game would be way too simple.

Problem is the complexity doesnt give us added power or flexibility.

The tactical side is an utter mess, and considering this had been a hot topic since FM07 its a poor showing that it has not been addressed- instead we get 3D. Ooh pretty pictures! And nothing of substance, in fact the 3D just serves to show how poor the match engine can be.

Interesting that CM have delayed their release........maybe this is the year they surpass FM, and by god its needed as FM has grown tired and stale.

Archived