What Clubs Have Sacked You?

In Light Of Being Sacked For The First Time By Middlesbrough Since FM 2005, I Was Just Pondering.

What Clubs Have Sacked You?

Post Clubs And If So, A Summery Here :)

Me - Sacked By Middlesbrough After Underperforming For The Season, Have Now Been Relegated Under Tony Mobrowy (WBA Manager In Real Life), Who I Replaced For 24 Days Before Leaving For Frankfurt Who I Am Now Helping Fight Relegation.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crewe - FM07 after underperforming in prem when I was a title challenger. Went to Leeds and pipped Crewe to 4th Champs League spot that season. Serves them right ;)

I See Your A Lower League Man DanGLiverpool, Dafudge Challenge By Any Chance?
At Staines I was doing Dafuge's challenge, Bromley and Cesena were casual challenges, weird that I went from BSP (took Bromley there) to Serie B, then from Serie A to League 2, then took Aldershot to prem league, and ended up at Liverpool and England. Storied career, lasting 13 years, of Daniel Griffin FM 08:D

Speaking of which, I haven't done a career game in FM 09, and it was fine in FM 08 without any patches, so perhaps a career will start in the summer holidays (Unless I get a summer job)

At Staines I was doing Dafuge's challenge, Bromley and Cesena were casual challenges, weird that I went from BSP (took Bromley there) to Serie B, then from Serie A to League 2, then took Aldershot to prem league, and ended up at Liverpool and England. Storied career, lasting 13 years, of Daniel Griffin FM 08:D

Speaking of which, I haven't done a career game in FM 09, and it was fine in FM 08 without any patches, so perhaps a career will start in the summer holidays (Unless I get a summer job)

Haha Nice, Some Career You've Had :), Hope FM Gets Preference Over Summer Job Lol :p

Yeaa but what can you do? Went to Liverpool, sucked and resigned before taking the Torino job and falling in love with the club.

Worked out in the end :thup:

Have To Learn To Deal With Them Sadly :( , Liverpool, Awful (Have A Fondness For Everton ;)), Good, I Feel Like That At Certain Teams

Glad It Did :)

especially when i finished a point off safety and the team above me - luton - was the team i left to go to oldham. they had to lose and i had to get a win to stay safe but they scored in the dying minutes to win 4-3 against the league winners

never been so gutted before and i was stunned when i was sacked and gutted :(

EDIT: i was relegated to league 2 after getting luton to league 1 and then taking charge off oldham

Lol yup last day man

Hercules v Las Palmas

--- v Deportivo

3-4 to Las Palmas

1-4 to Me

Las were winning 4-0 and the other team was on a come back nail biting stuff :(

but i left them after a few games in the la liga and got offerd Aston Villa job so al was good

Lol yup last day man

Hercules v Las Palmas

--- v Deportivo

3-4 to Las Palmas

1-4 to Me

Las were winning 4-0 and the other team was on a come back nail biting stuff :(

but i left them after a few games in the la liga and got offerd Aston Villa job so al was good

Gutted, But All Came Good In The End :)

The one that stands out for me was when i got sacked from liverpool (in fm2005 i think) for fining my players too often, this despite winning the league 3 years in a row a couple of european cups. Went to Leicester City who were in the relegation zone at that time in divison 1 but somehow managed to get them promoted in the same season.

Next season first league game who do i play? of course liverpool at Anfield! and I won 4-1. I enjoyed that victory very much :)

went on to dominate with Leicester City so it worked out in the end :D

Every single club I have managed has given me the sack:(

Its a hard life.

ive only ever resigned once and that was luton.

i no how you feel when you get the message in your inbox

<club> sack <manager>

:mad::(

Only been sacked once since CM 01/02 I believe and that was in FM09 with Fortuna Sittard :mad:

Was gutted as I had helped them into the playoffs that season when there expectations were only mid-table, and got beaten by a Premier Division side.

A few days later they sacked me. Wasnt impressed

Just been sacked by Brazil. Despite leading Cambridge United to a second successive treble I couldn't get Brazil past the first knockout round in the world cup, they were already 53rd in the world so I dread to think how they're doing now. Lost to Serbia, a lucky draw with China then beat Morocco. Went out to Croatia (3-0). Now England manager, doing much better :-)

Yesterday!!! I decided i was bored at my current club (Originally Blue Square North), needed new challenge it was getting boring.....

So i asked the board for more money then Ultimatumed! Didnt think they would sack me as i had got them promoted 3 leagues in 3 season but still, made me laugh, got offered job at HSV, three seasons, two titles (from mid table) and two german cups later Barca approached. ;)

Sometimes good can come of sacking.

EDIT: Before that i dont think i have been sacked since around Championship Manager 2002?

I can only remember of 2 instances where I've been sacked. There will have been more occasions, but these days I tend not to get sacked very often.

On my first ever game on CM97/98, Manchester United sacked me, so I went to Altrincham, newly promoted to the 3rd Division .

And on FM08, I was managing Serra in the Brazilian Third Division. I think I won them their State C'ship at the first attempt, and was doing okay in the Third Division. Then they sacked me after less than a season for eyeing up another job :mad: So I went to Barras, another team in the division, and got them promoted the next season. To make it even sweeter, Serra got relegated without me!

We had a challenge last year with Sport Boys of Peru, these were the results:

January Challenge Leaderboard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoAC                       League winners with 93 points
dafuge                      League winners with 84 points

CoachFlu                    Sacked on 13.6.07 (was 8th in opening stage)
Jimbokav1971                Sacked on 13.6.07 (was 8th in opening stage)
migwar                      Sacked on 13.6.07 (was 9th in the opening stage)
Boskovic                    Sacked on 3.6.07 (was 11th in opening stage) 

Guess they just loved sacking managers.

I got sacked by PSV in 08 after trying to engineer a move to Portsmouth. Pompey appointed someone else, I refused to leave so they sacked me. Two months later I took over Real Madrid who we're in 11th at the time and won the league on the last day of the season. Four years later I got my dream job at Chelsea and lived happily ever after.

Ultimatums aside, I never get sacked; I just jump ship if I think I'm doing bad and the board/ fans are being muppets about me. However, my first ever sacking due to results came a couple of weeks ago. The club was Preston North End and it was just after the 2nd round of the FA Cup in which I was hammerd 4-0 by Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road. Annoyingly I was 6th in League One at this point, though Preston finished 17th in the end so there was some justice and I really enjoyed there demise! Annoyingly enough, the 3 times I've played PNE in the league after, I've lost each time, (Once with Peterborough, twice with Crewe) but I did beat them in the JPT!

In FM09 i have been sacked by every club i started a season with within a year...

Its really frustrating so i let the game be a game, i wont play anymore.

And yes i tried own tactics and all these "great" tactics here in the forum.

Hyde United sacked me after about 5 seasons or so. I got them promoted from the BSN in the first season but after that I got stuck mid table when the board wanted us to win the league. I was duely sacked but luckily got the Mansfield job a few weeks later who were in the same division. It just so happened the next season we got into the FA trophy final and who do we draw, Hyde United. Of course I beat them as well as beating them in the playoff final in the same season.

I've never been sacked. Ever. Then again, I've never issued an ultimatum or expressed interest in managing another club. I did quit my job once to go after a new challenge, after winning Ligue 1, the French Cup, and the Champion's League, each three years running in FM06, to take Rotherham.

In FM06 i got sacked from Forest when we were 3rd in League 1, 1 point off second, with 1 game left in the season, after taking them from 7th (where they were when i took over) with 13 games to go!:mad: Couldn't believe it because i was really confident we were going to go up. I think we might have had the 2nd placed team on the last day at home and i won all the home games i was in charge for. Not sure if i even lost a game while i was there!

I was sacked from Hertha Berlin after 20 games!!

Told them i would finish in the top half and was 12th went sacked.

Ended up at Vfb Lubeck and now determined to get to the bundesliga and

beat berlin to show them they where wrong!!

Monopoli - Bravely fought against relegation but failed in the end. My first sacking...it was rough.

Cassino - Our squad was good enough to finish in the top four but we ended up in the lower half. Sacked again.

Isola Liri - Our squad was predicted to do well but it was the exact opposite.

Swindon Town - Managed to get my beloved Swindon up to the Premiership but after finishing in last place they ignored my previous achievements and sacked me. I was heart broken...

Tunisia - Bah

Egypt - Bah again

Gambia - Isn't surprising since they are sh**

I can list probably another four or five but I won't.

Archived