+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swapping positionbs - do both players have to have it enabled?

Amateur

Default Swapping positionbs - do both players have to have it enabled?

Say I want my front two, or wingers to swap positions. Do I have to set it on each of their individual instructions?

Or will one suffice?

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

Default Re: Swapping positionbs - do both players have to have it enabled?

I would imagine both. It's not like it takes a long time to set them both.

What could happen if you only do one is that one moves and the other doesn't, so you have two in the same position. Don't know tho.

Amateur

I done it now and they stay that way nearly the whole game, this game is really annoying.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    I would imagine both. It's not like it takes a long time to set them both.

What could happen if you only do one is that one moves and the other doesn't, so you have two in the same position. Don't know tho.
    I am aware that it would not take long. I am not asking because it is a hassle, I am asking because I want to know if that is what has to be done.

And I would rather get a factual answer, rather than what you might imagine. Sorry to be critical but if you don't know then I would rather you did not comment.
    Last edited by scoot4nat; 09-04-2009 at 20:04. Reason: Edit

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by thegame24 View Post
    I done it now and they stay that way nearly the whole game, this game is really annoying.
    You mean they occupy the same position? If this is the case it seems rather strange - surely the word "swap" means that the other player would automatically take up the other position.

Sports Interactive Lucas Weatherby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoot4nat View Post
    You mean they occupy the same position? If this is the case it seems rather strange - surely the word "swap" means that the other player would automatically take up the other position.
    This is a good point, I think, and I think the whole thing leans into a suggestion for FM2010:

1) Have an option for plays to swap position in the proper sense - so when you do it for one player, (say ML swap with MR), it does it for the other.

2) Rather than a 'swap', a 'move-into' position for when your team are on the ball (say MR moves into AMC position to 'simulate cutting in').

Though I realise 2) is a suggestion mooted many times in different guises since the 'removal' of arrows, Tactically 2010 is going to be interesting since we seem to heading for some overhaul (I feel, since SI seem to be saying they are concentrating largely on the tactical side - what this means exactly, we can only speculate...)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Weatherby View Post
    This is a good point, I think, and I think the whole thing leans into a suggestion for FM2010:

1) Have an option for plays to swap position in the proper sense - so when you do it for one player, (say ML swap with MR), it does it for the other.

2) Rather than a 'swap', a 'move-into' position for when your team are on the ball (say MR moves into AMC position to 'simulate cutting in').

Though I realise 2) is a suggestion mooted many times in different guises since the 'removal' of arrows, Tactically 2010 is going to be interesting since we seem to heading for some overhaul (I feel, since SI seem to be saying they are concentrating largely on the tactical side - what this means exactly, we can only speculate...)
    I like this idea. Also, when you watch Ronaldo, Rooney and Berbatov, and sometimes Giggs, you see each of them moving into different postions, essentially having 3 attackers rotate positions, dragging defenders all over the place. This could be easily implemented into a tickbox option.

Amateur

that is because man utd essentially play the 4-6-0 formation.

Amateur

well
    set ML to swap position with FC and have FC to swap with MR and have MR to swap with ML
    should be entertaining...

Amateur

what i find annoying is that you can't keep individual instructions when they swap. Using United as an example, you might have Ronaldo and Park on opposite wings, Ronaldo might have settings to try more long shots etc. but if you want him to swap wings then Park will get thise settings

Reserves

You just need to tell one to swap.

Amateur

Dont criticise his answer when it would take at most 2 games to test it yourself!

Third Team

I do this plenty.

If you have one player set to "Swap with", but not both, they swap occasionally throughout the match.

If you have both set to "Swap with" each other, then they swap frequently throughout the match.

If you have three players set to "Swap with" each rotation-style, then they swap a bit, but not too much, IMO.

My interpretations has been to set "Swap With" for the less-attacking minded player. Then, when an opportunity to attack is on, he'll take it, and yell "Swap", and the previously attacking player covers his defensive responsibilities. So, for example, I set my MCd to "Swap with" my MCa but not the other way around; I set my "Fwd runs rarely" ST to "Swap with" my "Fwd runs often" striker but not vice-versa; I set my DR to "Swap with" my MR but not the other way around; and I set a DC to "Swap with" a DR but not the other way around.

Works out very much the way I want it to.

And no, at no time do I ever see two players occupying the same position.

+ Reply to Thread