The Apprentice - Task: To release a new version of FM.

I wonder whar Sir Alan would have made of 14/11/08's release had it been the result of a task from one of his teams. Whilst pondering this please remember the following issues that arose:

1/ The server overloading / Soft Anchor debacle

2/ The failure of the Telephone registration system

3/ The printed manual issues (I, 1. O, 0.)

Any thoughts?

My thoughts? Your treading old ground on this one, its been covered so many times and mistakes that were made have been admitted to!

If its something you feel strongly about then you can always contribute to an older thread that is full of dicussion about this rather than using last nights Apprentice as a thinly veiled attempt to have a moan or start a duplicate thread.

My thoughts? Your treading old ground on this one, its been covered so many times and mistakes that were made have been admitted to!

If its something you feel strongly about then you can always contribute to an older thread that is full of dicussion about this rather than using last nights Apprentice as a thinly veiled attempt to have a moan or start a duplicate thread.

Edit :- The servers came under a DDOS attack on release which caused most of the disruption.

Edit :- The servers came under a DDOS attack on release which caused most of the disruption.

Fair comments and I am aware of that, though if it was a disk in a play game that would not have happened!

Fair comment also about the dup thread, I only did this purely as an "Apprentice" idea though time will tell if it is a lame idea.

I am still upset about the FM09 debacle on release though, as you can tell and I do believe in the "Lest we forget" ideology!

they dropped the disc needed to play approach as last year everyone either copied the disc or dl a no cd key. I think you will find that this is a lame and pointless thread. Why complain again about something that SI have publicly held their hands up to say we messed up?! Also with the 1,I,O,0 rubbish, i never had a problem, its wasn't exactly hard to tell the difference, was amazing to see so many people blow up over such a minor thing, i mean just take 2 seconds to look at the thing and see if it was an I or a 1!

Well, if one team was doing this then the other team was probably working on CM. So it's the other team that would have lost since they didn't have a product. Of Fifa Man, since even a terrible out of the box version of FM trumps a fully-working version of that.

And since Alan Sugar is all about the profit, I'm guessing he'd have been quite pleased, although initially he'd have had some harsh words.

Of all the problems the most obvious and avoidable one was the inability to read activation codes. A child could have spotted that, but fair play to SI, they sorted that pretty quickly. The server problem was due to an external attack, which they couldn't really have expected, and this had a knock-on effect to the phone system since those who couldn't use the server picked up the phone.

Overall, not quite as bad as all the vitriol at the time made out. Although they shouldn't use Steam this year. I got the demo through them and it was a dreadful experience. Went through uniloc, used the facility that SI provided to sort out the code debacle and was playing within half an hour of opening the box.

CM/Fifa, yer fired. SI, you get a night of belly dancing and eating prawns out of silver bowls.

Replies all taken in a constructive manner. Obviously I had "issues" (still do!) not shared by you guys! Although this thread was meant to be humourous I appreciate that due to the total lack of amusement I totally misjudged the mood and should not have Posted. Do disgree that the 0Oi1 issue was easy to read, it was NOT!

Am delighted that everyone else sees beyond those issues and are enjoying the game, as indeed am I since 9.02.

Time for me to put the grudge away and get the ball out...

Given that loads of us thought the whole thing was a shambles, I think it's obvious that Sir Alan Sugar would not exactly have considered it the finest moment in gaming history.

Not really a question that needed asking, to be honest.

Archived