search for former trainees?

i was just thinking there are a lot of premiership clubs these days with hardly any youngsters who are at least half decent. the problem is that if you get into europe fairly soon and havent had time to bring any through it can be a real pain trying to have enough for you european squad. it got me thinking that on the player search bit it would be a good idea to have an option to filter players who have your club as the first club they played for meaning they would be eligable for europe which would save ages trying to think of players off the top of your head. good idea?

what i mean is being able to filter them on the player search to find players who were trained at your club but moved on to better things in the past. for example if you managed crewe and hard times meant you ended up with a team full of foreigners but then got into europe you would be stuck so this option would show up players like danny murphy and dean ahston etc. so you could buy them and have them count in your european squad.

Originally posted by andysharkey21:

what i mean is being able to filter them on the player search to find players who were trained at your club but moved on to better things in the past. for example if you managed crewe and hard times meant you ended up with a team full of foreigners but then got into europe you would be stuck so this option would show up players like danny murphy and dean ahston etc. so you could buy them and have them count in your european squad.

Easier just to use youth team to fill up your squad surely. No point on paying out millions for players just to make up the numbers.

I think that's a great idea.

Sure most of the time the players are goig to be out of your range or just plain crap, but it'd be useful just to see who's about.

If they are still useful for your squad then it'd be good to have that option avaliable, although i''d imagine it would be mostly used when the player was declining in years (is that right? - or does that mean they're getting younger), or their club had fallen under hard times and you were a step up.

EEven if it would only be useful in relatively (but not ridiculously) rare situations, it would be a shame to miss out on such players because you had no way of finding them.

Originally posted by andysharkey21:

what i mean is being able to filter them on the player search to find players who were trained at your club but moved on to better things in the past. for example if you managed crewe and hard times meant you ended up with a team full of foreigners but then got into europe you would be stuck

Just go to your transfer screen and click back to the beginning of the game. You have a record of every player you sold or released and can click on their profiles already.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysharkey21:

what i mean is being able to filter them on the player search to find players who were trained at your club but moved on to better things in the past. for example if you managed crewe and hard times meant you ended up with a team full of foreigners but then got into europe you would be stuck

Just go to your transfer screen and click back to the beginning of the game. You have a record of every player you sold or released and can click on their profiles already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even better, you can also see every newgen from your academy since the start of the game on that screen.

However for real players that search option would be very handy, which is why I have suggested it long before icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

Archived