Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Semi Pro

Could someone please upload FM08 patch v8.0.2 boxed version somewhere else?

Amateur

WSM2008 v.8.0.2 (boxed) patch.

http://cmfrenzy.com/index.php?option...leinfo&id=4274

Won't be uploading anymore files for tonight though.

Enjoy

I also recommend you use a download manager to get it as it may timeout at one point or another.

Amateur

Originally posted by NepentheZ:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Howie:
    the mac torrent finally worked, came through at 370k per second or the amount of time it took me to go for a p*ss.

Beautiful. I just put 4GB for RAM in my MacBook this afternoon too....

Sweet!!
    I dare not try it again. It's crashed my computer and internet umpteen times now, and is very annoying. Would really appreciate a mirror site.

NepentheZ if you still dont have it someone posted this mirror on the previous page:
    8.0.2 mac

Sweet-zombie - there are lots of places to get it. Have you checked the first post?

Amateur

Originally posted by Mr. Lionel:
    hey americans here's a wwsm mirror (digital download version)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zbcof6

enjoy!

Subs Bench

Cheers for the patch guys, t'is much appreciated.

Amateur

*Dances*

Thank-you. This money-making scam of a day has a point this year! <3

Amateur

Anyone point me in the direction of a mirror site for Mac that actually works

I can't get this BitTorrent cr*p to do anything

Amateur

it's save game compatible right? Just want to make sure before downloading it.

Amateur

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:
    saulty2005 - short term loans are not put in for the patch. But as Andystotes has pointed out, he has already gone back anyway. Also, any bugs should be posted in the bugs forums, and data issues in the data forums please.

Noonster - I believe people have already given the information that you need in that thread.

Arussell - you shouldn't need any PC knowledge for this one. Just use the data editor which comes with the game, and follow the instructions that I've given (and others have done in Noonster's thread). I have no idea when or if we will be doing an updated patch at this stage, as we found about this issue after the people who make the patches had already gone home.
    Thanks for the reply Miles, I have checked out another thread and the defoe change does seems simple enough. I will give it a go. Thanks again.

First Team Squad Member

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

I am running Windows Vista, would i download

Football Manager 2008 - official torrent downloads
    PC (boxed)

?

I downloaded it, but my game stayed on 8.0.0

Semi Pro

Originally posted by Doruk:
    I wouldn't mind it if someone could mirror the WWSM boxed mac version of the patch as I am in school right now but wouldn't mind downloading it as our system is rather quick. Can't do torrents here though which sucks
    Just be a bit patient with torrent on a mac. It does work, not very fast, but it does.

gameborder

The FM2008 PC Patch v8.02 is also hosted at GameBorder.com. This is the download link (US server):
    http://www.gameborder.com/game.cgi?c=704

Please add it to the list of mirrors if possible.

Amateur

I am going to Cry!!! Why today?? I am leaving with my wife on a cruise tomorrow!

I guess I will have to take my mac for along for the ride jajajaja

Amateur

Originally posted by Timster:
    WSM2008 v.8.0.2 (boxed) patch.

http://cmfrenzy.com/index.php?option...leinfo&id=4274

Won't be uploading anymore files for tonight though.

Enjoy

I also recommend you use a download manager to get it as it may timeout at one point or another.
    Cheers mate, It's going to be a good night here!

Amateur

I'm having trouble with the WWSM Mac boxed torrent link. My stuffit expander won't expand the file and I get message that "application has unexpectedly quit". I have downloaded the BitTorrent but same problem persists. Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong or a link for a mirror that I can try?

Amateur

Hi SI,

I am a member of the turkish research team and responsible of the research for Bursaspor. We all waited hopfully for the 8.0.2 and finally it is here. I have tested it all day long and I am as many others very disappointed. As you can see there are many topics already about issues that still is in the game, but also about new problems. It was the same case for 8.0.1 and also the game this year seemed to be at a very low level when it was released. Why are you in a rush to release these patches? We, FM gamers, are more than willing to wait a much longer time for the patches so you guys have the time to make them as optimized as possible. Again 8.0.2 seemse to be rushed and it´s feels like you guys didn´t give all your heart to this oatch and game.

We see you as number 1 of this sort of games and doesn´t want to criticize you. But so many problems shows that you are not doing a job that is worthy SI, as we know. What would you lose if you had tested 8.0.2 for another week or so? Nothing I think. But know there are just disappointed. These issues and problems make us FM lovers to lose our faith to the game and you. Please take mine and other gamers words with you and get the old good SI back.

I also want to say a few word about the research of some specifik players that you ”can´t” get wrong. Elano is better than Kaka? How is this possible? And now I see some problem in the player stats. They dropp dramaticly in a very shot time. What is that about? If you tested the patch good enough you would see this things easy. How can you miss that Portsmouth lose around 50 millions in only a year? It is a PL team we are talking about so every one should easily see this problem when testing.
    There are some much to write but I think you got my view of the wohle thing.

Regards
    Turkish research team member and Bursaspor researcher.

Amateur

Originally posted by UVA Soccer:
    I'm having trouble with the WWSM Mac boxed torrent link. My stuffit expander won't expand the file and I get message that "application has unexpectedly quit". I have downloaded the BitTorrent but same problem persists. Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong or a link for a mirror that I can try?
    Please disregard my post. I realized my stupidity and opened the torrent file with the BitTorrent program (Duh!).

Amateur

Really good work folks, very pleased. Despite a frustrating two week wait, it's really not too long to have to wait in reality is it?

Much appreciated.

One thing I will say though, is that I do think it's very important to get the re-jigged patch whereby the Defoe-bug is fixed. Though it's a quick fix for us all, it could be a bit complicated for people trying to set up a net game.

Cheers.

Amateur

What´s up with the coding? Players get their stat highered with 2 point in the game. It is 15 in the db, I see 15 in the editor but in the game it becomes 17. Totally unrealistic. If a player gets 15 for passing then he deserves 15 and not 17.

Amateur

Save game compatible??

Amateur

Anyone has a MAC update on a website? the torrent is way too slow on me... HELP!

Amateur

Originally posted by Deza:
    What´s up with the coding? Players get their stat highered with 2 point in the game. It is 15 in the db, I see 15 in the editor but in the game it becomes 17. Totally unrealistic. If a player gets 15 for passing then he deserves 15 and not 17.
    Is that not just to do with the level of training facillities and coaching? If a player moves to a team with a poorer infrastructure their stats quickly drop to reflect that I think.

Amateur

Mac WSM mirror pleaseeee.

Amateur

Just downloaded on torrent (PC) very fast thanks. Will seed for 24hrs.

I was on version 8.0.0 and it updated my game to 8.0.2 so all is well.

Ta

Amateur

Brilliant that this has come out today, cheers all at SI, not long in from a 12 hour shift, the g/f dumped me yesterday so just what i needed.

Banned

Miles a question for ya, is the patch ment to mess the saves up from previous patches? because in the clan game i play with several others, all our players stats have dropped vastly, any idea why?

Banned

Originally posted by Coolsvil:
    Miles a question for ya, is the patch ment to mess the saves up from previous patches? because in the clan game i play with several others, all our players stats have dropped vastly, any idea why?
    to better describe this, all there stats have been reset to what they began with

Amateur

Originally posted by riceybhoy:
    Brilliant that this has come out today, cheers all at SI, not long in from a 12 hour shift, the g/f dumped me yesterday so just what i needed.
    Thats rough mate. Ah well, like you said, youve got a new companion now.

Unless she dumped you because you spent too much time on FM......

Amateur

Originally posted by CoskuN OzdemiR:
    Hi SI,

I am a member of the turkish research team and responsible of the research for Bursaspor. We all waited hopfully for the 8.0.2 and finally it is here. I have tested it all day long and I am as many others very disappointed. As you can see there are many topics already about issues that still is in the game, but also about new problems. It was the same case for 8.0.1 and also the game this year seemed to be at a very low level when it was released. Why are you in a rush to release these patches? We, FM gamers, are more than willing to wait a much longer time for the patches so you guys have the time to make them as optimized as possible. Again 8.0.2 seemse to be rushed and it´s feels like you guys didn´t give all your heart to this oatch and game.

We see you as number 1 of this sort of games and doesn´t want to criticize you. But so many problems shows that you are not doing a job that is worthy SI, as we know. What would you lose if you had tested 8.0.2 for another week or so? Nothing I think. But know there are just disappointed. These issues and problems make us FM lovers to lose our faith to the game and you. Please take mine and other gamers words with you and get the old good SI back.

I also want to say a few word about the research of some specifik players that you ”can´t” get wrong. Elano is better than Kaka? How is this possible? And now I see some problem in the player stats. They dropp dramaticly in a very shot time. What is that about? If you tested the patch good enough you would see this things easy. How can you miss that Portsmouth lose around 50 millions in only a year? It is a PL team we are talking about so every one should easily see this problem when testing.

Regards

Amateur

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
    about time

Part-Timer

I have no idea how these bittorrents work. I'm using Opera on my Mac and it's sloooooow. If I used another bittorrent client would I find more seeds?

Looking for WSM Mac Boxed.

Amateur

took me 15 mins to download.
    say goodbye to sleep and welcome FM.

Hi SI,

Regards

Amateur

What was the 8.0.1 match engine version? I'm looking at the changelog and v649 fixes near post flick-ons, which annoys me so much. I hope this is fixed in 8.0.2 rather than being a similar sounding fix that I already had!

Part-Timer

Has anybody successfully downloaded the WSM Mac Boxed version? I keep receiving errors midway thru my download.

Amateur

Just downloaded and activated.

47 changes seems awfully small!
    Took yonks to downlaod though.

All I hop is that 1-on-1's, corners and freekicks are no longer gimped. That was all that 'bugged' me about the 801.

Amateur

The Grimi (Ac Milan player) was for loan do Sporting clube Portugal and not to Real Sporting.....

Amateur

Same thing on my 8.0.1 saved game. Most of the players stats have dropped.

Amateur

Stats of my players have dropped massively too.

Amateur

I'm sorry, I must not be doing something simple but I can't figure out how to get it working. I downloaded it (took four hours, says it's 100.0% done) and I have the wsm2008_802_digital-pc.exe icon on my desktop. What do I do with that? When I double-click it, I get "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?" When I start up a new game I just get the options for 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. I couldn't find anything on page 1 of this thread and didn't want to look through every page. I am very new to torrents so it's probably something really simple. Thanks in advance for any help.

Amateur

Happy Valentine's day lol

Amateur

Thanks Miles & everyone at SI

KUTGW

Amateur

Nobody knows? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've got it all downloaded - now what do I do? Last time, I just downloaded it and it was automatically an option when I started a new game (to pick 8.0.1). This is frustrating - I have it downloaded to my computer, but I have no idea what to do with it.

Lurker

Originally posted by lovingthegreen:
    I'm sorry, I must not be doing something simple but I can't figure out how to get it working. I downloaded it (took four hours, says it's 100.0% done) and I have the wsm2008_802_digital-pc.exe icon on my desktop. What do I do with that? When I double-click it, I get "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?" When I start up a new game I just get the options for 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. I couldn't find anything on page 1 of this thread and didn't want to look through every page. I am very new to torrents so it's probably something really simple. Thanks in advance for any help.
    haha uhh well u first need to find the folder in which u downloaded the actual patch. check ur utorrent preferences

btw thank SI!

Amateur

Originally posted by selimc89:
    quote:
    haha uhh well u first need to find the folder in which u downloaded the actual patch. check ur utorrent preferences

btw thank SI!

Thanks for the reply - when I went to my preferences, the spot for "put new downloads in ..." was unchecked. I just checked it and told it to put new downloads on my desktop, but what can I do about the item that I have already downloaded? Where did it go? I am usually pretty good at computers but this is brand new to me and I don't know what I'm doing.

Amateur

Wow, do I feel silly. I was so frustrated and didn't know what to do that I figured I would right-click the line that states it's 100.0% done and it gave me an option to "open."

Now I'm good to go. Well, I did figure it was something simple all along that I just couldn't figure out and I was right ...

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by selimc89:
    quote:

btw thank SI!

Thanks for the reply - when I went to my preferences, the spot for "put new downloads in ..." was unchecked. I just checked it and told it to put new downloads on my desktop, but what can I do about the item that I have already downloaded? Where did it go? I am usually pretty good at computers but this is brand new to me and I don't know what I'm doing.

Can't remember where utorrent sticks it as default(maybe it's program directory?) But what you could try is search your user directory in C:\Documents and Settings (remember to choose advanced search options and tell it to check hidden folders just incase)

Banned

Mirrors for 8.02 patch
    Download manager supported. Please max 2 concurrent connections.

Football Manager 2008 - PC (boxed)
    http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.c...2_boxed_pc.rar Use WINRAR to extract. Compressed to save time for downloaders.

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.c...2_boxed-pc.exe Original uncompressed.

Football Manager 2008 - Mac (boxed)
    http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.c..._boxed-mac.dmg

Worldwide Soccer Manager - PC (digital download versions)
    http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.c...digital-pc.exe

WSM - PC (boxed)
    Coming soon. Uploading.

Amateur

When I fix the Jermain Defoe problem, how do I save over the official 8.0.2 database? I don't see how. If I just save it as a new one, and choose it when I start a new game will it still have all the fixes that are on 8.0.2? Match engine etc.

Ty.

Amateur

Please please someone help i downloaded one of the mirrors last night but cant get it to load up its say i dont have the software to use the file (winrar). any advise on what i do once the file has finished downloading? Or another file that doesnt require winrar?

Thanks in advance

Amateur

Originally posted by SamCCFC:
    When I fix the Jermain Defoe problem, how do I save over the official 8.0.2 database? I don't see how. If I just save it as a new one, and choose it when I start a new game will it still have all the fixes that are on 8.0.2? Match engine etc.

Ty.
    I don't believe there's any way to do that. You need to save it under a different name and it will have everything 8.0.2 has plus any changes you made while in the editor (i.e. Defoe fix).

Amateur

Nice one people! Thanks a lot! Looking forward to having a crack at FM08 with update...

Cheers!

Amateur

Originally posted by sirj09:
    Please please someone help i downloaded one of the mirrors last night but cant get it to load up its say i dont have the software to use the file (winrar). any advise on what i do once the file has finished downloading? Or another file that doesnt require winrar?

Thanks in advance
    Just download winrar, google for it if you don't know from where and then extract it. Simple.

Amateur

is it free to download?

Part-Timer

Originally posted by sirj09:
    is it free to download?
    Yes it is.

Part-Timer

Originally posted by iceshake:
    Mirrors for 8.02 patch
    Download manager supported. Please max 2 concurrent connections.

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.c...2_boxed_pc.rar Use WINRAR to extract. Compressed to save time for downloaders.

WSM - PC (boxed)
    Coming soon. Uploading.
    Cheers mate, legend!

Amateur

Thank you SI!

I was starting and stopping and starting more games like there was no tomorow yesterday and was going to start a new game last night again until i remembered seeing a thread in here called "is it worth starting a new 8.0.1 game?" so i was going to post in that asking if it was haha then i've just seen the patch.

Cheers!

Amateur

Don Macaroni and Cheese.

I've been waiting for this!!!!

Superb, and I've got the day off today

I think I just wet my pants!

Amateur

Originally posted by Peljam:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Deza:
    Is that not just to do with the level of training facillities and coaching? If a player moves to a team with a poorer infrastructure their stats quickly drop to reflect that I think.

Yeah it's to o with training and the faciities because o my game whenever i sign Mati Fernandez his stats always improve and th same happens with Lucho Gonzales whe he signs for Spurs.

Amateur

Does anyone else play FM on a widescreen monitor? I've noticed that with 8.0.2 FM now uses the full width of my monitor in windowed mode. It didn't do this with 8.0.0 or 8.0.1.

Wonder if SI have changed this?

Amateur

Hi, is there a download link for mac wsm boxed (direct, not torrent)?

Amateur

For some reason, this patch won't let me create a new game.. it keep getting stuck on loading game database and the only change I have done to that is the Defoe thing..

it's a legit copy too.

Amateur

Nevermind, It's working after like 10 attempt to get it to work.

Amateur

Fantastic, may as well delete all my old saved games and start a fresh on the new patch! Let's hope that Cov have got some dosh to spend this time around as irl we've got the new owners.

Amateur

Hi SI,

Regards
    Totally agree

Amateur

hi, tried to download the official torrent file for mac. After opening up the file after clicking on the hyperlink, it asks for me to choose an application for it as it does not have a default. Tried going into updates on my data file but no luck. Any help guys? thanks

Part-Timer

Originally posted by Dixxy:
    hi, tried to download the official torrent file for mac. After opening up the file after clicking on the hyperlink, it asks for me to choose an application for it as it does not have a default. Tried going into updates on my data file but no luck. Any help guys? thanks
    You'll need a torrent client like BitTorrent.

Amateur

if i get this new patch , i wont have to start a new game will i or will i be able to carry on with my current game but with this new patch

Amateur

can someone give me the link for the patch 8.0.2 please

Amateur

Read the first post tom.

First Team Squad Member

There are links all through this thread tom for crying out loud. Are you really that lazy or simple to scroll up the page a bit?

Banned

Mirrors for 8.02 patch
    Download manager supported. No registration required. Use only a maximum of 2 concurrent connections please. Hope this helps!

Worldwide Soccer Manager - PC (boxed)
    http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.c...2_boxed-pc.exe

Any other mirrors requested?

Youth Team

There's been a few posts in General Discussion indicating that they don't have a clue on how to install the patch, even with the instructions given. Some have limited knowledge of computers, nver mind the difference between a mirror and a torrent.

Might I suggest in the future an 'Installing the Patch for Computer Novices' thread including step by step screenshots of every basic step.

Amateur

Great work team, some excellent fixe's, Great great work.

Amateur

Thanks a lot SI

IS it still possible to carry on with a saved game once this patch is downloaded ?

Please answer quickly cos i want to get it patched up

Amateur

it doesnt matter now cause im already downloading it

Part-Timer
    Float like a butterfly, sting like a butterfly

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:
    Michael Osmann - please don't slander/libel people on our forums. It is neither big, nor clever.
    Is calling someone a tw@t libellous? Definitely not sure about that.

Part-Timer

Originally posted by iceshake:
    Mirrors for 8.02 patch
    Download manager supported. No registration required. Use only a maximum of 2 concurrent connections please. Hope this helps!

Any other mirrors requested?
    WSM Mac Boxed please.

Amateur

ive got a problem with the new patch... ive downloaded it and when i click open it says windows cannot open this file and it has two boxes that say . open this file manually or get the internet to look at the file or something ... what shall i do about it

Banned

Mirrors for 8.02 patch
    Download manager supported. Please max 2 concurrent connections. Hope this helps!

Futbol Manager PC (Digital Download)

Futbol Manager Mac (Digital Download)
    http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.c...igital-mac.dmg

Worldwide Soccer Manager Mac (Digital Download)
    http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.c...igital-mac.dmg

Amateur

i updated the patch!! thx~
    but i cant start coz no CD~
    anyone got crack for 8.0.2??

can i use back the 8.0.1?

Third Team

Bye bye loVeSalnT

First Team Squad Member

Originally posted by loVeSalnT:

Hahahahahahahahha, you are one hell of a stupid man! Goodbye.

Amateur

Reserves

Is someone going to ban this fool or not? This is the second thread he's asked for an illegal crack in. He even started the first thread himself!

Amateur

Thanks SI, finally the much anticipated 802 patch has arrived!

Just wanna ask a question.. does the compressed file (87.45mb) also include the latest transfer data from the January 2008 transfer window? Thanks.

Amateur

Originally posted by real_pervert:
    Thanks SI, finally the much anticipated 802 patch has arrived!

Just wanna ask a question.. does the compressed file (87.45mb) also include the latest transfer data from the January 2008 transfer window? Thanks.
    yeah it does, its just been compressed. gonna need winrar to extract

Amateur

Much appreciated, thankyou

Amateur

how do i change the font colour because im using the black_in2 skin and looked great but now iv downloaded this patch its changed all the font colours and it doesnt look right anymore.... and its change the font colour of all my skins how do i change them back to what they were???? please help

Amateur

Originally posted by wilshaw54:
    how do i change the font colour because im using the black_in2 skin and looked great but now iv downloaded this patch its changed all the font colours and it doesnt look right anymore.... and its change the font colour of all my skins how do i change them back to what they were???? please help
    have you tried downloading that skin again . it might work but not sure to be honest

Part-Timer

Has anybody successfully downloaded the WSM Mac Boxed patch? I can't and I notice it is the lone patch without a mirrored site.

Can somebody from SI please check on it.

Part-timer

downloaded the patch (802) changed the defoe problem on the database then saved it . when i got back to my games folder (vista) fm08 had gone.

did a search for it and no joy. tried this about 5 times now still get the same thing. ive lost my previous save game as well.

is this a vista, patch or me problem

Amateur

Going to leave the tottenham bug in just to see them died.

1-0 to the gunners

Banned

Can't believe someone would be that stupid!

Amateur

Originally posted by Beevster:
    Going to leave the tottenham bug in just to see them died.

1-0 to the gunners
    spurs get money it helps them.

Part-timer

Originally posted by faltering fullback:
    downloaded the patch (802) changed the defoe problem on the database then saved it . when i got back to my games folder (vista) fm08 had gone.

did a search for it and no joy. tried this about 5 times now still get the same thing. ive lost my previous save game as well.

is this a vista, patch or me problem

not to worry...... like you did!

it was a patch problem.

seems to be working fine.

on a side note, when i read the fix list i didnt realise there was so much wrong with the game.

Amateur

Can someone confirm whether Will Hoskins is at loan at Nottm Forest in the latest patch? The deal was completed after the transfer window so might not be in the update.

I think the transfer was too late for the data updates as well.

• Closed Thread
    Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast