Match day HYPE!!!

Hey all hows everyone doing?

I was just at working doing nothing per usual:) and pondering about FM as I do often while being bored to death at work. I was thinking. FM is definately fun. BUT can we

make it more 'fun'? Then I thought to myself: 'Matchday Hype'. By this I mean how on match day it feels like any other day of the week during FM. There is no big

anticipation built up by the game. Nor is there anything exciting happening on screen during the match day. Even on PES you get a entrance scene during big derbies and such.

I feel the Press Conferences were added to add to this effect.

So... I know I am not adding much to the argument here, but I'll leave that to you guys to do!!!

SO...

Does the game lack gameday hype?

Is it fine the way it is?

Should it be improved?

How can it be improved?

Would this improve your gameday experience personally?

I'll try kicking things off (kinda)... At the moment we only get the game odds ect and if your scouting the other team some small scouting notes.

HOWEVER maybe the game could calculate earlier in anticipation to the game. Maybe something like:

"Liverpool should be able to win this game easily against West Ham and a good result here would mean they carry their momentum into next week's game at Old Trafford which

could be the game that decides who'll win the title and who'll end up finishing another season in dissaapointment."

God, that was a poor effort... Then match graphics that make it look all nice... (Like that guy's... I'll try finding link to the post and put it up next time!)

Cheers,

ReeNah

P.S if mods think this is garbage post, feel free to close it!!!

Hey all hows everyone doing?

I was just at working doing nothing per usual:) and pondering about FM as I do often while being bored to death at work. I was thinking. FM is definately fun. BUT can we

make it more 'fun'? Then I thought to myself: 'Matchday Hype'. By this I mean how on match day it feels like any other day of the week during FM. There is no big

anticipation built up by the game. Nor is there anything exciting happening on screen during the match day. Even on PES you get a entrance scene during big derbies and such.

I feel the Press Conferences were added to add to this effect.

So... I know I am not adding much to the argument here, but I'll leave that to you guys to do!!!

SO...

Does the game lack gameday hype?

Is it fine the way it is?

Should it be improved?

How can it be improved?

Would this improve your gameday experience personally?

I'll try kicking things off (kinda)... At the moment we only get the game odds ect and if your scouting the other team some small scouting notes.

HOWEVER maybe the game could calculate earlier in anticipation to the game. Maybe something like:

"Liverpool should be able to win this game easily against West Ham and a good result here would mean they carry their momentum into next week's game at Old Trafford which

could be the game that decides who'll win the title and who'll end up finishing another season in dissaapointment."

God, that was a poor effort... Then match graphics that make it look all nice... (Like that guy's... I'll try finding link to the post and put it up next time!)

Cheers,

ReeNah

P.S if mods think this is garbage post, feel free to close it!!!

Hello mate,

I 100% agree with you when you say that there is not enough hype on matchdays. I believe that is down to how small they make the match day screens. By that I mean, all the graphics (badges etc) are tiny.

How about we make a pop-up with 'large' badges so that the fixture jumps out at you? Why not have larger graphics and more pre-match build up? Why can't my forward express his dislike for the opposition? Why not use Stan Petrov's mock-ups so that the match-day screens really hit you in the face?

All of these small things could make match-days seem like they are in real life; special. Each match-day in the real world of Football is anticipated greatly by every football fan across the country but in Football Manager you don't get any feel for the game.

I thought with the new 3D graphics we could have various things to build up hype.

Like we could have 22 players walk onto the pitch and begin warming up (on 2D, there would be 22 blobs walking around) with balls flying everywhere... Perhaps a silly Ronaldo trick or two... Perhaps watching Dean Ashton warm up before a green cross appears indicating he's broken his hair follicle and needs to be replaced... The referees walking around inspecting stuff while the lineups flash on the screen... The camera pans on Craig Bellamy who is West Ham's in-form player with 22 goals in 4 games... The camera then pans on Wayne Rooney who has 4 red cards in 8 games, citing him as a danger man... In the MLS, there would be a bunch of cheerleaders on the touchlines bobbing up and down...

Pre-match, you'd get fans' opinions on the match and perhaps a bar indicating how "important" the match is to them. So say a 1 is a dead rubber match in a pre-season tournament, while 18 is the Champions League Final, while 20 is the Champions League Final against your hated rivals. There'd be plenty of tabloids and media throwing out occasionally sensible but mostly stupid stories which could affect your players ("Bellamy not good enough for England: Capello"), plenty of fan and manager banter in the days leading up to it.

Before a tournament starts (say, the 2024 European Championships held in Italy), you'd get plenty of analysis about Italy itself, its footballing culture, the stadia used, the teams involved, managers, key players, dodgy callups, dark horses... The same could go for the likes of the Champions League Final, where it's held and stuff...

A bit like getting a ton of newspapers and FourFourTwo delivered to your inbox with all stories devoted to your next matches, allowing you to browse through them and perhaps impress the fans, or to repair a damaged reputation with them because you've tried to turn Robert Green into a striker.

Hello mate,

I 100% agree with you when you say that there is not enough hype on matchdays. I believe that is down to how small they make the match day screens. By that I mean, all the graphics (badges etc) are tiny.

How about we make a pop-up with 'large' badges so that the fixture jumps out at you? Why not have larger graphics and more pre-match build up? Why can't my forward express his dislike for the opposition? Why not use Stan Petrov's mock-ups so that the match-day screens really hit you in the face?

All of these small things could make match-days seem like they are in real life; special. Each match-day in the real world of Football is anticipated greatly by every football fan across the country but in Football Manager you don't get any feel for the game.

Got a link to those?

I thought with the new 3D graphics we could have various things to build up hype.

Like we could have 22 players walk onto the pitch and begin warming up (on 2D, there would be 22 blobs walking around) with balls flying everywhere... Perhaps a silly Ronaldo trick or two... Perhaps watching Dean Ashton warm up before a green cross appears indicating he's broken his hair follicle and needs to be replaced... The referees walking around inspecting stuff while the lineups flash on the screen... The camera pans on Craig Bellamy who is West Ham's in-form player with 22 goals in 4 games... The camera then pans on Wayne Rooney who has 4 red cards in 8 games, citing him as a danger man... In the MLS, there would be a bunch of cheerleaders on the touchlines bobbing up and down...

I really hope all of this is meant sarcasticly, I'd never buy the game again if any of this superfluous nonsense got into it.:(

Pre-match, you'd get fans' opinions on the match and perhaps a bar indicating how "important" the match is to them. So say a 1 is a dead rubber match in a pre-season tournament, while 18 is the Champions League Final, while 20 is the Champions League Final against your hated rivals.

Before a tournament starts (say, the 2024 European Championships held in Italy), you'd get plenty of analysis about Italy itself, its footballing culture, the stadia used, the teams involved, managers, key players, dodgy callups, dark horses... The same could go for the likes of the Champions League Final, where it's held and stuff...

A bit like getting a ton of newspapers and FourFourTwo delivered to your inbox with all stories devoted to your next matches, allowing you to browse through them and perhaps impress the fans, or to repair a damaged reputation with them because you've tried to turn Robert Green into a striker.

This I'd say has some merit, It'd hopefully stop my fans at Milan going off on one just because I lost a pre-season friendly to Juventus, playing my second string 11. :thup:

I really hope all of this is meant sarcasticly, I'd never buy the game again if any of this superfluous nonsense got into it.:(

Not all of it is sarcastic. Instead of the formations being shown, for example, we could have it overlaid over the players warming up - at the same time, you get last-minute pointers when the camera pans over things. You could also have boxes indicating interesting facts ("Cristiano Ronaldo makes his 600th appearance for Manchester United today") on the screen. It's the pre-match build-up, if you like - skipable, of course, if that's not your fancy. But I think you might be interested to watch the whole thing if, say, it's the World Cup Final and you're not involved in the match. Bit like watching TV.

Not all of it is sarcastic. Instead of the formations being shown, for example, we could have it overlaid over the players warming up - at the same time, you get last-minute pointers when the camera pans over things. You could also have boxes indicating interesting facts ("Cristiano Ronaldo makes his 600th appearance for Manchester United today") on the screen. It's the pre-match build-up, if you like - skipable, of course, if that's not your fancy. But I think you might be interested to watch the whole thing if, say, it's the World Cup Final and you're not involved in the match. Bit like watching TV.

The word skipable in your last post makes a big diffirence in how I'd view this type of thing being part of the game. If it was included as an optional extra I wouldn't mind it, as long as it was somthing you could turn off in preferences.:thup:

Also, does the computer know if your putting on your best team or your second string team? Like you know for example

if I lose 1-0 to West Brom, but I have my Arsenal juniors on for a carling cup match, would the match confidence

be any different if I had my best team on but exactly same match circumstance?

Cheers,

Rina

Also, does the computer know if your putting on your best team or your second string team? Like you know for example

if I lose 1-0 to West Brom, but I have my Arsenal juniors on for a carling cup match, would the match confidence

be any different if I had my best team on but exactly same match circumstance?

Cheers,

Rina

I recently played Juventus (managing their bitter rivals Milan) in a pre-season friendly, lost 3-0 and the fans were furious. I'm over a month into the season and it still says they're very disappointed with the defeat. It seems to really matter to the fans but I don't think it can cause you too much trouble as long as you fulfill your board's expectations in the competitions.

Archived