+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 92 of 92

Thread: April Fool...

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    326

    Default April Fool...

    I have no screenshots - apologies!

    However, I am Plymouth Argyle in the Premiership (2011) and I had a message saying my board were giving me £500m to buy new players and build a new stadium - great I thought, better run up to the 24hour Spar to get some munch and stay on FM all night.

    Did I accept the offer? Of course I did - then it said 'April Fool - you didn't think we'd make it that easy for you, did you?' Classic!

    I have seen this posted before, and it is April 1 on my game, just thought it was a cool coincidence that it is actually April Fools day today as well - double whammy!!

    Now I'm off to the shops anyway!!

  2. #2
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,908

    Default Re: April Fool...

    It was in last year's game too mate.

  3. #3
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,470

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Not this again, we had a huge amount of threads about this last year.

    It only does it in game if its April 1st on the date on your computer.

  4. #4
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    11th February 2007
    Location
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.
    Posts
    5,237

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I have screenshots : first this followed by this.

    Hopefully we can keep it all to one thread this year.

  5. #5
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd June 2007
    Location
    An island of reality in an ocean of diarrhea
    Posts
    3,582

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Whats the quickets way to get to April the 1st on the game then?

  6. #6
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,470

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    Hopefully we can keep it all to one thread this year.
    Couldn't agree more, but somehow I doubt it.

  7. #7
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,908

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by GashGuff17 View Post
    Whats the quickets way to get to April the 1st on the game then?
    Holiday or start with a stucture which has a start date of March.

  8. #8
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    7th September 2007
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    1,423

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Just holiday or whatever to it and set your computer clock to 1st April and you can see it anytime.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    14th July 2008
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: April Fool...

    No chance of just one thread, I'm guessing 5-10 identical threads. Some of which from people feeling really cheated that they were promised so much money.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th January 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default Unexpected windfall t_t

    Anyone ever got this msg

    In an incredible display of generosity, the tottenham board have decided to award a sum of 500,000,000 pounds to spend on players and a new stadium.

    PLease confirm your acceptance of this unexpected bonus.


    when i accept, there is a caption APRIL FOOL with a reply " you didnt think we'll make things that easy for you, did you?" came out


    T_T. then i checked the date on the game, 1 apr 09. Today's date 1 Apr 09. Coincidence? T_T

    Last edited by hamsup_sotong; 01-04-2009 at 07:15.

  11. #11
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=115689

    You aren't the 1st to post this today and you probably won't be the last

  12. #12
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    24th November 2005
    Location
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?
    Posts
    3,790

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    I have screenshots : first this followed by this.

    Hopefully we can keep it all to one thread this year.
    Love the Real London club badge! LOL.

    Does this April fool thing really add anything to the game though?

    Would have probably pi55ed me off if it had caught me out.

    I have a sense of humour but FM is enough of a challenge already isnt it?, without stupid misleading news reports.

  13. #13
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th January 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=115689

    You aren't the 1st to post this today and you probably won't be the last
    ahhh lol havnt read any threads yet.Cheers

  14. #14
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    12th July 2008
    Location
    Umedalens IF 1935 - Swedish 2nd Div North
    Posts
    1,196

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    I think they should exclude this from future versions so that we don't get these threads every year...
    Just a thought, is all.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    I think they should exclude this from future versions so that we don't get these threads every year...
    Just a thought, is all.
    I hope this is a an April Fools because it is one of the worst comments I have ever read on here

  16. #16
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    Quote Originally Posted by jasewood View Post
    I hope this is a an April Fools because it is one of the worst comments I have ever read on here
    I hope that is an April Fool, Management's comment is nowhere near the worst that has been posted on here

  17. #17

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    I hope that is an April Fool, Management's comment is nowhere near the worst that has been posted on here
    In terms of making me cringe it is, Pathetic and childish comment.

  18. #18
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    Quote Originally Posted by jasewood View Post
    In terms of making me cringe it is, Pathetic and childish comment.
    Jeez, you must be very easily offended or disgusted if an innocuous comment like that makes you cringe that much

  19. #19

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    Jeez, you must be very easily offended or disgusted if an innocuous comment like that makes you cringe that much
    Not particularly, no.

    I just find it weird that people spend time and effort to moan about people duplicating threads when if they just ignored them they would slowly float to the bottom.

    Look pal, Your sadly never going to change my mind on how annoying I find this so fire away with your next comment but the above describes my feelings clearly......It's not a big deal.

  20. #20
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    6th January 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,603

    Default Re: Didn't know FM so humorous... April Fools' Day Joke haha

    Yet another thread as expected today. Already been posted 4-5 times and has been in the game for years

  21. #21
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: Unexpected windfall t_t

    Quote Originally Posted by jasewood View Post
    Not particularly, no.

    I just find it weird that people spend time and effort to moan about people duplicating threads when if they just ignored them they would slowly float to the bottom.

    Look pal, Your sadly never going to change my mind on how annoying I find this so fire away with your next comment but the above describes my feelings clearly......It's not a big deal.
    Why did you mention people moaning about duplicate threads? That has nothing to do with Management's post, which is what you took exception to

    Plus I wasn't trying to change your mind, dunno where you got that from. I was just confused as to why you thought his comment was that bad, seemed pretty tame IMO

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th October 2003
    Location
    Oh my lads you should have seen us coming fastest team in the league you should have seen us coming.
    Posts
    19

    Talking Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    Love the Real London club badge! LOL.

    Does this April fool thing really add anything to the game though?

    Would have probably pi55ed me off if it had caught me out.

    I have a sense of humour but FM is enough of a challenge already isnt it?, without stupid misleading news reports.
    C'mon, have a sense of humour, I thought it was funny

  23. #23
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    Love the Real London club badge! LOL.

    Does this April fool thing really add anything to the game though?

    Would have probably pi55ed me off if it had caught me out.

    I have a sense of humour but FM is enough of a challenge already isnt it?, without stupid misleading news reports.
    surely thats an April fool too as you could not possibly be serious?!

    jeez

  24. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    20th November 2004
    Location
    Crawley Town Researcher (don't judge)
    Posts
    10,151

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Yup, this was in FM08 as well, quite amusing tbf. Any duplicate threads will be merged with this one fwiw.

  25. #25
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th February 2007
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: April Fool...

    It just a bit of fun, maybe more should be added
    25/12 - Go enjoy Christmas
    Pancake Day - Go Eat pancakes (Can't remember date?)
    1/1 - Happy new year
    17/9 - Send DB1 presents

  26. #26
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    Pancake Day - Go Eat pancakes (Can't remember date?)
    Frankly, I would be quite impressed if you could seeing as it is a different date each year

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th August 2008
    Location
    Preston, England
    Posts
    218

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quick question, everyones screenshots seem to say 1st April on their GAME, does it have to be both April 1st in the game aswell as in real life?

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    29th November 2007
    Location
    psn: golfpunk666
    Posts
    11,956

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Yes it has to be April 1st on your computer clock and April 1st on the game for this to happen!

  29. #29
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: April Fool...



    thanks!!!!!!!!

  30. #30
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th August 2007
    Posts
    8,480

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Surely SI could have thought of a new one, shame on them I say.

  31. #31
    Reserves
    Join Date
    28th June 2007
    Posts
    11,062

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I didn't get this message .

  32. #32
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    24th November 2005
    Location
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?
    Posts
    3,790

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    surely thats an April fool too as you could not possibly be serious?!

    jeez
    .....but surely this is an April fool !, Goddam! LOL. Actually I wonder how many if any are not in this thread, it has turned into the worst thread in the world containing many of the worst Posts in the world - and some were mine!, and thats no joke!

    Still believe that any time spent programming a lame joke into the game may have been better spend elsewhere in the games development, though, thats all.

  33. #33
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd October 2003
    Location
    Feels the Forum has been treated unfairly Feels SI has made the wrong decision in changing the forum
    Posts
    3,824

    Default Re: April Fool...

    SI - you could've at least changed the April Fool to something different from FM08

    e.g. Due to your impressive training ground performances, the club would like to offer you a pay-rise and the chance to become Player manager.

    Or something similar!?!?

    Any other suggestions along these lines?

  34. #34
    Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,593

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Don't forget that for every news item like this, not only does it have to be written and coded into the game, but it has to be translated too.

    Hence why writing a new item for this for every year's game isn't really a priority.

  35. #35
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    24th November 2005
    Location
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?
    Posts
    3,790

    Talking Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by skorp View Post
    Don't forget that for every news item like this, not only does it have to be written and coded into the game, but it has to be translated too.

    Hence why writing a new item for this for every year's game isn't really a priority.
    ....see my previous Post!

  36. #36
    Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,593

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    ....see my previous Post!
    Exactly! It can be justified once, but not each year.

  37. #37

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I clicked accept on the offer of course!!

    But i am man city and my chairman is giving me money every week so didnt surprise me i might of got 500m but i good april fools!!

  38. #38
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd October 2003
    Location
    Feels the Forum has been treated unfairly Feels SI has made the wrong decision in changing the forum
    Posts
    3,824

    Default Re: April Fool...

    what happens if you decline the offer?

  39. #39
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th February 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    507

    Default Re: April Fool...

    i got this about 10 mins ago i found it hilarious and a coincidence lol it happened 2nd season on my Man City save i was jumping around and thinking of all the big names i could buy when i clicked accept i was like what the hell that sucks.

  40. #40
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    Mr Toad! I can't...
    Posts
    1,396

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by markypoos77 View Post
    what happens if you decline the offer?
    You can't, it only provides you with an 'accept' button.

  41. #41
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,470

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by lpool14 View Post
    i was jumping around and thinking of all the big names i could buy when i clicked accept i was like what the hell that sucks.
    Couldn't help but have a little chuckle.

  42. #42
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th May 2005
    Location
    Burton on Trent, but a Shrewsbury fan since I was born there etc.
    Posts
    806

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Fair play, didn't see this before and SI you got me - especially as I'm waiting for a new stadium! Gits.

  43. #43
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st November 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: April Fool...

    1-0 to si then, it got me good and proper

  44. #44
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th October 2006
    Posts
    141

    Default Re: April Fool...

    just happened to me with Arsenal - I bought it as well, even the girlfriend finds it funny

  45. #45
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,443

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I got caught too, new it was coming but somehow still fell for it.

  46. #46
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,214

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I am 15 days away on my so, it will happen tonight

    Quite looking forward to it!

    My brother doesn't know about it and I am pushing him to play the two days which he needs to get to April 1st on his game.

  47. #47
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th February 2009
    Location
    High Wycombe/Leicester
    Posts
    7,310

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I'm on the 31st March @ 21:30

    It shall come in a moment

    Never had the message before either

  48. #48
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,537

    Default Re: April Fool...

    What happens if you press continue without accepting the April Fool?

  49. #49
    Reserves
    Join Date
    10th March 2008
    Location
    'They say the Germans don't lose on penalties' ... 'They do now'
    Posts
    13,819

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Nothing will happen

  50. #50
    Reserves
    Join Date
    10th March 2008
    Location
    'They say the Germans don't lose on penalties' ... 'They do now'
    Posts
    13,819

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Happened to me on my BATE Borisov save, the message made me realise that it was April Fool's. Accepted it although i knew what was gona pop up

  51. #51
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th June 2008
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: April Fool...

    LOL happened with me right now, I have screens but they are in Portuguese .. LOL I was like WTF ^^ you got me SI good one

  52. #52
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010
    Posts
    22,222

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I prefer the birthday one.

  53. #53
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th June 2008
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: April Fool...

    never saw that one. what does it say?

  54. #54
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    11th February 2007
    Location
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.
    Posts
    5,237

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    I prefer the birthday one.
    I was wondering if this is still in there, I should've got one as well as the April Fools one but didn't. Do you think the April Fools message had anything to do with it forgetting my birthday?

  55. #55
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    I was wondering if this is still in there, I should've got one as well as the April Fools one but didn't. Do you think the April Fools message had anything to do with it forgetting my birthday?
    I would imagine so, yes. I got one on my birthday iirc. Did you get both messages in FM08?

  56. #56
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    11th February 2007
    Location
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.
    Posts
    5,237

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    Did you get both messages in FM08?
    No it ruined my day last year as well

  57. #57
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    No it ruined my day last year as well
    Ah, you must only be able to get one message on the one day. Guess you were being a bit greedy

  58. #58
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th May 2008
    Location
    Birkdale
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: April Fool...

    If they can put in an April Fool joke, why can't they do it for birthdays, Christmas etc.

    I would love to be playing FM and it comes up "Happy Birthday <insert name here>"

  59. #59
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomguy View Post
    If they can put in an April Fool joke, why can't they do it for birthdays, Christmas etc.

    I would love to be playing FM and it comes up "Happy Birthday <insert name here>"
    They do have one for birthdays and Christmas.

  60. #60
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th May 2008
    Location
    Birkdale
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    They do have one for birthdays and Christmas.
    Not to my recollection. I had my birthday on FM and IRL coincide. Nothing happened.
    Would you be trying to fool me by chance?

  61. #61
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomguy View Post
    Not to my recollection. I had my birthday on FM and IRL coincide. Nothing happened.
    Would you be trying to fool me by chance?
    It was definately there on FM08, not so sure on 09. I would never be so cruel to play April fools

  62. #62
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    24th November 2005
    Location
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?
    Posts
    3,790

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomguy View Post
    If they can put in an April Fool joke, why can't they do it for birthdays, Christmas etc.

    I would love to be playing FM and it comes up "Happy Birthday <insert name here>"
    Why stop there. Yom Kippur? Seriously though, is this thread still open!

    PS Actually the Birthday idea I do like. Also club Centenary / Bicentenial celebs - but have not been in a situation to know whether that happens. SI...?

  63. #63

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    Why did you mention people moaning about duplicate threads? That has nothing to do with Management's post.
    See below....

    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    so that we don't get these threads every year...

    That enough for you? I just think it was a pretty pointless post that didn't have to be made.

  64. #64
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by jasewood View Post
    See below....


    That enough for you? I just think it was a pretty pointless post that didn't have to be made.
    Why bring this up again after 24 hours? That is much more pointless that the post you are complaining about IMO

  65. #65
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    12th July 2008
    Location
    Umedalens IF 1935 - Swedish 2nd Div North
    Posts
    1,196

    Default Re: April Fool...

    My bad...I take it back...Please no more fighting...

    The only reason I said it was because there was another thread of the same topic right below it which had atleast 5 comments to it,
    I just didn't think there was need for more than one...
    It's good that they have now merged them together now as one, but we may just have to go through it all again next year.
    I come on here and go through all the threads that I haven't read just to see what's up...
    Obviously by my post count, I don't reply to all of them, most of what I type out I don't even submit, so that this doesn't happen
    Unfortunately that didn't happen in this thread, So I Apologise.

  66. #66
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    24th November 2005
    Location
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?
    Posts
    3,790

    Talking Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    My bad...I take it back...Please no more fighting...

    The only reason I said it was because there was another thread of the same topic right below it which had atleast 5 comments to it,
    I just didn't think there was need for more than one...
    It's good that they have now merged them together now as one, but we may just have to go through it all again next year.
    I come on here and go through all the threads that I haven't read just to see what's up...
    Obviously by my post count, I don't reply to all of them, most of what I type out I don't even submit, so that this doesn't happen
    Unfortunately that didn't happen in this thread, So I Apologise.
    Maybe the duplicated thread was an April Fool joke by its very nature - damn intricate and complicated things these April Fool jokes.!

  67. #67
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,443

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    It was definately there on FM08, not so sure on 09. I would never be so cruel to play April fools
    Its lies, he is a massive April Fooler

  68. #68
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    Its lies, he is a massive April Fooler
    I hope April Fooler is a euphemism, cuz he is definitely a massive...

    I'll let everyone finish that one off for themselves

  69. #69
    First Team
    Join Date
    12th January 2006
    Location
    We Never do anything together anymore.
    Posts
    23,160

    Default Re: April Fool...

    don't start this again

    Hands Up : Who remembers why I got my only ever warning on the old forums ?

  70. #70
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    don't start this again

    Hands Up : Who remembers why I got my only ever warning on the old forums ?
    I hope it wasn't for saying that Alan was a massive (fill in the blank) otherwise I am screwed

    Guessing it had something to do with the April Fool, did you get really angry when they didn't give you 500mil Nep?

  71. #71
    First Team
    Join Date
    12th January 2006
    Location
    We Never do anything together anymore.
    Posts
    23,160

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Not quite - After happily replying to endless threads, and pointing / linking / discussing the fact with new threads that there were already threads about it open, I lost my temper . The dude who opened a new thread, opened it despite there being 3 of the same threads in the top 5

    I had a little pop - Wasn't too bad, just capped letters and a "sort of" swearword. Dark times.

  72. #72
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    Not quite - After happily replying to endless threads, and pointing / linking / discussing the fact with new threads that there were already threads about it open, I lost my temper. The dude who opened a new thread, opened it despite there being 3 of the same threads in the top 5

    I had a little pop - Wasn't too bad, just capped letters and a "sort of" swearword. Dark times.
    Ah, duplicate thread rage. Seen many a case recently and, unfortunately, been subject to a little of it myself, especially during the "whens da nu patch?" frenzy. From your description though, looks like you went a little further than most

  73. #73
    First Team
    Join Date
    12th January 2006
    Location
    We Never do anything together anymore.
    Posts
    23,160

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I can handle it mostly. I just make a joke, or a bit sarcastic remark with a link to 10+ threads of the same thing. Or just do something like "Yeah, when is the patch coming" etc. But this day was a bad day.

  74. #74
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I know what that's like, usually I am fairly calm but I do have the odd day where people making dupe threads or just being plain ignorant makes me snap. Pretty sure I have been close to infraction several times but I seem to have got away with it, just gotta learn when to bite my tongue

  75. #75
    First Team
    Join Date
    12th January 2006
    Location
    We Never do anything together anymore.
    Posts
    23,160

    Default Re: April Fool...

    WTF is Pete Rolled

  76. #76
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    WTF is Pete Rolled
    Frightening, plain frightening. Look it up on youtube, should be the top vid you see, our very own peter-evo making a noise that seems innocuous at first but after hearing it loop like it does, it has haunted my dreams for weeks

  77. #77
    First Team
    Join Date
    12th January 2006
    Location
    We Never do anything together anymore.
    Posts
    23,160

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Lmao. Thats silly. Is it actually Peter-Evo?

  78. #78
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st October 2007
    Location
    Ireland footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    6,473

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    Its lies, he is a massive April Fooler
    I have no idea what you're talking about tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    Hands Up : Who remembers why I got my only ever warning on the old forums ?
    I remember, good times

  79. #79
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    Lmao. Thats silly. Is it actually Peter-Evo?
    My sources indicate that it is indeed

  80. #80
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,443

    Default Re: April Fool...

    For god sake, it was only a matter of time to be honest.

  81. #81
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    For god sake, it was only a matter of time to be honest.
    TBF Peter, IIRC you are the one who put a reference to Pete Rolling in your location first, I just forgot to change mine

  82. #82
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,443

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    TBF Peter, IIRC you are the one who put a reference to Pete Rolling in your location first, I just forgot to change mine
    No, it was definitely you!

  83. #83
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    No, it was definitely you!
    Really? I was sure that you made mention of it first My memory's not what it was dear boy

  84. #84
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,443

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    Really? I was sure that you made mention of it first My memory's not what it was dear boy
    I think Alan PM'd the link to you and then it quickly entered your location.

  85. #85
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    I think Alan PM'd the link to you and then it quickly entered your location.
    Well, yeah, I'm not gonna ignore something that embarrassing Still think I seen something in your location about it before mine, but then again it could just be me being thick again

  86. #86
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,443

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    Well, yeah, I'm not gonna ignore something that embarrassing Still think I seen something in your location about it before mine, but then again it could just be me being thick again
    Probably.

    Though the way it has you 'scarred' really makes me proud.

  87. #87
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    Probably.

    Though the way it has you 'scarred' really makes me proud.
    And so it should, it takes a lot to freak me out

  88. #88

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    Why bring this up again after 24 hours? That is much more pointless that the post you are complaining about IMO
    Tax Year End, very busy man, Sadly I can't sit with my finger up my jeer all day and be able to worry about forums.

    Roll on April 10th when it's all over!

  89. #89
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th January 2007
    Location
    Do you see what you get when you mess with the warrior?!
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: April Fool...

    May 4th - Message saying "May The Fourth Be With You" is needed tbh if this is in the game.

    I'll get my coat.

  90. #90
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th December 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14,443

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Wales_Man View Post
    May 4th - Message saying "May The Fourth Be With You" is needed tbh if this is in the game.

    I'll get my coat.
    I laughed, but I don't know why!

  91. #91
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!
    Posts
    14,017

    Default Re: April Fool...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Wales_Man View Post
    May 4th - Message saying "May The Fourth Be With You" is needed tbh if this is in the game.

    I'll get my coat.
    Oh dear

  92. #92
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2007
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: April Fool...

    I got it on April fools too . BTW, it would be good if something happened if you played on Christmas day (on the day), New Year's day (on the day) and Friday 13 (on ther day). SI need new tricks .

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts