+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why has it gone to penalties?

Amateur

Default Why has it gone to penalties?

I'm playing in the Conference League Cup (Setanta Shield) semi final and was drawing 2-2 after 90 mins. However, the opposition scored in e/t and when the final whistle blew it is 3-2 to them, apparently won. However, now I am in a penalty shoot out with them....

Why? I'm meant to be out aren't I?
    Can anyone shed any light on this? I'll keep you posted

Reserves

Default Re: Why has it gone to penalties?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_sacfc View Post
    I'm playing in the Conference League Cup (Setanta Shield) semi final and was drawing 2-2 after 90 mins. However, the opposition scored in e/t and when the final whistle blew it is 3-2 to them, apparently won. However, now I am in a penalty shoot out with them....

Why? I'm meant to be out aren't I?
    Can anyone shed any light on this? I'll keep you posted
    Aggregate? That is all I can think of.

Amateur

Now I can do a team talk after losing, and its frozen

Weird

Amateur

thats what i was thinking. Is this the second leg? hell, does the cup even go to two legs? (I think it does, but can't be certian.)

Reserves

Hm... that is weird. Post up screenies for us and SI

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    Aggregate? That is all I can think of.

but it must have been level to go to extra time so if there was a goal in extra time there couldn't have been penalties...right?

Amateur

ah, good point. I missed the point it seems
    seems like some kind of bug to me

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by desmond7 View Post
    but it must have been level to go to extra time so if there was a goal in extra time there couldn't have been penalties...right?
    Ah yes, now I feel stupid

Well that is definitely weird.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    Ah yes, now I feel stupid

Well that is definitely weird.
    Haha don't worry, i was thinking long and hard before i posted that!

Amateur

that is weird

Amateur

Sorry, game crashed as I was attempting to do screenies. What I was experiencing was this...

Final whistle went, and, as usual with penalties the game flashed to the 'penalty takers' tactics screen. Happily confused, I chose my takers and clicked continue. As their first taker stepped up he froze, running on the spot as happens quite frequently in my games. As it did happen sometimes, I knew I only had to wait for it to come back to life. However, after a good five minutes (it usually takes twenty seconds), the game was still in the same position.

Now the curious thing was that the rest of the screen wasn't frozen - I could bring up widgets, switch from TV to Classic View, heck I could even zip out of the match to browse my next opponents but every time I returned, the situation was unchanged.

I then clicked the tactics icon (red and green arrows next to team name) and was given the team talk screen. Dissappointed but willing to accept justice, I chose my team talk and clicked 'continue'. Now, on the match view all the players were as they are normally after a match, piled up by the tunnel. However, the play/pause button that should say continue just said play/pause, leaving me stuck in the match. There was no post match section, and I, as I said, was stuck. After some more fiddling around, my game froze.

Very very strange...

Amateur

indeed, very very odd

Banned

Sorry, game crashed as I was attempting to do screenies. What I was experiencing was this...

Final whistle went, and, as usual with penalties the game flashed to the 'penalty takers' tactics screen. Happily confused, I chose my takers and clicked continue. As their first taker stepped up he froze, running on the spot as happens quite frequently in my games. As it did happen sometimes, I knew I only had to wait for it to come back to life. However, after a good five minutes (it usually takes twenty seconds), the game was still in the same position.

Now the curious thing was that the rest of the screen wasn't frozen - I could bring up widgets, switch from TV to Classic View, heck I could even zip out of the match to browse my next opponents but every time I returned, the situation was unchanged.

I then clicked the tactics icon (red and green arrows next to team name) and was given the team talk screen. Dissappointed but willing to accept justice, I chose my team talk and clicked 'continue'. Now, on the match view all the players were as they are normally after a match, piled up by the tunnel. However, the play/pause button that should say continue just said play/pause, leaving me stuck in the match. There was no post match section, and I, as I said, was stuck. After some more fiddling around, my game froze.

Very very strange...
    Are you patched up?
    Have you updated your graphics drivers?
    Have you downloaded any custom databases/logo's/facepacks?

Amateur

by the way, i started again from my last save point and lost with a last minute goal

gutted, cheer me up guys

Amateur

Are you patched up?
    Have you updated your graphics drivers?
    Have you downloaded any custom databases/logo's/facepacks?
    Yes, yes and ... no

I have the premier league logos and facepacks, would this make a difference?
    Doesnt matter now, im out :S

Banned

Oh well, glad you got it sorted

Amateur

Not really sorted, i had to restart

Banned

Well has it happened again? Have you checked the known issues thread at the top of the page to see if anyone has had anything similiar?

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

Very very strange...
    Couldn't you have gone on holiday for a day?

+ Reply to Thread