what am i doing?

i got fm handheld today and after being a little disappointed at the lack of features in the game, i am gradually getting to grips with this game. and it is very good. it took me a little while adjusting to the commentary instead of match engine again but now i am very comfortable with it just as i was back in the days of the old cms.

i am very impressed with fm on psp and it is an excellent game however, i am now a few months into my first season (i am top league 1 with bristol city) and i am going well. although i do feel like im not actually doing anything. except pick the players and a set formation then slightly adjust the team instructions from very little choices

it may just be me but i dont feel that i am doing hardly anything on this game and i would like to know what i can actually do on this game.

having said that i am very please with fm and its a high quality of game on psp.

i got fm handheld today and after being a little disappointed at the lack of features in the game, i am gradually getting to grips with this game. and it is very good. it took me a little while adjusting to the commentary instead of match engine again but now i am very comfortable with it just as i was back in the days of the old cms.

i am very impressed with fm on psp and it is an excellent game however, i am now a few months into my first season (i am top league 1 with bristol city) and i am going well. although i do feel like im not actually doing anything. except pick the players and a set formation then slightly adjust the team instructions from very little choices

it may just be me but i dont feel that i am doing hardly anything on this game and i would like to know what i can actually do on this game.

having said that i am very please with fm and its a high quality of game on psp.

Umm Well maybe try monitoring your training changing it etc.

Maybe do a background check on your oppnonets so you feel more like a manager.

Alos pick your squad carefully or be real sad and make your own post match interviewsicon_biggrin.gif

lmao

i actually make my own interviews sometimes lol. just as a kinda review of my teams perfomances.

and yes ive edited training but other than that the game is very basic. still addictive though.

and im top of the league with bristol city 5 points clear although i dont feel happy with it as i dont think ive done anything lol.

The idea behind Football Manager Handheld was to design a game that you could pick up and play. The goal was to be able to have a system whereby you can get through a couple of games in a short period of time, such as say, a bus ride to work or school. We think we've achieved that with our approach, and the rest of it is down to you as the manager. The depth comes from how much you want to explore the game world, look at stats, arrange potential transfers, deal with contracts, tweak tactics, tweak training, etc.

As for doing your own interviews... I think we've all been there before, at least, I know I have and still do from time to time. icon_wink.gif

i was sad enough to spend season 1 tinkering with tactics..that said im a unstoppable beast in season 2 (yeh i basically stole the barcelona ethos of football, plus i bought a load of free south americans and lithuanians) muahaha, personaly i used to get moaned at on the pc version cos i spent so long starting at the stats screens, so ive found plenty of depth in the psps version when i needed to

roejowland: That's not to say we won't be adding more depth in future versions because we were very much getting comfortable with the PSP architecture with the first version. Now that we're comfortable we'll be looking to push even harder and making the game even better based on your feedback.

ok thanks for the response neil.

the match engine is not necessary as like old cms, i have fallen in love with the commentary again and i now realise what got me addicted to these games in the first place.

its good news that the game will be pushed as far as possible in future versions and i do understand that this was just a kinda test to see if fm can work on psp. and it does work very well.

Archived