what season are you on?

• SI Staff

In my current game - season 8 as Brighton (top of the Premiership thanks for asking ... not convinced it'll last though as my squad is a bit small to manage both that and European football icon_wink.gif ).

Just about to start my 2nd season with Forest. Only had the game since 6pm last night, very impressed you can play through an entire season so fast!

Finished 2nd in League One in my 1st season, missing out on top spot on the last day of the season on goal difference angryfire.gif still, promotion was the main aim! Looking forward to consolidating in the Championship this season, then hopefully pushing onwards and upwards from there!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DanielM_90:

just out of interest Marc have you unlocked anything in your 8 seasons?

don't worry you don't have to tell us what if you have </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I have ... (he says mysteriously icon_wink.gif ) ...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfc:

Marc you owe me a big apologyicon_biggrin.gif.

I tried so hard to keep my Arsneal team unbeaten and succeded,to find out its not a unlockableicon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Congratulations on your achievement (if it makes you feel better you've managed something I never have icon_wink.gif ) .... I never said that was one of the unlockables though ...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DanielM_90:

so Marc how many unlockables are there??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not as many as there are Xbox 360 achievements (of which there are absolutely loads) put it that way icon_wink.gif

Again as per usual if someone comes up with a good idea for an unlockable for next seasons version then I'll definitely consider including it (presuming its not one of the ones already included).

If making suggestions bear in mind though that I'll only include things which (1) don't destroy the realism of the game, (2) you can help think up a realistic news message to describe the event to the user in such a way that it 'gels' into the game itself.

Ok marc thanks and i apologise for nagigng you.

Here is one suggestion not biasedicon_biggrin.gif.

Reamin unbeaten domestically throughout the season.

Message "some pundit(insert pundits name) or something once said that Arsenal achivement remaining unbeaten throughout the season would never be matched,well you proved him wrong".

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfc:

Ok marc thanks and i apologise for nagigng you.

Here is one suggestion not biasedicon_biggrin.gif.

Reamin unbeaten domestically throughout the season.

Message "some pundit(insert pundits name) or something once said that Arsenal achivement remaining unbeaten throughout the season would never be matched,well you proved him wrong". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds cool to me - at the moment each feature unlocks a special optional item in the game ... from the sounds of things a few of you would like achievmeents in the same vein as on the 360 (ie. just indicating that somethings been managed and nothing 'unlocked' per-se) ... am I right in this?

In someways yes Marc that would be good butunlocking something would be awesome but the trouble is thinknig of something.

Ill leave you to decided,let me know if you include it in the next version.

Perhaps it could un-lock a challenge? So there could be a saved game on the disc which you could unlock and could be the 1999 season and you have to try and win the treble with whoever *shruggs* just a thought

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s33r:

Perhaps it could un-lock a challenge? So there could be a saved game on the disc which you could unlock and could be the 1999 season and you have to try and win the treble with whoever *shruggs* just a thought </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the 'idea' of that however its something I've looked at numerous times for the PC version and its harder than you'd expect to do 'right' ...

ie. you have to get the research from that season first (meaning unarchiving it from an old game and working out how to convert it into the current format, harder than you'd expect as there are numerous research fields today which simply didn't exist back then) and also implement new league structures, european competitions etc. for that particular season (bearing in mind this would have to be all countries involved - no just England).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s33r:

Perhaps it could un-lock a challenge? So there could be a saved game on the disc which you could unlock and could be the 1999 season and you have to try and win the treble with whoever *shruggs* just a thought </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the 'idea' of that however its something I've looked at numerous times for the PC version and its harder than you'd expect to do 'right' ...

ie. you have to get the research from that season first (meaning unarchiving it from an old game and working out how to convert it into the current format, harder than you'd expect as there are numerous research fields today which simply didn't exist back then) and also implement new league structures, european competitions etc. for that particular season (bearing in mind this would have to be all countries involved - no just England). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But surely since the 'game world' on the PSP version is the one country implimenting it would be easier than on the PC as you say because of the many leagues?

Eh, was just a thought icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But surely since the 'game world' on the PSP version is the one country implimenting it would be easier than on the PC as you say because of the many leagues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really because you could be in one of any of the leagues available so we'd still have to model each ones rules ...

Into January of my 2nd season, having guided Forest to a comfortable 9th place in the Championship, within striking distance of the playoffs, O'Leary got the boot at Villa and I applied for the job. Just been offered it and accepted. They're 10th in the Prem with £14m to spend so thinking a steady end to the season, then push for Europe next season!

Loving the game!

in 3rd season with celtic, just won the super cup thing

1st season, did horrible and basically played out the spl like it was in real life, but replacing celtic with rangers (yes i was 3rd, with hears 2nd)

2nd season, free transfers change squad and tactics, win everything (league, league cup, scotish cup and uefa cup)

eerie...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But surely since the 'game world' on the PSP version is the one country implimenting it would be easier than on the PC as you say because of the many leagues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really because you could be in one of any of the leagues available so we'd still have to model each ones rules ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh now I see your point.. shame really

got it on saturady

Team: nottingham forest

1st seaon poor start last game of season played second team (gillingham) only had to draw to guartee 1st, drawing then they score in the last minute of injury time, finish second

ldv vans trophy final dobie scores in last minute for us then it gets disallowed and they score in second half of extra time

feb season 2, Nottingham forest 9th on 53 points (3 offplay offs)- bating derby though icon_smile.gif

I am doing rather well tbh. Got 9 games left in the league.

I am Huddersfield Town. I have brought in Dan Smith from sunderland, Johannes Djourou from arsenal and Bedi Buval from Bolton all on loan.

I am 5th in league won after 37 games. 5 points of automatic promotion.

I got to the second round of the League cup. Winning against Boston 2-1 away from home. Lost in the second round away at Millwall 4-1.

In the fa cup. I beat Woking 3-2 at home in the first round. Second round I beat Chesterfield 2-0 at home. 3rd round I beat Port Vale 2-0 at home. In the 4th round I beat Cardiff City 4-1 at home. In the 5th round I drew with everton 0-0 away then at home I lost 2-0.

In the LDV I beat Carlisle at home 4-3. 2nd round I beat Tranmere away 2-0. In the Quarter Finals I beat Oldham 2-1 at home. Semis I went through winning on penalties after drawing 0-0 away at Accrington. In the Northern section final first leg I beat Doncaster 2-1 at home. I am just about to play my away leg now. icon_smile.gif

im using the tactic that ntfc uses, a 442 with no arrows and some indivual player instructions which is working good although i conceed loads but thats down to my terrible defence. At the end of the season im definatly going to move to a bigger club.

Archived