Should defenders have a 'Command of Area' attribute?

I was just looking at my DC's stats and was wondering what attribute was the most important in organising the defence when it comes to players stepping up to his level for offsides.

IRL you would have a DC who would be the most vocal player when it comes to telling the other defenders to push up level with his position so nobody was sitting too deep playing an opposing player onside. For example you see Rio Ferdinand screaming at the other defenders to tell them to get level with him. I'm not sure if it would come under influence, positioning, teamwork or what? Should defenders possibly have a 'Command of Area' attribute that shows that they stand out well at organising the defence in situations like this?

Edit :- Or maybe a PPM which would say something like 'Organises the defence well'?

"Command of Area" has nothing to do with organising the defence, i think you meant the "Communication" attribute that GK's have.

Goalkeepers have a Command or Area attribute and a Communication attribute but I see your point. Well maybe I should rephrase my initial question - Should defenders have a communication attribute? Or a PPM like I already suggested?

Isn't there already something that does this?

I'm not sure but I often see team mates of a DC saying 'thinks player x organises the defence well'.

Yeah I know there is this in the player relationships section of a players profile but I just think there should maybe be an attribute or PPM that makes you recognise that a player excels at this so when you are looking to sign a new defender you would be able to tell if he was a good communicator or something!?

Yeah I know there is this in the player relationships section of a players profile but I just think there should maybe be an attribute or PPM that makes you recognise that a player excels at this so when you are looking to sign a new defender you would be able to tell if he was a good communicator or something!?

What I was getting at is that I think there already is this attribute.

I beleive it is Influence.

What I was getting at is that I think there already is this attribute.

I beleive it is Influence.

Yeah I was thinking that was maybe the case, which is why I questioned myself in my OP. It's just that I wasn't sure what attribute was the one that was linked to what I was talking about. :)

I was just looking at my DC's stats and was wondering what attribute was the most important in organising the defence when it comes to players stepping up to his level for offsides.

IRL you would have a DC who would be the most vocal player when it comes to telling the other defenders to push up level with his position so nobody was sitting too deep playing an opposing player onside. For example you see Rio Ferdinand screaming at the other defenders to tell them to get level with him. I'm not sure if it would come under influence, positioning, teamwork or what? Should defenders possibly have a 'Command of Area' attribute that shows that they stand out well at organising the defence in situations like this?

Edit :- Or maybe a PPM which would say something like 'Organises the defence well'?

the penalty area is considred to be the keepers domain. there fore it is he who commands the area and not the defender. so i dont think they nshould.

the penalty area is considred to be the keepers domain. there fore it is he who commands the area and not the defender. so i dont think they nshould.

I think it is vital for defenders to communicate between each other. I painfully know this as a Wednesday fan :D

I think it is vital for defenders to communicate between each other. I painfully know this as a Wednesday fan :D

I think it's covered entirely by influence. After all, the influencial players will automaticaly lead the defence whilst a non-influencial one will not. Maybe teamwork has an impact too.

I look at it ike this: Is it possible to have a non-inflencial player who is great at "commanding the area"? - No, not really.

Therefore the command of area attribute would be superfluous. As opposed to pace\accel, where is possible to have quite large discrepancies between the two

Well thanks for clearing it up guys, I wasn't sure what attribute contributed towards what I was talking about. I was in two minds whether one of the attributes I mentioned influenced the whole issue I was highlighting.

Archived