FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

man-utd-club-badge.gif

Manchester United Football Club is an English football club, based at the Old Trafford stadium in Trafford, Greater Manchester, and is arguably the most popular football club in the world, with over 50 million supporters worldwide; average attendances at the club have been higher than any other team in English football for all but six seasons since 1964-65.

The club is also one of the most successful in English football; for over twenty years, since the 1986-87 season, they have won 18 major honours, which is more than any other Premier League club. They are the Premier League's reigning champions, and have won the Premier League/Football League 16 times. In 1968, they became the first English club to win the European Cup, beating S.L. Benfica 4–1, and they won a second European Cup in 1999. They also hold the record for the most FA Cup titles with 11.

Since the late 1990s, the club has been one of the richest in the world, and until recently had the highest revenue of any football club for several years running. As of 2007, the club has the fourth largest turnover in club football, but remains the most profitable club based on operating income. Manchester United also remains the most valuable club in the world. The club is a founding member of the G-14 group of Europe's leading football clubs.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been manager of the club since 6 November 1986. The captain is Gary Neville, who succeeded Roy Keane in November 2005.

First team squad

1 GK Edwin van der Sar

2 DF Gary Neville (captain)

3 DF Patrice Evra

4 MF Owen Hargreaves

5 DF Rio Ferdinand

6 DF Wes Brown

7 MF Cristiano Ronaldo

8 MF Anderson

9 FW Louis Saha

10 FW Wayne Rooney

11 MF Ryan Giggs (vice-captain)

12 GK Ben Foster

13 MF Park Ji-Sung

15 DF Nemanja Vidić

16 MF Michael Carrick

17 MF Nani

18 MF Paul Scholes

19 DF Gerard Piqué

21 FW Dong Fangzhuo

22 DF John O'Shea

23 DF Jonny Evans

24 MF Darren Fletcher

25 DF Danny Simpson

26 DF Phil Bardsley

27 DF Mikaël Silvestre

28 MF Darron Gibson

29 GK Tomasz Kuszczak

30 MF Lee Martin

32 FW Carlos Tévez

33 MF Chris Eagles

38 GK Tom Heaton

39 FW Fraizer Campbell

40 DF Adam Eckersley

Reserves

Current squad

As of 22 September 2007, according to official site.[1]

23 DF Jonny Evans

25 DF Danny Simpson

28 MF Darron Gibson

35 DF Kieran Lee

36 DF David Gray

38 GK Tom Heaton

39 FW Fraizer Campbell

40 DF Adam Eckersley

41 GK Ron-Robert Zieler

MF Michael Barnes

MF Séan Evans

On loan

Lee Martin (at Plymouth Argyle until 1 Jan 2008)

Craig Cathcart (at Royal Antwerp until 1 Jan 2008)

Ritchie Jones (at Yeovil Town until 31 Dec 2007)

Michael Lea (at Royal Antwerp until 1 Jan 2008)

Ryan Shawcross (at Stoke City until 1 Jan 2008)

Club Information

Stadium: Old Trafford

Stadium Capacity: 76212 all seater with under-soil heating

Pitch dimensions: Length: 107m, Width: 70m

Maximum Pitch dimensions: Length: 117m, Width: 75m

Reserve Stadium: Victoria Stadium, Northwich

Home Kit: Red Shirt

Away Kit: Black Shirt

Founded: 1878

Chairman: Loves the club

Favoured Personnel: Roy Keane, Sir Alex Ferguson, Sir Bobby Charlton, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Bryan Robson, Ryan Giggs, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Gary Neville, Brian Kidd, Paul Scholes, Rudd van Nistelrooy, Brian Mcclair, Teddy Sheringham, David Beckham, Steve Coppell, Nicky Butt, Sammy Mcillroy, Andrew Cole

Fierce Rivals: Liverpool, Man City, Leeds,

Other Rivals: Arsenal, Chelsea, Bolton

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: £158m (Loan debt: £685m)

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: State of the art training facilities + youth academy

Continental Competition: European Champions Cup

Media Prediction: 1st

Squad Average Age: 26

Squad Personality: Very determined

Captain: Gary Neville

Great game posts

If you have just had a sensational win or a great match write little match report on it as it shows more than a screenshot does.

Who should I sign posts

If you want help and advice on a new signing post as much information as possible – this should include at least your transfer budget remaining, wage budget remaining, bank balance, players already in said position, transfer targets and what type of player you want (e.g. a quick, strong striker that is under 24).

Help strengthening team posts

If you want help and advice regarding strengthening your team post your starting line up and formations, substitutes, your feelings on the team, positions you want strengthening, transfer budget, transfer targets and the type of players you want. If you include as much information as possible it is easier for us to help you.

Updates

If you are going to post updates, please keep it to three a season – end of pre-season, end of January transfer window and end of season. This will make the thread easier to use and less clogged up. Also if you try and only use screenshots in these updates otherwise the thread will be littered with screenshots. If you do want to talk about a signing either put it in one of the three updates.

These updates should be along the lines of:

Pre-season update (year)

Transfers In

Transfers Out

Formation

Squad

Expectations for the season

Pre-season odds

Remaining transfer budget

Remaining wage budget

January transfer window update (year)

Transfers In

Transfers Out

Squad

League table

Cup competitions

Revised expectations

Player and Manager Awards

End of season update

End of season league table

Cup competitions

Manger’s thoughts on the season

Transfer targets

(apologies and/or thanks to Crazy Gra for using part of his 07 post for inclusion in this start up.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well having at a whack at the demo I notice the link up play is much better there fore I am quite excited about how i am going to get Ronaldo to perform.

My initial set up will be a 4-3-3 with the following earmarked to start early in the season:

GK: Van der sar

DL: Patrice Evra

DR: Gary Neville/Wes Brown

DC: Rio Ferdinand

DC: Nemanja Vidic

AML: Ryan Giggs/Nani

AMR: Cristiano Ronaldo

MCd: Owen Hargrieves

MCa: Paul Scholes

FC: Wayne Rooney

FC: Carlos Tevez

I think the side is pretty strong though in the first season I might look to find an extra AMC player as a long term replacement for Scholes. I wasn't that impressed with Anderson in the demo though there wil be plenty of time to test him out thoroughly.

My early choice as a possible incoming player is Matias Fernandez who I tried out with Barcelona in the demo. He was sublime to say the least and can be purchased for under 15mil which is a bargin considering he is a wonderkid.

Strikers

Up front might need some depth too with just Tevez and Rooney in my opinion good enough to start. Saha is someone to bring of the bench and in a long season I think Utd need someone else to take the pressure of the Rooney/Tevez pairing.

Early prospects there are possibly Fred at Lyon (though I will check him out more to see whether he is suitable) and Ashley Young (if I decide to combine a midfield and striker sighing into one).

Midfield

The United midfield is strong when you consider the world class flair of Ronaldo and the promise of Nani plus the experienced old heads of Scholes and Giggs.

However Giggs and Scholes are only medium term considerations so thought needs to be given as to their sucessors. nani certainly is one and Anderson remains to be seen. Hargrieves and Carrick should be good for a few years in the holding/playmaker role.

Defence

It may be that Gary Neville needs a long term replacement brought in since Wes isn't probably in most of our minds as a starting right back. Ideally I'd love to buy Micah Richards though the Man City rivallry might well be a stumbling block there.

Central defence is strong and in Pique there is a bright prospect to replace Vidic or Ferdinand in case of injury.

Left back is strong with Evra and while I was considering a Gareth Bale type player to come in as cover it may be that Silvestre is suitable for a season at least.

Goalkeeper

Van der Sar is undisputed number one in this area though I suspect once he ages past 2/3 more seasons there will be a temtation to buy someone big. My initial interests are in Frey who I think would be cheapish considering his talent. The likes of Ustari, Akinfeev and even Craig Gordon are in the frame though.

Originally posted by Evon:

Well it's not going to be great if he doesn't contribute to the thread he has created.

Be more welcoming to people infuture please and not so rude and negative. The thread will get used either way as its the only Man U allowed for 08.

Dayle nice contribution I hope you stick around icon14.gif

Dayle, you said your formation is 4-3-3, but the player list looks for 442...

I've always gone with a 4-1-3-2, but am having a struggle getting the settings right.

I'm looking for a ST and an attacking DR (Rafinha?).

For striker I'm looking for a targetman with skill and pace (had a bid accepted for Jo, but couldn't get work permit...maybe I'll go with Mario Gomez).

Originally posted by DominicForza:

I've always gone with a 4-1-3-2, but am having a struggle getting the settings right.

I'm looking for a ST and an attacking DR (Rafinha?).

For striker I'm looking for a targetman with skill and pace (had a bid accepted for Jo, but couldn't get work permit...maybe I'll go with Mario Gomez).

Go with Asomoah Gyan, 17 dribbling finishing and heading icon14.gif

hey guys, i've just noticed that on the demo, if you go to the board request screen(board room), then Adjust your budget in the bottom left you can increase your transfer funds to 20 odd million and reduce the wage budget down a bit, well worth doing if you want that extra buck for the demo!

Originally posted by DominicForza:

Well the united wingers tend to playin advanced roles - Ronaldo on the game is a natural AMR/AML NOT a ml/mr. So I feel that playing the wingers further up is more suited to him and Nani.

442 isn't the only formation that Man U can play well in.

Nice1 Dayle icon14.gif

imo Anderson is even better and i he cant stop scoring,i play him Amc.

Akinfeev stats well bumped up and he looks like a solid keeper with his stas for reflexes starting at 15 rather than 12 on fm07.

imo also,Wes Brown is brilliant tho i am a sucker for a young brazilian fullback ie,rafinha,ratinho etc lol

Im so excited bout fm2008 with man utd,im going to make the average age even lower,the future looks bright and buying Sergio Aguero first season is a real motivation.with the likes of Diego (santos) and Breno (sao paulo) being two further signings who look amazing.

were going to dominate world football for years haha

Originally posted by adonis:

Great opening post.

Yeah, but I should fine you for plagarism.

Also, "Manager's" at the end of the post is still missing an 'a' from it.

And what was the reason to wait until the full game is out? So the opening post has detail about the good players to sign and who to sell, but it seems we've fcuked that idea off even if Cleon can edit it later.

And I'm not bothered if it was me, someone like Evon or Sheps, or even Mickey Mouse who started the thread, I just wanted it to have that detail at the start.

Not enough detail im afraid, as gra was saying the users of the 07 thread were going to put into the first post a big detailed sort of starter thing. And theres no point posting in the 07 thread saying your going to leave the 08 one to gra and then doing it yourself. I know its no-ones god given right to create the thread and that theres nothing anyone can do about it but still...

Originally posted by crazy gra:

You might think he just started posting in the old thread so he didn't look like such an obsessive about starting threads - especially this one as it was the most popular last season. icon_rolleyes.gif

I started it because Cleon posted in the old thread requesting someone too. I am not after any 'glory'. Thats an absurb suggestion. I couldn't care less whose name is on the top - you can ask Cleon to put someone elses name on there if you are all so anal about it.

You guys don't have a license or god given right to dictate who should start the thread. You aren't the only 2 or 3 man utd fans in the world you know!

I really wanna be a part of this thread and I hope others do to but Your guys attitude really does suck at the moment.

Finally if there is something you want added in the thread opener Cleon has said he is more than happy to make changes in it.

I'm pretty disppointed you guys are acting like this (and for the record I did contribute in the old thread early on).

I started it because Cleon posted in the old thread requesting someone too.

He didnt ask anybody to start it. He said that if somebody didnt start it soon then somebody else would do a half assed job at it. (That would be you i guess)

You guys don't have a license or god given right to dictate who should start the thread.

And what gives you more right to start it then the more frequent users of the thread?

I really wanna be a part of this thread

You can be part of the thread without starting it.

To be fair people told you in the 07 thread that something was planned. You said that you would leave it. Cleon posted saying somebody had better do it sooner rather then later. A couple of frequent users then stated they would do it if gra didnt have it done by the next day. Then you went back on your word and behind everybodies backs and started the thread.

i have no problem at all with you being in the threads,i have no problem with anyone,why should i like were all the same on here.but the amount of threads you've started is annoying as fook and theres more dedicated people on here who are continuosly on here to post and help others..

and you have to admit you are going over the top with all these threads you've started,and you do like the recognisation of being a topic starter alot

I just re-read my last post and realise it sounds a bit offensive. For this i apologise. i have no problem with Dayle or with Dayle starting the thread but i do have a problem with the amount of detail in the post. It is basically the same as 07 and probably didnt take more then 5 minutes to copy and paste and update with the 08 demo information. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if it were updated by Cleon with the starter guide thing that gra suggested.

I had been lookin at Gyan Asamoah, but opted for Huntelaar figuring he was more likely to have better consistency, pressure and important matches (those hidden attributes are KEY!)

I bought Huntelaar for under 10 million. First I praised him (the middle option I think), than placed a bid that was rejected. (He became unhappy) I said I was interested in signing him and bid again and it was accepted. I think it was 9.5 million...maybe I could have gotten him for less at that point.

It is early but he is doing well as lone striker in 4-2-3-1 (Tevez, Rooney and Saha all hurt).

Originally posted by Skinaldo:

i have no problem at all with you being in the threads,i have no problem with anyone,why should i like were all the same on here.but the amount of threads you've started is annoying as fook and theres more dedicated people on here who are continuosly on here to post and help others..

and you have to admit you are going over the top with all these threads you've started,and you do like the recognisation of being a topic starter alot

I started the player guide threads at the same time to avoid people putting 08 players in the 07 threads. I don't start a lot of threads to be honest, but I can see why you would think that with the 5 player threads... but that was just me making sure the job was completely done.

It has nothing to do with spamming or anything. I am a regular poster in tactics forum and was just doing something that needed doing.

It's ridiculous that i need to even explain my self.

We really should have waited until the full game is out, at least that way the FM:07 one might have got to 300 pages. I personally won't be using it, I agree one person should have done all the good player threads, and yes you got that job, but there were several people on the old thread that contributed more than you (Evon, Crazy ect.), and they should have got the privilege of starting the new one.

Also the fact that it might as well be a copy and paste job from the old thread is also a bit disrespectful.

Originally posted by glory utd:

I just re-read my last post and realise it sounds a bit offensive. For this i apologise. i have no problem with Dayle or with Dayle starting the thread but i do have a problem with the amount of detail in the post. It is basically the same as 07 and probably didnt take more then 5 minutes to copy and paste and update with the 08 demo information. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if it were updated by Cleon with the starter guide thing that gra suggested.

It doesn't really matter now, and I always had a feeling that someone would come along and make an 08 thread anyway. I made a point about it in the 07 thread to hopefully deter people from doing so, but that obviously failed. If Cleon can update it then great, but there's been plenty of times when he's not been around for long periods. Maybe that'll change with 08 coming out soon.

As for who makes the thread, that doesn't matter, although it'd have been better if someone like Trundle, Evon, Sheps (and a few others) who made the 07 thread very detailed and informative to get some recognition for doing so. At the moment it seems unlikely that I will purchase the full version, so I probably wouldn't have done the 08 thread anyway.

Originally posted by glory utd:

A couple of frequent users then stated they would do it if gra didnt have it done by the next day.

And that was also a bit hasty. I believe Evon said he'd do the thread if I didn't get on the 07 thread by today, but before today I hadn't been on GPTG since Thursday because I've got more important things to do.

Just spitballing here, but what would be your views on buying John Rooney and making his brother Wayne tutor him? Do you think an improvement will be made in him as atm he is pretty poor. The downside is you cant buy him until July 2008 but would you give it a go when the time comes?

I have started a couple of games on the demo with manu with mixed success

finally i settled on a 4 2 3 1 formation after much tinkering and restarting!!

GK

RB CB CB LB

CM CM

AMR AMC AML

ST

i have bought:

Pandev for 13Mil - Cheap Price for a good striker who also plays in the tevez mould i.e just behing the striker

Urby Emanuelson 6Mil - Bit of a last minute buy as i needed cover for Evra, looks like a prospect tho

Fernando Belluschi 7Mil - Attacking Right Winger with awesome stats

Derek Boateng CM 400k - 4th choice CM looks like another good prospect, good prive aswel

Sergei Ignashevich - Available on a free at the begginig of the game, would make most prem first teams but a back up for G Neville. (only wanted 8.5k a week)

Van Der Vaart CM/AMC 10mil - was debating to sign or not as allready had anderson but for 10 mil i had too

i have sold fletcher, park, o shea, silvestre, gibson, dong, and most of my reserve team made about 24mil

so my team is as follows: first team in capital

GK - V D SAR ~ Kuschak

RB - G NEVILLE ~ Ignashevich

LB - EVRA ~ Emanuelson

CB - FERDINAND ~ Pique

CB - VIDIC ~ Brown

CM - HARGREAVES ~ Boateng

CM - VAART/SCHOLES

AML - ROANLDO/GIGGS

AMR- BELLUSCHI ~ Nani

AMC - TEVEZ/Pandev ~ Anderson

ST - ROONEY/Pandev ~ Saha

i lost to chelsea 3-1 but up to now i have won all 6 of my prem matches and 2 of my CL matches, only conceding 3. Ronaldo got injured for the first month which gave Belulushi the first choice slot at AMR and he has been awesome, as has giggs on the left who i was going to use sparingly....Pandev has scored 4 in 4, Rooney 3, Tevez 3, Giggs 3 Vaart 1 and Ronaldo 1 Saha's just come back to fitness as has Neville and Ronaldo....Vaart plays very well as my CM next to Hargreaves who opperates more defensively but he has also been played in AMC along with Anderson. Ignashevich hasnt put a foot wrong in Neville's absense.

i would have like to have signed Johnson from Man City he looks like a good prospect, also turned into a wonderkid after a month like anderson and pique.

looking forward to ben foster hopefully coming back before the end of the season (when the games relseased!!!) and getting some games as i dont think V D Sar will be able to perfrom as well in the second season.

alltogether it looks promising for me this game, but it is the third time i started with Man Utd!!!

He didnt ask anybody to start it. He said that if somebody didnt start it soon then somebody else would do a half assed job at it. (That would be you i guess)

No I wouldn't have started it, so don't make assuptions. Also watch your tone when talking to a Mod.

I wouldn't have started the thread, but I wanted who ever did create one to be of the same standard as all the others.

To be fair people told you in the 07 thread that something was planned. You said that you would leave it. Cleon posted saying somebody had better do it sooner rather then later. A couple of frequent users then stated they would do it if gra didnt have it done by the next day. Then you went back on your word and behind everybodies backs and started the thread.

I don't really care, its not only your forum. Everyone as a right to particapte and start threads if they wish so. If you don't become more welcoming to people who want to join in then you will have action taken against you. I don't care if someone is a regular or poster or not, you are all equals and have the same rights as each other to start discssions and participate in them.

I feel big changes coming on in this forum will all the people who seem to be agressive and not welcome people. I will be looking at getting rid of them from this forum as thats not what we want to achieve here.

Thats fine and I'm glad you saw your post as agressive. icon_smile.gif

I will update all threads when I can. There might be times that I am not around for a few days as I have commitements in the real world. But it will get done by me or another mod when we see it needs doing icon_smile.gif

If Cleon can update it then great, but there's been plenty of times when he's not been around for long periods. Maybe that'll change with 08 coming out soon.

That was for personal reasons and thats sorted now.

Anyways back on topic, if anyone wants to carry on this discussion then email me and not post in here.

Well I agree that someone who have had contributed more in the 07 Man Utd thread should get the recognition and start the new 08 thread, but ah well I am not a Man Utd fan so why should I care? icon_biggrin.gif

On another note, how are the youngsters in 08 coming along as compared to 07? Dong Fangzhuo, Eagles, Evans and the like.

Hello, this is my first post in this forum. Nice to meet you all.

Anyway, I have started a game with MU on the demo. I'm impressed with the current squad but I just felt we needed a target man up front to partner Tevez or Rooney.

I am currently unbeaten in 7 games and coming 1st in the Premiership.

My Signings:

Huntelaar - 9.75m - My target man. He hasn't scored many goals but he has 4 assists already.

Van Der Vaart - 11m - I bought him to see if he is as good as people say in this forum. Unfortunately, Anderson has been exceptional and hasn't given much opportunity for VDV to shine. Will give more news as I progress.

Coloccini - 11m - A backup player that I rotate with the first team alot. Good while G. Neville is injrued in the first few matches.

I have sold all the backup players that aren't really useful like Silvestre, Fletcher and a lot of the reserves to gain more money.

I play 442 Normal formation with the MR and ML running forward. Rooney and Huntelaar up front. I set Rooney as AMC in the instructions and he is banging in the goals. Anderson is a must use.

Originally posted by Azzwuff:

I have started a couple of games on the demo with manu with mixed success

finally i settled on a 4 2 3 1 formation after much tinkering and restarting!!

GK

RB CB CB LB

CM CM

AMR AMC AML

ST

i have bought:

Pandev for 13Mil - Cheap Price for a good striker who also plays in the tevez mould i.e just behing the striker

Urby Emanuelson 6Mil - Bit of a last minute buy as i needed cover for Evra, looks like a prospect tho

Fernando Belluschi 7Mil - Attacking Right Winger with awesome stats

Derek Boateng CM 400k - 4th choice CM looks like another good prospect, good prive aswel

Sergei Ignashevich - Available on a free at the begginig of the game, would make most prem first teams but a back up for G Neville. (only wanted 8.5k a week)

Van Der Vaart CM/AMC 10mil - was debating to sign or not as allready had anderson but for 10 mil i had too

i have sold fletcher, park, o shea, silvestre, gibson, dong, and most of my reserve team made about 24mil

so my team is as follows: first team in capital

GK - V D SAR ~ Kuschak

RB - G NEVILLE ~ Ignashevich

LB - EVRA ~ Emanuelson

CB - FERDINAND ~ Pique

CB - VIDIC ~ Brown

CM - HARGREAVES ~ Boateng

CM - VAART/SCHOLES

AML - ROANLDO/GIGGS

AMR- BELLUSCHI ~ Nani

AMC - TEVEZ/Pandev ~ Anderson

ST - ROONEY/Pandev ~ Saha

i lost to chelsea 3-1 but up to now i have won all 6 of my prem matches and 2 of my CL matches, only conceding 3. Ronaldo got injured for the first month which gave Belulushi the first choice slot at AMR and he has been awesome, as has giggs on the left who i was going to use sparingly....Pandev has scored 4 in 4, Rooney 3, Tevez 3, Giggs 3 Vaart 1 and Ronaldo 1 Saha's just come back to fitness as has Neville and Ronaldo....Vaart plays very well as my CM next to Hargreaves who opperates more defensively but he has also been played in AMC along with Anderson. Ignashevich hasnt put a foot wrong in Neville's absense.

i would have like to have signed Johnson from Man City he looks like a good prospect, also turned into a wonderkid after a month like anderson and pique.

looking forward to ben foster hopefully coming back before the end of the season (when the games relseased!!!) and getting some games as i dont think V D Sar will be able to perfrom as well in the second season.

alltogether it looks promising for me this game, but it is the third time i started with Man Utd!!!

Some very good signings there and an amazingly strong team. Really well done, but where is Carrick?

Hello, this is my first post in this forum. Nice to meet you all.

Anyway, I have started a game with MU on the demo. I'm impressed with the current squad but I just felt we needed a target man up front to partner Tevez or Rooney.

I am currently unbeaten in 7 games and coming 1st in the Premiership.

My Signings:

Huntelaar - 9.75m - My target man. He hasn't scored many goals but he has 4 assists already.

Van Der Vaart - 11m - I bought him to see if he is as good as people say in this forum. Unfortunately, Anderson has been exceptional and hasn't given much opportunity for VDV to shine. Will give more news as I progress.

Coloccini - 11m - A backup player that I rotate with the first team alot. Good while G. Neville is injrued in the first few matches.

I have sold all the backup players that aren't really useful like Silvestre, Fletcher and a lot of the reserves to gain more money.

I play 442 Normal formation with the MR and ML running forward. Rooney and Huntelaar up front. I set Rooney as AMC in the instructions and he is banging in the goals. Anderson is a must use.

Hello and quite a good first post, welcome. Thats a good price for Huntelaar imho and you cant go wrong with VDV but I think Coloccini is a bad signing. For a back up player i think you paid too much and there are players who provide just as good cover at a cheaper price. Take Ignashevich for example. Available for free and very experienced and also Russia captain i think.

ah i forgot about carrick, yes he's still in my squad he's accepted being a rotation player it was him or fletcher who had to go and although i like the look of fletcher ijust think carricks style suited me better.

one quick note aswel i quickly realised that brown, v d sar and giggs contracts are up at the end of the season and if you wait until you assistant tells you their contracts are up in 12months time they seem to demand far less than at the start of the game i.e got giggs down to 39k and rotation

i had Huntelaar in my game too. wasnt satisfied with him at all. i think in the full game i wont buy anybody at the beginning and try to unsettle dos santos and get him in january...(and pray that Roo, Tevez and Saha will stay fit) icon_wink.gif

Just entered November in my Demo.

Had a weird preseason only winning the last 2 games to LL teams, drawing 3 and losing 1 to Barcelona.

Lost to Chelsea in Community Shield 2-1, domminated the game though.

Premier Leauge(1st): PLD 10 W10 GF2 1 GA 4

ECC(1st): PLD 4 W 4 GF 7 GA 0.

League Cup(4th): Just lost to Everton at Goodison 2-0, choose the wrong tactic i think. Had a mixture of youngsters and first team back-ups.

Shuffled my Backroon staff, Mutal Terminated a few a brought in a physio, couple of scouts and a fitness coach.

Haven't sold anyone, only Eckersley for 700k.

Only the one signing, Huntelaar, as my target man. Got him for £10m. I've played him in 14 games this season, only scoring 3 and assiting 3 . Kinda disappointed with him. Give him till the end of the demo to decided if I buy him in my full game.

Tactics:

Home:

4-4-1-1(Rooney/Tevez as playmaker, playing behind KJH or Saha as target man)

Awayicon_frown.gifTo tough teams)

4-2-3-1(2 DMs)

Counter-Attacking football with playmaker and target man also. Brought alot of success this tactic. 2 impressive away wins at Lyon and Olympiakos in the ECC both 1-0. And also 1-0 away to Liverpool in the EPL.

Got Wigan, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea next in the EPL. I'll let you know how I get on.

Originally posted by Ricardo Kaka':

i play 4 1 3 2

bought zapatar and van der vaart. Tevez has been a beast. 11 goals in 6 epl matches. Tied for first with Chelski

How has Van der vaart been for you. I am going to either buy him or Matias Fernandez but not both.

Buys:

Amauri 11m way better stats than Huntelaar. Quieroz says he is a quality player in coach reports. I'm trying to work him in slowly, as the Tevez-Rooney partnership as done very well

Rafinha 10m Backup To Neville/ extra winger

Saivet- can be had for a free and looks good

Sold:

Eagles 3.1

Dong 1

Eckersly 700

Beat Chelsea 4-1 in the Community Shield, with Rooney netting a fab hat trick. So far I'm top of the league with 4 wins out of four.

Originally posted by Ricardo Kaka':

i play 4 1 3 2

bought zapatar and van der vaart. Tevez has been a beast. 11 goals in 6 epl matches. Tied for first with Chelski

bought zapatar too and adriano, some of the youth players are outstanding too

Archived