Player's Match Name Changed

My first-choice left winger is Hakan Oztekin, a 23-year-old Turkish regen now in his fifth year at Leicester. For all that time, he has been labelled in matches with his full name, which I guess I assumed was the standard practice in Turkish.

Either way, he's suddenly started being labelled purely as Hakan; it's not a nickname I've set, it doesn't appear to be associated with any particular event (I patched to 9.3.0 eighteen months ago so it's a whole season removed from that)... Completely irrelevant to anything, but odd nevertheless :confused:

That's strange that its reverted to his full name. I have a Turk AMC called Ali Gul who just has Ali during matches. Same went for my Turkish GK Savas Celik - became known as just Savas. I assumed all Turkish players take their first names for games.

First names are more important in Turkey and commentators often don't say their last names so game swowing only first names is correct but i don't know why it suddenly changed are you playing through steam maybe it was an auto-update

This is something that was newly introduced in FM 2009.

Since Turkish players typically use their first names, the in-match name display was altered for Turkish players to appear with their first name.

If you have two players who have the same first name, then both players are referred to with the first and second name. If you have only one player who has that first name, then he is only referred to with the first name only.

As far as I know, nothing has been changed in 9.0.3 with respect to this, but perhaps you had another player named Hakan in your squad and he is no longer on the team. So the game has reverted to only using Hakan.

This only occurs for players who have their first nationality as Turkish. So the player with quadruple nationalities mentioned above, probably has Turkish as his first order nationality (despite being declared for another nation) so he uses his first name only.

Hey perpetua, thanks for that explanation. I fear Hakan Oztekin is the only Turkish player in my squad though :confused:

Mind you, there does seem to be some correlation between instances of him appearing as Hakan (it's come and gone a couple of times since the original instance) and a particular English regen being in my starting eleven. I can't imagine why that would have any effect on it, but it's the only pattern I've been able to spot.

Archived