So what triggers promoted youth players?

In the continuing quest to produce national academies I would like to know (or get peoples opinions) on what triggers a club to get players promoted to the U18's?

Is it reputation? Facilities? Quality of coaches?

What decides how many youths are promoted?

I don't want to know about the quality of them just the quantity

So far there have been a lot of inconsistencies. Top clubs and some involved in European competitions have a maximum of 2 players promoted - so maybe it's reputation or facilities? - why then do my National Academies not produce any (Rep of 5000 and top facilities and youth academy)

The only ones that produce are England - (8 or 9 after 1st season but then none for years) Wales, Ireland & N. Ireland (2 consistently every year) and Scotland (none for about 6 years then 2 per year) - I have 10 other countries with academies but get nothing from them

They all have same rep and facilities and staff (Manager, Ass Man and 3 Youth coaches) , so why the difference? - all players are retained from these countries from the start of the game and all academies are retained on a DDT

Is it amateur, semi or pro status? - tried everything but as I said, results are inconsistent

Your thoughts?

What game are you playing that you get national academies? Plural? I've only ever seen one Youth Academy associated with any organization...

I always thought the number of newgens per squad was relatively random, with the quality of those newgens being influamced heavily (if not soley) by the quality of the organization Youth Facilities. Having an academy would simply give a boost to CA, with a boost to PA if the CA boost brought it too close to the player's initial PA...

I have no edivence whatsoever to back this up. Just personal opinion, and maybe a dose of wishful thinking thrown in...

The fact that they're not in active league probably limits the amount of regens they produce. If you notice, most clubs that are inactive, including your affiliates tend to produce 1-2 youth players a year at most.

The fact that they're not in active league probably limits the amount of regens they produce. If you notice, most clubs that are inactive, including your affiliates tend to produce 1-2 youth players a year at most.

In the past teams retained in a DDT produced 8 or 9 youth players - now it's just 1 or 2

I would suggest trying to fill up the initial squad. When you retain a team(s) with a DDT file, the reason more youth players are created is because the squad has more to begin with (at least in my experience.)

I would suggest trying to fill up the initial squad. When you retain a team(s) with a DDT file, the reason more youth players are created is because the squad has more to begin with (at least in my experience.)

Makes sense - 3 local teams I created in 09 still only got 1 or 2 regens but the club did buy and sell player a lot more

EDIT -- just thought - the top teams have full squads but still only get 2 regens per season so I suppose the league has to be active.

So next question - would the league have to be playable or background to make a difference?

Will do a holiday game overnight with half leagues playable and half background

Last nights holiday game was a disaster

15 countries with the top division active

8 playable, 7 background

National Schools teams with rep of 5000, top facilities, youth academy manager, ass man and 3 youth coaches

In 3 seasons all these teams did not produce ANY regens

Next thing to try will be to fill the 1st team squads with players, and change a couple of clubs to semi pro - see if that makes a difference

New holiday game started before I go to the airport

15 nations have "schools" clubs all with 5000 rep, top facilities and youth academy and 5 staff and are amateur clubs

All 5 British nations, Germany and Brazil have between 12 and 22 created players with random CA and PA - rest have no players

New game is English leagues down to Conference N&S - all players in England retained and all 15 schools teams retained in a DDT

Regens for playable countries and teams are created on a "how many are needed" basis. For instance, a team in a playable division with a full youth squad will be given maybe 2 or 3 regens, whereas a team in a playable without many youth players can be given 10 or more. Teams in unplayable divisions from a playable country will only be given regens if the game deems that there are not enough players from that nation already made to cover all the teams in playable divisions. It will also create some players who are available for free if it is deemed necessary.

EDIT: Database size affects how many players are the "needed amount", say for small it may be 1,000, for medium it may be 1,500 and for large it may be 2,000. Of course, this is last part is not anywhere near accurate, but it is just an approximation.

Regens for playable countries and teams are created on a "how many are needed" basis. For instance, a team in a playable division with a full youth squad will be given maybe 2 or 3 regens, whereas a team in a playable without many youth players can be given 10 or more. Teams in unplayable divisions from a playable country will only be given regens if the game deems that there are not enough players from that nation already made to cover all the teams in playable divisions. It will also create some players who are available for free if it is deemed necessary.

EDIT: Database size affects how many players are the "needed amount", say for small it may be 1,000, for medium it may be 1,500 and for large it may be 2,000. Of course, this is last part is not anywhere near accurate, but it is just an approximation.

Maybe used to be the case - not any more

see above - not one regen is 8 playable and 7 viewable leagues in 3 seasons

OK - results from new holiday game only 2 seasons though

English Schools - 11 regens first season, 5 in the second - West Ham as a parent club and been signing players on part time contracts including Sami Hyppia

Brazil Schools - 0 + 0 regens

German - 0 + 0 regens - Galatasaray as a parent - signed Marcus Hannemann

Ireland - 1 + 0 regens - Chelsea as a parent - signed Dean Kiely and Richie Foran

Wales - 0 + 0 - Arsenal as a parent

N.Ireland - 0 + 0 - Everton as a parent - Gavin Strachan signed

Scotland - 0 + 0 - Rangers as parent - Carlo Nash and Danny Cadamarteri signed

All teams with no players at start did not produce any regens either but did get parents such as At Madrid, Lazio and Milan

So it is obvious that any team that has players at the start WILL buy and sell players

Any team that has no players WILL NOT buy and sell

ONLY countries that have all players retained will produce regens but NOT clubs retained in the DDT- I will test that again tonight

The clubs rep of 5000 is way over the top and has attracted unrealistic players and parent clubs - will drop that to 500

Will also see if being amateur, semi or pro makes a difference

Results from new holiday game

Reduced all reps to 500 to stop the stupid unrealistic signings

Only Wales and Scotland had retain all players

England - amateur team - NO regens in 5 years!

N. Ireland - Semi Pro - NO regens in 5 years!

Rep Ireland - Semi Pro - NO regens in 5 years!

Brazil - Professional - NO regens in 5 years!

Germany - Professional - NO regens in 5 years!

Scotland - all players retained - amateur - NO regens in 5 years!

Wales - all players retained - amateur - NO regens in 5 years!

So basically it doesn't matter if you are Pro, Semi or amateur or if all players are retained or not - NO BLOODY REGENS

So why do other teams get them?

Can't be reputation - 5000 rep makes no difference (basically top half of English Championship rated) - non league teams get regens!

Can't be facilities - 20/20 for facilities and youth setup plus academy - NO REGENS

Can''t be staff - teams have manager, ass man and 3 youth coaches - other teams with NO staff get regens

Schools teams retained on DDT makes no difference

National U19 teams only have grey players after 5 years (unless all players from that country are retained) - will probably happen to U21's too in a couple of years

As Dave Fairbairn said earlier "Database size affects how many players are the "needed amount", say for small it may be 1,000, for medium it may be 1,500 and for large it may be 2,000. Of course, this is last part is not anywhere near accurate, but it is just an approximation"

Must have something to do with it - I have added over 2000 players in various countries over the past couple of weeks - only succeeded in getting these clubs to buy and sell players which was not the intention - it's not what schools and academies do :D

The more players added in the editor the less regens have come through

Have I lost the plot?

Any other ideas? :)

Playing a long game im 22 seasons in and my youth team are a joke. The youth players that i get are almost always 1 star rated (unlike previous players on patch 2) and my ass. man recommends that i get rid of them a.s.a.p. as they have NO future with the club. Even the ones im told to keep my eye on.

Goalkeepers are as rare as rocking-horse ****. I used to (on patch 2) get a decent amount of youth but now (on patch 3) i get on average of 5 youth players, but STILL no goalies. Its slowly ruining my game :thdn:

I get too many keepers :D

Playing 08 I get maybe 6-10 regens per year - some are even decent for the BSS

It's the bloody schools teams that don't get them

This is why I'm trying to develop these schools teams so that there is always enough decent players to fill future International U19's

About to give up TBH

Left the holiday game running overnight

15 teams in 15 seasons produced ONE regen

lonely little Argentinian :D

every international U19 team has NO players except greys - Except Wales and Scotland (whose players were retained) and England (who was the active league)

No wonder long term gamers are annoyed

Okay, I'd been blowing this whole thing off, because I'm just not comfortable that your environment will ever give a good representation of what the game will produce. But, just for kicks, I ran through my own U19 Internationals. My current (and only) save is in November 2017. I started with the following European countries loaded and playable (mind you, this is just Europe:

Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Isreal, Italy, Holland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and Serbia. Large database, with all players from England, Scotland, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, and Italy retained.

As I flip through the European U19 squads, several are indeed all grey. Andorra, Aremnia, Azerbaijan are just three. Every country I've listed above is filled with non-grey actual regens. Several I didn't load (Belarus, Iceland, Bulgaria, Cyprus are just four) have partial squads. I also note Wales and Northern Ireland, (which I didn't load or retain) also have full squads. MiniScout show many of these regens to be of high quality. Whether their training and/or other circumstances will ever permit them to reach their potential has yet to be seen...

Personally, I don't see a problem. Yet.

what games and patches are people using?

whether the game is 08 or 09 will change the results and maybe the patch, a post above says that the arn't getting many good regens after a patch, this seems that the patch may have a big part to play in this experiment

I was just commenting on my game

given up now and started a new career game without all the "schools" - they have all been deleted

before I added the schools teams - I had added over 2000 players of mostly European nationality - obviously in MY game the AI has deemed these players not good enough for the U19's (although most had PA's of between -7 and -9) and only plays the greys after a few years

As I said before I have tried retaining players, DDT's and having playable and viewable leagues - same results whatever - only U19 squads to have "real" players have been the ones that have all players from that country retained

Maybe as Dave Fairbairn said I have too many players in my database which is why I get no regens for other countries

anyway - problem solved - all deleted now

what games and patches are people using?

whether the game is 08 or 09 will change the results and maybe the patch, a post above says that the arn't getting many good regens after a patch, this seems that the patch may have a big part to play in this experiment

FM08 patched to 8.0.2 and (very) large DB

Be interested to see what results people are getting with 09 and latest patch

I won't play 09 because I find it boring and slow and had never got past season 5 with it - prefer to play 40 season saves with 08

Had a thought - maybe placing the national U19 teams in a DDT would do something - I know they have a different ID than the full squad and U21's

would do it myself but I can't be arsed - spend too much time testing stuff like this and not playing the game

Archived