Player Cam

Quite a good little addition for FM10 would be to view the match highlights focusing on one player. Particualrly useful for scouting. You could set highlights to key: Player A. And it would show you the players role in the match, just thought of it as I was playing a youth player in an easy cup match. I just wanted to focus on his game cause what he was doing wasnt making the key highlights.

It might be useful to have it as a feature for replaying a match instead of actually whilst the game was playing.

Thoughts?

Any of these suggested "close up" cameras (coaching box being another) would look like carp with the current engine, and I, for one, don't want too much energy devoted to rotoscoped, motion-captured player meshes and animations.

Picture the current on-screen player - what is he, 20, 50 pixels tall? - blown up to half the screen without an increase in resolution. Now imagine this guy with 4 big flesh-colored blocks for a head tackling your carmer-carrier, whose two-big-blocks-for-feet go flying into the air. Now, imagine that same 20-50-pixel-tall-guy blown up to half-screen size with an appropriate increase in resolution, but limited to the current level of animation....

No thanks. Too much of the game needs more work than reworking the visuals presentation of the match to allow for "up-close" cameras. I think there should be a "free-camera" mode, but they would have to apply a limit on how close to the action you could get...

Any of these suggested "close up" cameras (coaching box being another) would look like carp with the current engine, and I, for one, don't want too much energy devoted to rotoscoped, motion-captured player meshes and animations.

Picture the current on-screen player - what is he, 20, 50 pixels tall? - blown up to half the screen without an increase in resolution. Now imagine this guy with 4 big flesh-colored blocks for a head tackling your carmer-carrier, whose two-big-blocks-for-feet go flying into the air. Now, imagine that same 20-50-pixel-tall-guy blown up to half-screen size with an appropriate increase in resolution, but limited to the current level of animation....

No thanks. Too much of the game needs more work than reworking the visuals presentation of the match to allow for "up-close" cameras. I think there should be a "free-camera" mode, but they would have to apply a limit on how close to the action you could get...

Totally agree. Rubbish idea.

Anyone who wants this is probably playing with the main stand view and can't see all their players, so the obvious solution is select a better way of viewing the match.

Really can't see the harm in this as addition. In fact I think it's a jolly good idea. I'd use it.

Did anyone say a close up of a player? They didn't. This is merely a suggestion to follow the on-pitch movements of a certain player to judge him better, i.e. runs and positioning.

It should also be pointed out that the 3D engine isn't a mechanic to better show the matches, i.e. their graphical detail. It is a mechanic to represent matches in a more viewable form. The quality of the graphics in FM need never be of the highest quality to do that.

This isn't PES or FIFA, it's a management sim with players on a pitch. Neither is it FIFA manager or any other management sim that sacrifices FMs detail for looking good.

Archived