Quick Question

How do I check how good my players are? Is their say something like a overall stat like their is in FIFA games?

Not really.

You can go to the Ass Man report and he will give you a run down, by star rating of your best players for GK, DEF, MID and ATT then go on to recommend possible additions to the squad.

Generally the better the player the higher the stats, but then you need to look at the position of the player and what their stats are relevant to their position eg a ST with finishing stats of 20 is good, a CB with stats of Tackling, Marking of 5 is bad. Have a look in your manual, if gives you examples of what certain positions stats you should look for

How do I check how good my players are? Is their say something like a overall stat like their is in FIFA games?

I agree an ass report, but then ask coaches as well who have strengh in the right areas, like ask a coach with the highest attack coaching about a player etc. Though this depends on there ability to spot talent as well so there is no absolute way.

Sort your players by Value. (It will be relatively accurate apart from your youngsters and over 30s players values will be lower but could still be a better player).

This was useful on previous FM games, but I think player values rely too much on their reputation on FM09, rather than actual ability

Archived