End of season player assessment?

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to assess your players performance at the end of the season?

We have the fans player of the year etc.

You could assess each player and tell them what more you expect of them.

Or you could praise players for their great season etc.

Also if an average players contract is due up for renewal you could tell him he won't get offered another unless he starts to improve alot.

Just a few ideas.Something along those lines perhaps.

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to assess your players performance at the end of the season?

We have the fans player of the year etc.

You could assess each player and tell them what more you expect of them.

Or you could praise players for their great season etc.

Also if an average players contract is due up for renewal you could tell him he won't get offered another unless he starts to improve alot.

Just a few ideas.Something along those lines perhaps.

Many thanks for your positive feedback.

Another idea i just thought of.

If you get promotion and your striker say wants an improved contract,you could also tell him that you won't offer him an improved contract until he proves that he can play in a higher league.

The same goes for all players really,as you could be left with some expensive flops on your hands.

Be nice to get some feedback from someone at si.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Yeah I'd like to be able to tell my strikers whether they scored enough, or that a player has one more season to prove his worth, etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's exactly what i mean.

At the moment when you get promoted (or relegated even) all you get are requests for another contract.

It would be great to be able to tell your players to buck their ideas up, and start performing to justify a new contract.Instead of just awarding a new one just because it's due.

You can't award a much improved contract to a player, just because he was part of a promotion winning team,you have to be able to tell him to prove he can play in a higher league first.

The feedback has been great on this.

Several people have asked si for their comments,but nothing yet.

Maybe they don't like to give too many of their secrets away.

Keep your thoughts coming in everyone.Much appreciated icon_smile.gif

Archived