Moulding players into your vision

When I get a promising player i.e. about 20 year old. I look at what type of position they could play off their attributes. So for example, I have a very capable attacking midfielder who has a great all round game. So I decided wouldn't it be a good idea to mould him into a Steven Gerrard type of player. I then go and look at Gerrard's ppm's and ask my midfielder to learn one of these. When that's completed I ask him to do all of them until his ppm's match Gerrard's. I've also done this with a striker whose very similar to Aguero.

Does anybody else do anything similar?

It's a good idea, however, making him like Gerrard will only work if they have the same personality, or similar.

I may try doing this though, although it is a good way to replicate players without use of the editor.

Not really, I'm on about doing it on the player interacton screen (asking him to learn a ppm). He doesn't have to be tutored by Gerrard. Then again it'd be pretty hard for him to tutor my player as i'm at Hannover in Germany and he's still at Liverpool.

It was the personality bit you mentioned that threw me. Obviously not all players will want to learn the ppm's but I don't think his personality has to be like Gerrard's for him to learn the ppm's

I mean that if you want him to "become" Gerrard, (so to speak) he will need to have a similar personality towards the game.

He will not be like Gerrard if he is "resolute" or "ambitious"

But he may be like him if he was "determined" or "proffessional"

Im just saying that even if he has similar attributes and PPM's, he will not perform like Gerrard if there is a personality difference.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Archived