FM09 With New Alu MacBook...

Im buying the new alu macbook next week as i seriously need an upgrade. im using a Dell PC about 4-5 years old and this will be my first Mac. The spec of it is:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.4GHz - 3MB level 2 cache

Memory: 2GB DDR3

HD Capacity: 250GB SATA 5400 RPM

Display: 13.3" widescreen display

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

I know Macs are not designed around gaming, but FM (being really slow on the PC) was one of the reasons for upgrading, and especially the graphics card was a big factor.

Basically i just wanted to know how smooth and responsive the gameplay is on FM09 when using the macbook.

Thanks alot

Ive never properly used a Mac, ive always used PCs. But i work at John Lewis selling the damn things, and ive been drawn into them. From what i hear from customers, 90-95% say they would never go back from Mac to PCs after buying a Mac.

Intresting... I want to see for myself what all the fuss is about :)

Ive never properly used a Mac, ive always used PCs. But i work at John Lewis selling the damn things, and ive been drawn into them. From what i hear from customers, 90-95% say they would never go back from Mac to PCs after buying a Mac.

Intresting... I want to see for myself what all the fuss is about :)

In fairness, they are beautiful systems. Without Macs, and the competition from Apple, PCs would be pish (some argue they already are).

Guest kevscrafton
Im buying the new alu macbook next week as i seriously need an upgrade. im using a Dell PC about 4-5 years old and this will be my first Mac. The spec of it is:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.4GHz - 3MB level 2 cache

Memory: 2GB DDR3

HD Capacity: 250GB SATA 5400 RPM

Display: 13.3" widescreen display

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

I know Macs are not designed around gaming, but FM (being really slow on the PC) was one of the reasons for upgrading, and especially the graphics card was a big factor.

Basically i just wanted to know how smooth and responsive the gameplay is on FM09 when using the macbook.

Thanks alot

I've just got the same spec Mac, it runs smoother and more responsive than my old PC did, you'll have no trouble running it.

Im buying my MacBook from John Lewis as I get discount and there's a 2 year guarentee, upgrading the ram voids the guarentee. Just out of intrest how much would it cost to upgrade to 4gb, and I know it's twice as much memory, but can you really notice it when playing FM if it already has good gameplay?

Thanks

Im buying my MacBook from John Lewis as I get discount and there's a 2 year guarentee, upgrading the ram voids the guarentee. Just out of intrest how much would it cost to upgrade to 4gb, and I know it's twice as much memory, but can you really notice it when playing FM if it already has good gameplay?

Thanks

I have the same system you're looking at (2.4GHz). It's pretty snappy. Informally, I have found previous incarnations of FM to be just slightly faster on similar Windows machines. I haven't run benchmarks though . . .

In the US you can get a 4GB set for $80 give or take. That's about 55 pounds?

My sarcasm detector is in meltdown. :)

OP: That spec will run 25-30 leagues on a Large db comfortably. :D

It really depends on your definition of comfortably. To me its not comfortable if i sit at the computer waiting instead of playing. On my quad core @3.2ghz with a proper fast hard drive and lots of RAM its slow as hell with roughly 10 leagues loaded. His machine is gonna be 3 times slower at best at processing. But since he said he is only going to run the english leagues he should be kinda ok.

And im not saying that because he wants to buy a mac. A 2.4ghz dual core is still the same processor if its running mac os or windows. I dont like macs though :) Too expensive compared to the same spec PC.

Archived