+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th November 2006
    Posts
    539

    Default FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    Okay,

    FM has been selling like hot cakes for years, and yet there isn't any (good) in depth printed strategy guide?

    I do appreciate the many creative posts in the diverse forums here and elsewhere, and I do appreciate hints and tips gratis.

    But I wouldn't mind spending some extra €€€$$$$ for a well written (thick) manual, distilled with all the great information on game mechanics, tactics, players, etc.

    Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    14th July 2005
    Location
    Broken Heartbeats Sounds Like Breakbeats
    Posts
    4,146

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Macflyer View Post
    Okay,

    FM has been selling like hot cakes for years, and yet there isn't any (good) in depth printed strategy guide?

    I do appreciate the many creative posts in the diverse forums here and elsewhere, and I do appreciate hints and tips gratis.

    But I wouldn't mind spending some extra €€€$$$$ for a well written (thick) manual, distilled with all the great information on game mechanics, tactics, players, etc.

    Your thoughts?

    There used to be, I think for CM 4 was the last one always a good read sad they do not do them anymore.

  3. #3
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,222

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    You could make an online one with help.

    I doubt that you would get it published though.

  4. #4
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th November 2007
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    I think I got one for FM, but it wasn't up to much and it was a good few years ago now, 05 maybe.

  5. #5

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    I suggest that you download the T&TF Guide that can be d/l in the teactics section. Made by WWFan.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th November 2006
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    I am aware of this guide and I welcome it and I am thankful for so much thought. Still, the game has more aspects to it that necess. aren't understood/accessed with common sense, so I keep reading forums.

    Would you buy a well written book?

  7. #7
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,222

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    Some aspects of the game(quite a few)(159) are covered here:

    FMWIKI

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th November 2006
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    I do realize that a well written WIKI is better given the various patches and stuff.

    But for some reading pleasure and enlightning offline.......

  9. #9
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    1st July 2008
    Location
    footballmanagerwiki.co.uk
    Posts
    5,222

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    Well, unless you want to make one and try and get it published, I don't see what we can do.

    If you want to make one, I will be more than happy to help.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th November 2006
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    Some aspects of the game(quite a few)(159) are covered here:

    FMWIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    Well, unless you want to make one and try and get it published, I don't see what we can do.

    If you want to make one, I will be more than happy to help.
    Well...nowadays there is the option of "print-to-order" books.......anyone can publish quite affordable.....

    But this thread is to hear some opinions about hardcopy strategy guide....not that I'm "demanding" it.

    But, thanks for your help... It's worth drinking some beer over your suggestion.

  11. #11
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,424

    Default Re: FM Strategy Guide as hardcopy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Macflyer View Post
    But, thanks for your help... It's worth drinking some beer over your suggestion.
    ANY suggestion is worth drinking some beer over. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts