[Suggestion] Call Press Conferences!

I had an idea about press conferences for 2010, IRL clubs can call press conferences rather than being called to them to announce things, so why not do so in FM?

You could do it to announce new players, sponsors, stadium developments etc etc, OR to announce player finings to really reinforce the message that their performance/actions were not acceptable, OR to have a general rant, a la Rafael Benitez!

Also, you could use it to launch PR stuff, such as (daft examples, but I can't think of anything else today!) Fan Days (with reduced ticket prices), or wearing different kits, like my Oldham wearing pink kits for a one off match, for charity!

What do you think? :o

Cheers,

Joe

Cheers :)

Obviously the PC would have an effect on the player, e.g. "Player believes he deserved his fine, and thinks Manager was justified in making the public aware", or "Player was upset about the fine to start with, and feels upset and humiliated."

Cheers for the positive comments (I want a faceinthegame if it get into 2010, SI! :D )

I have a feeling this will be in future editions of FM, because on the home page there is an option that says 'Press Conference'. It is always greyed out, which leads me to believe that there will be a chance to use it to call press conferences in FM10.

Purely guess work though.

I would love that option. I think if I wanted to get rid of someone really badly, and say they got sent off, give them a 2 week fine, then humiliate them in the press, or perhaps humiliate the team in general to get them off their bums and get them to perform, then this feature would make press conferences better.

I have a feeling this will be in future editions of FM, because on the home page there is an option that says 'Press Conference'. It is always greyed out, which leads me to believe that there will be a chance to use it to call press conferences in FM10.

Purely guess work though.

Think that button is there when there is actually a press conference on. For example, if you are in a press conference and want to go look at the league table to see where your next opposition are before answering a question about them, you can get back to the press conference by clicking on that box as it will no longer be greyed out.

Once press confrences are working properly then yes this is a great idea although it would be very difficult for the game to be coded respond to this due to the many variables that would be needed.

Id like to see them working better in fm10 and ideas like this implemented in fm11.

Archived