Co-ownership spending

I'm playing in Italy for the first time and the money dished out for co-ownership deals seems massively out of proportion with other transfer spends. The big clubs are spending upwards of £15m to own 50% of reasonably promising youngsters which they are then allowing to continue to play for their current team. Surely these fees are excessive, or are they in line with real life? I can't find any data on this on the internet.

I noticed this too. Seems a lot of money spent by Italian clubs to co-own players. Maybe its what they are doing in Italy now as the foreigner rule over there is different than most of Europe.

Can anyone enlighten us with real life information?

I own Balottelli at Parma in season 4, Milan have just bid £39m to co own him. He's valued at £25m, this is just daft. I'd consider selling him for that, never mind just half of him.

I've had loads of offers like this. It's making Italy a bit unrealistic.

I own Balottelli at Parma in season 4, Milan have just bid £39m to co own him. He's valued at £25m, this is just daft. I'd consider selling him for that, never mind just half of him.

I've had loads of offers like this. It's making Italy a bit unrealistic.

So what are the rules here? If you did sell 50% of him to Milan, who would he play for? Do you keep him and give 50% to Milan if you sell him, or does he do a Beckham and flit between 2 clubs?

So what are the rules here? If you did sell 50% of him to Milan, who would he play for? Do you keep him and give 50% to Milan if you sell him, or does he do a Beckham and flit between 2 clubs?

I believe it will mean he stays at the club (depends on what the offer says to be honest) and when this specificed time scale is up, he is secret auctioned between the 2 clubs who owns him outright

Guys this is unfortunately a 9.3 patch bug. It makes playing in Italy utterly stupid. In my first 9.3 january window, ALL I repeat EVERY SINGLE transfer between two italian clubs is a co-ownership. foreign transfers are fine, but for some reason transfers between italian teams are broken. the AI only wants to pay almost the full value of the italian players to get 50% and lets them stay in their old team.

This was the reason for me for stopping to play FM 09, because as it is the last patch it won't be fixed.

And for me it is simply game breaking. I was totally happy with 9.3 until I figured that out.

I didn't play on so I don't know how it will evolve. But to be honest, a january transfer window with about 35 co-own transfers which however didn't even change teams, that's enough. It's obviously a huge bug-

Raniel - why not re-patch to 9.2.0 and carry on? I do feel your pain tho'.

Once you have saved on 9.3.0 you cannot continue that save on 9.2.0.

SI, many of us want to be able to play long-term games. If a 9.3.1 could patch this and any other minor problems that have arisen, even in just a 3 MB patch or something, could you please consider it? I know it doesn't "look good" to do four patches instead of the usual three, but it's surely a quick fix.

Looking at the summer transfer window that just ended in my Roma game in 2010 and the, at least, top dozen or so transfers between Italian teams are full transfer, the most expensive co-ownership is 10.25m.

I didn't have such problems, but I do think the way co-ownerships work should be changed in time for FM10. And I think they worked very well in FM08.

1) Co-ownerships are useful for smaller teams who want to buy a youngster from a bigger team but they can't afford to buy his full price, and for bigger teams who want to make some money with their youngsters. It's a win-win situation: if the player turns out to be a good one, the bigger team can buy him back; of course they'll lose money, but it can be considered a "thank-you gift" to the smaller team for developing the player. RL example: Adriano, bought by Inter, co-owned by Parma, bought back by Inter. If the player isn't a good one, the smaller team can buy the remaining 50% for 1000 € or so...

2) The chance that a bigger team co-owns a player from a smaller team is pretty rare, and it can be compared to a "first option": the guy has potential, but he's too young (or we are already covered in that position) so let's buy 50% of him before someone else does and leave him to the club where he plays now. If he is really so good, we can buy the remaining 50% without problems, otherwise, we lost some money, no big deal. Well, there are actually some problems...: RL example: Chiellini played for Livorno and was co-owned by Roma, who were so silly to let the world know that they we were going to bid around 3M € for his 50% (there his a reason why the secret auction is SECRET...). During the auction, Livorno made an higher bid (3,5M?), so they won the player and then they sold him to Juventus.

Please don't hijack this thread for debating the real-life logic of co-ownerships. The point of the thread is to discuss a possible bug that has arisen with them either in 9.3.0 or a previous patch.

i thought it was a good point. The game reflects real life so he was just saying what happens in real life that should be reflected in the game. Quite handy for the likes of us who dont know much about co-ownerships, it gives us a better view on what it really should be in the game ;)

I've just noticed this co-ownership bug too with sky high fees being paid just to own 50% of a player.

In addition to that - i've noticed something that makes even less sense. Juventus bought 50% of Marek Hamsik from Napoli for £17.75m but then just a few weeks later Fiorentina bought him outright for an overall fee of £18m meaning Juve got £9m and Napoli £9m.

Juve have then lost £8.75m on a player that they basically never had!!!

Definitely a game breaking bug for those that play in Italy and even for those who like me dont actually play there but still run it as a playable league.

From the changelist for the latest patch;

- Stopped low Co-Ownership bids from being accepted incorrectly in Italy.

This could have something to do with the massive co-ownership bids. Somehow they screwed up that fix and it created this bug.

Yes, it´s a bug.

I went on holyday the 1st season and Inter bought Kuzmanovic from Fiorentina for 16,5M CO and 1 month later he was sold to Juventus for 15,5M, Inter got 7,75M and Fiorentina another 7,75M.

Fiorentina in 1 month got 16,5M from Inter + 7,75M from Juventus and Inter lost 8,75M.

Also, Fiorentina bought Rosina CO for 3,6M from Torino with a buyout clause of 7,75M. 1 year later Torino bought the 50% they sold to Fiorentina for 7,75M.

That's VERY strange mate because the change list says categorically that AI controlled teams are not doing any co-ownerships (between each other). Also that they will reject co-ownership bids which are too low from human players. I hope you get to the bottom of it because I like an Italian game too.

That's VERY strange mate because the change list says categorically that AI controlled teams are not doing any co-ownerships (between each other).

I think that was happening pre-9.3.0, the fix was making it so SI teams did it more regularly.

Ridiculous.

All transfers between Italian clubs are CO deals. SI can't do their jobs properly, it's disgusting.

Normally I'd say that's going a bit far, but considering that two of the three biggest leagues in Europe have been screwed throughout every single patch, I have to agree on this occasion. Its certainly made me think twice about buying FM10.

I didn't mean reverting. The three options for me are: carry on regardless; move to a club in a different country; or start a new game. I'm carrying on for now, but I can't see it being a long-term game with this bug :(

The co-ownership deals will keep happening in Italy regardless of whether you manage there or not. At least the money stays in Italy.

Do you agree with this, or better to just move?

Just checked my transfers for a season i'm doing in 2013/14 in Italy, only co-ownership stuff im seeing is big clubs buying 50% of small players, looks very realistic to me.. I hoipe it doesn't start happening

for the record, this is a game initially started in 9.2 and now im patched to 9.3

would be so annoyed if i notice this game breaking bug as I play in Italian league way more than any other :(

Just checked my transfers for a season i'm doing in 2013/14 in Italy, only co-ownership stuff im seeing is big clubs buying 50% of small players, looks very realistic to me.. I hoipe it doesn't start happening

for the record, this is a game initially started in 9.2 and now im patched to 9.3

would be so annoyed if i notice this game breaking bug as I play in Italian league way more than any other :(

Let us know if it does change for you David. I like Serie A the most although I'm in England at the moment, and if it does change for the worst I'll revert to 9.2.

It could be that for some reason the bug only appears in 9.3 started games. I had one 9.2 game which I continued two weeks with 9.3 and I had no strange co-own deals. Only with the one I started at 9.3.

Ah and there are indeed rare (in January 2009 I had exactly ONE in Serie A) non-co-own transfers between italian teams, however only for old players. every young one will be bought by co-own, and NONE of them has changed the team. In real life, almost all co-own transfers in italy have also the players change clubs. It makes really no sense that all teams, regardless if Inter or Juve or someone with much less money, spends all their budget on buying players 50% without transfering them. Not to forget the fact that they sell the player ONE WEEK LATER for less money than they initially payed...

For example Milan bought 50% of Antonio Cassano for 20 million €, but he will play at Sampdoria for the next two years.

He is now 27 and will be 29 when Milan will have the chance to get him...

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure SI won't get another patch out for that bug, they haven't even responded yet...

Hard to say but that's the first time I can't play an FM after it's last patch. I'm really disappointed

Might as well follow this through to give those who have not experienced this bug a taste of how it goes.

So days after holding out for £29,000,000 for the first 50% of Inler, Udinese are happy to sell the second half on the cheap...

pierrehyde40.png

Let's see what Roma have to say. To recap, Roma paid £29,000,000 for 50% of Inler, and two days later were offered £10.6m by Juventus for that same 50%.

Archived