goals disallowed at corners

Guest hunchie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gordon_J:

I've got the patch installed but still every goal scored by a header direct from a corner is disallowed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be something you're doing, because I lead the league each season in goals from corners, and don't remember the last one I had disallowed ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gordon_J:

I've got the patch installed but still every goal scored by a header direct from a corner is disallowed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be something you're doing, because I lead the league each season in goals from corners, and don't remember the last one I had disallowed ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm must have a look at my tactics - maybe too many players in the one area?

I'm using the latest patch, and EVERY time I score from a corner, it's disallowed for a foul. Strangely, this doesn't happen nearly as much if the ball goes wide or over rather than in. It's becoming extremely frustrating, especially as so many people seem to be claiming that the patch fixes it.

Using patch.

Had this happen a lot in season one. Changed things up and brought in a new D C that flicks on near post.

Leading league with 5 goals from corners thru 15 games in L1.

So, I would suggest to anyone having issues to change some things up.

There are some good corner discussions rolling in tactics right now, too. Check them out.

I'd be happy just to score one, disallowed or not!!

To my knowledge I have only ever scored 1 goal from a corner on FM2008. I appreciate on previous versions it was far to esay to score from corners,but its done a 180 and is now near impossible.

I have some big players who can jump and head the ball, in fact I do win many headers from corners, but none ever even go on target. The corner always goes near post despite my instructions to "mix"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

I'd be happy just to score one, disallowed or not!!

To my knowledge I have only ever scored 1 goal from a corner on FM2008. I appreciate on previous versions it was far to esay to score from corners,but its done a 180 and is now near impossible.

I have some big players who can jump and head the ball, in fact I do win many headers from corners, but none ever even go on target. The corner always goes near post despite my instructions to "mix" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How good are the players taking the corners? Seems like you need pretty solid ones now.

Also, from experience, I think "mixed" puts most balls to the near post in the same way that "mixed" supply to the TM puts most to the head.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hunchie:

tried everything at corners every time i score it gets disallowed is this a bug or wot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree ... my goals are disalowed too ... definitely a bug

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wylergnu:

I dont believe its a bug. Attacking teams often give away free kicks from corners (shirt pulling, pushing etc). Its just that because a goal was scored (and subsequently disallowed) it becomes a highlight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i managed so score 4 ou 5 goals at first month of season, after that any corner is then disallowed, no matter if it's a goal or not. my corner takers are god and same goes for headers, it's always the same ****, my players will always push someone or pull someone, but then AI i never see AI doing this...

Scoring many corners and cant remember when what the last time i got one disallowed.

A small tips for corner kick in 8.0.1:

NOBODY - near post flick on (this one is bugged)

1 x Attack near post (Tall player)

1 x Attack far post (Tall player)

1 x Challenging GK (Tall player)

1 x Stand far post (Finisher)

1 x Attack ball from deep (Finisher)

1 x Outside area (Best long shotter)

1 x Forward (Attacker)

2 x Staying back (Small players, likely DR/DL)

1 x Corner Taker

With this setup you can see your players are well spread into the penalty area. No matter where your corner kick get in, there must be a few of your players in position to score. Also, this make the defensive team harder to mark your players, especially if you have more tall players then they do.

I hate to disagree with you and will probably get my head shot off for this, but the near post flick on is not bugged. It's just very very flawed, if it was bugged 100% of the attempts would go straight, but they dont.

I have scored from near post flick ons on a number of occations this seasonplaying with final 8.01 patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom L:

I hate to disagree with you and will probably get my head shot off for this, but the near post flick on is not bugged. It's just very very flawed, if it was bugged 100% of the attempts would go straight, but they dont.

I have scored from near post flick ons on a number of occations this seasonplaying with final 8.01 patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea the near post flick on is not Totally bugged but at least 3 out of 5 corners will be wasted if you have set someone on near post flick on.

So in order to make good use of every corner kick i will not put anyone at the near post flick on.

• 8 years later...
  • FrazT locked this topic

Archived