Closed Thread

Thread: goals disallowed at corners

hunchie

tried everything at corners every time i score it gets disallowed is this a bug or wot

hunchie

tried everything at corners every time i score it gets disallowed is this a bug or wot

Amateur

This is quite common when i get corners the goals always get disallowed for fouls my players have conceded. It needs fixing because it happens so many times.

Part-Timer

you make all the amateurs look really amateurish! the 8.0.1 patch willl fix this!

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...1/m/5902009263

Amateur

I've got the patch installed but still every goal scored by a header direct from a corner is disallowed.

Youth Team
    Wembley, Block 133, Row 23, Seat 296 - COME ON YOUR SPURRRRS!!!!

The patch doesnt fix this issue.

Also the amount of stupid off the ball fouls (wherre it would be easier to just get the ball) and shirt tugs/pushes is unbelievable.

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

quote:
    Originally posted by Gordon_J:
    I've got the patch installed but still every goal scored by a header direct from a corner is disallowed.

Must be something you're doing, because I lead the league each season in goals from corners, and don't remember the last one I had disallowed ...

Semi Pro

I've had very few disallowed from corners and not too many in my favour either !

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by SSGTroyer:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gordon_J:

Must be something you're doing, because I lead the league each season in goals from corners, and don't remember the last one I had disallowed ...

Hmmm must have a look at my tactics - maybe too many players in the one area?

Reserves

I'm using the latest patch, and EVERY time I score from a corner, it's disallowed for a foul. Strangely, this doesn't happen nearly as much if the ball goes wide or over rather than in. It's becoming extremely frustrating, especially as so many people seem to be claiming that the patch fixes it.

Part-Timer

Using patch.

Had this happen a lot in season one. Changed things up and brought in a new D C that flicks on near post.

Leading league with 5 goals from corners thru 15 games in L1.

So, I would suggest to anyone having issues to change some things up.

There are some good corner discussions rolling in tactics right now, too. Check them out.

Part-timer
    Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Planet Earth

I'd be happy just to score one, disallowed or not!!

To my knowledge I have only ever scored 1 goal from a corner on FM2008. I appreciate on previous versions it was far to esay to score from corners,but its done a 180 and is now near impossible.

I have some big players who can jump and head the ball, in fact I do win many headers from corners, but none ever even go on target. The corner always goes near post despite my instructions to "mix"

Reserves

For me, it's Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic getting penalised all the time. And for good measure, when they've not played, I've had it happen with Wes Brown, Jonny Evans and Gerard Pique too.

Part-Timer

quote:
    Originally posted by neil220779:
    I'd be happy just to score one, disallowed or not!!

To my knowledge I have only ever scored 1 goal from a corner on FM2008. I appreciate on previous versions it was far to esay to score from corners,but its done a 180 and is now near impossible.

I have some big players who can jump and head the ball, in fact I do win many headers from corners, but none ever even go on target. The corner always goes near post despite my instructions to "mix"

How good are the players taking the corners? Seems like you need pretty solid ones now.

Also, from experience, I think "mixed" puts most balls to the near post in the same way that "mixed" supply to the TM puts most to the head.

Banned

quote:
    Originally posted by hunchie:

agree ... my goals are disalowed too ... definitely a bug

Amateur

I dont believe its a bug. Attacking teams often give away free kicks from corners (shirt pulling, pushing etc). Its just that because a goal was scored (and subsequently disallowed) it becomes a highlight.

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by wylergnu:
    I dont believe its a bug. Attacking teams often give away free kicks from corners (shirt pulling, pushing etc). Its just that because a goal was scored (and subsequently disallowed) it becomes a highlight.

i managed so score 4 ou 5 goals at first month of season, after that any corner is then disallowed, no matter if it's a goal or not. my corner takers are god and same goes for headers, it's always the same ****, my players will always push someone or pull someone, but then AI i never see AI doing this...

hunchie

hey fatboy will try the download bet it disnae wurk

Amateur

I'm not using the patch, but i'd say around 60-70% of goals i 'score' from a corner are diasllowed.

Very annoying, and def a bug.

Amateur

Scoring many corners and cant remember when what the last time i got one disallowed.

A small tips for corner kick in 8.0.1:

NOBODY - near post flick on (this one is bugged)
    1 x Attack near post (Tall player)
    1 x Attack far post (Tall player)
    1 x Challenging GK (Tall player)
    1 x Stand far post (Finisher)
    1 x Attack ball from deep (Finisher)
    1 x Outside area (Best long shotter)
    1 x Forward (Attacker)
    2 x Staying back (Small players, likely DR/DL)

1 x Corner Taker

With this setup you can see your players are well spread into the penalty area. No matter where your corner kick get in, there must be a few of your players in position to score. Also, this make the defensive team harder to mark your players, especially if you have more tall players then they do.

Amateur

I hate to disagree with you and will probably get my head shot off for this, but the near post flick on is not bugged. It's just very very flawed, if it was bugged 100% of the attempts would go straight, but they dont.

I have scored from near post flick ons on a number of occations this seasonplaying with final 8.01 patch.

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by Tom L:
    I hate to disagree with you and will probably get my head shot off for this, but the near post flick on is not bugged. It's just very very flawed, if it was bugged 100% of the attempts would go straight, but they dont.

I have scored from near post flick ons on a number of occations this seasonplaying with final 8.01 patch.

Yea the near post flick on is not Totally bugged but at least 3 out of 5 corners will be wasted if you have set someone on near post flick on.

So in order to make good use of every corner kick i will not put anyone at the near post flick on.

Amateur

I've noticed that in the Premiership i always have goals disallowed direct from corners but any other competition there is not problem - maybe it's just conincidence though?

Amateur

I havent played in the prem on 08 yet, but in the championship i have plenty of goals from corners disallowed!!! They seem to be all from Darren Purse!

Closed Thread