AI teams sign injured players - I can't?

Playing as PSV, I made an offer for a player from Barcelona that I liked the look of. Barca reject my first offer but after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing we agreed on a price. I then offered the player a contract which he accepted. However between me offering the contract, and the player accepting, he got injured. His transfer was subseqently cancelled because he failed his medical. OK I understand he's injured so failed his medical, so transfer can't complete, fair enough.

There was only two weeks to go until the end of the transfer window and the player's injury would keep him out for at least six weeks so I looked at other targets instead. Then Real Madrid made an offer for the player. Waste of time I thought, as they won't be able to sign him because he's inujred. Sure enough, Barca accepted their offer, the player accepted their contract but the move was cancelled because the player failed his medical.

Then, with a week to go until the end of the window. Real Madrid made another offer, which Barca accepted. The player accepted Real's contract but this time the move was not cancelled and he has joined Real, despite still being injured. I am a little annoyed by this.

So what I'm wondering is why are Real allowed to sign injured players but I'm not?

I think you can sign injured players if they're out for less than a certain period, a month maybe?

Maybe that's it. His injury status now says he will be out for 3-4 weeks, but when I tried to sign him it was 5-6 weeks. So maybe that's why Real could sign him?

Archived