FM Habits?

Anybody have any odd FM habits - any things that you do, that don't really have any logical sense, or that you tend to do on every save you play.

My main one is that, at the start of the year when I need to submit squad numbers, I always give the number 42 to the most promising youngster. Any other promising players I buy over the year get the numbers 43, 44 and so on, up to 49. If I have a 49 player, I don't sign any more youngsters.

I also don't ever submit more than the required 16 numbers at the start of the season - I prefer to add numbers as players join the squad. And I always try to finish the season with the players numbered 1-11 as starting players - so I won't give a player one of the first 11 numbers unless I expect them to be playing regular first-team football at the end of the year.

So, there are mine. Anybody else have any odd habits?

Anybody have any odd FM habits - any things that you do, that don't really have any logical sense, or that you tend to do on every save you play.

My main one is that, at the start of the year when I need to submit squad numbers, I always give the number 42 to the most promising youngster. Any other promising players I buy over the year get the numbers 43, 44 and so on, up to 49. If I have a 49 player, I don't sign any more youngsters.

I also don't ever submit more than the required 16 numbers at the start of the season - I prefer to add numbers as players join the squad. And I always try to finish the season with the players numbered 1-11 as starting players - so I won't give a player one of the first 11 numbers unless I expect them to be playing regular first-team football at the end of the year.

So, there are mine. Anybody else have any odd habits?

I give 1 player number 99 every year, and its ALWAYS a different player. I don't know why I do it, and i have no reason for doing it, and the player that gets it is assigned it randomly.

I never have more than 25 players on me "first team squad page" .. if it goes to 26, 1 player will be sacraficed and moved to the reserves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I never have more than 25 players on me "first team squad page" .. if it goes to 26, 1 player will be sacraficed and moved to the reserves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the same as me, I prefer to just have my squad on 1 screen without having to scroll down for the rest of the players

yeah i have 24 members in the first team always. back up for each position and i always, always, number my players as such, regardless of what club i manage.

1: G

2: RB

3: LB

4: DM/CM

5: CB

6: CB

7: RW

8: CM/AM

9: CF/ST (the smaller of my two forwards)

10: ST (the target man)

11: LW

(players from now on ar not my 'first choice')

12: RB

13: GK

14: CB

15: RW

16: CM

17: LW

18: CM

19: LB

20: ST

23: CB

25: ST

30: reserve keeper.

35: Best Youth Keeper

38: Best Youth Defender

77: Best Youth Attacker

88: Best Youth Midfielder

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andrespringett:

yeah i have 24 members in the first team always. back up for each position and i always, always, number my players as such, regardless of what club i manage.

1: G

2: RB

3: LB

4: DM/CM

5: CB

6: CB

7: RW

8: CM/AM

9: CF/ST (the smaller of my two forwards)

10: ST (the target man)

11: LW

(players from now on ar not my 'first choice')

12: RB

13: GK

14: CB

15: RW

16: CM

17: LW

18: CM

19: LB

20: ST

23: CB

25: ST

30: reserve keeper.

35: Best Youth Keeper

38: Best Youth Defender

77: Best Youth Attacker

88: Best Youth Midfielder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I number my squad exactly the same way, with the exception of the no.69 star striker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

I also do the same as joeyt - have the player ratings screen up for the whole match when the key highlights aren't on show! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. I NEVER EVER don't look at "Human Stats" Screen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I NEVER EVER don't look at "Human Stats" Screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting grammatic construction.

Does that mean you never look at it? Or does it mean you always look at it?

Nice thread. If i ever play with a traditional "number 10" type player (very attacking playmaker amc) i always try to give him 21. I'm not really sure why, i think it has something to do with pablo aimar back in an old CM game but i could be wrong.

I also have a massive prejudice against any player once he turns 30, it's like a switch for me, <30 fine >30 too old. I try to ignore it in most games but any time i have the money to replace a player over 30 with one under 30 i can't help myself.

The only other one i can think of now is a friend of mine who i play with a lot cannot have the mouse cursor visible on screen during a match (he hides it off the side of the screen)

keep em coming, it's interesting to see all the weirdos out there! icon_wink.gif

i always have just enough players on screen so that i don't have to scroll down to see anyone. i also retrain all left footed youth midfielders to ML/AML

as for numbers, i give number 23 to either a striker, DMC or AMC, 18 is AMC only, 12, 13 or 27 for my second choice striker, and at least one promising youngster get a number from 11-26.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kn0xy:

I also have a massive prejudice against any player once he turns 30, it's like a switch for me, <30 fine >30 too old. I try to ignore it in most games but any time i have the money to replace a player over 30 with one under 30 i can't help myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i do this aswell i cant explain why but 30 says to me end of career starts here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danielgear:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kn0xy:

I also have a massive prejudice against any player once he turns 30, it's like a switch for me, <30 fine >30 too old. I try to ignore it in most games but any time i have the money to replace a player over 30 with one under 30 i can't help myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i always have at least 1 30+ in every position, depending on wether they have PPMs to pass on.

recently reloaded a barcelona game on fm07, kaka, robben, hargreaves, & xavi in my B team icon_biggrin.gif

i do this aswell i cant explain why but 30 says to me end of career starts here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danielgear:

i do this aswell i cant explain why but 30 says to me end of career starts here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

try again... i always have at least 1 30+ in every position, depending on wether they have PPMs to pass on.

recently reloaded a barcelona game on fm07, kaka, robben, hargreaves, & xavi in my B team icon_biggrin.gif

I use my #12 as multi-purpose players, e.g. Philip Lahm, Owen Hargreaves.

I give very skilled players the #25 shirt, e.g. if Gerrard or Lampard got the #8 shirt, somebody like Riquelme, Delgado, Totti would get #25.

I also give my strikers these numbers: #9, #19, #29, #39, #99. #99 is saved for if i get a top quality striker just before the transfer window shuts and my #9, #10 and #19 are already taken.

I've never retired a shirt but one day I intend to.

I always leave the player rating screen on when the match is on.

Keepers get #1, #13, #23, #31, #51.

Right backs #2, #22.

Left backs #3, #33.

Central defenders #4, #5, #14, #15.

Gotta be organised. icon_wink.gif

I always give #18 to my favourite player (not necessarily the best!) and then my best youth players get 80 onwards so I can spot them easily when I give them a first team game. And I never give my reserve goalie 13, they usually get 12 or another random number. I don't know why.

Also, when naming my subs for a match, I always put them in the order of most defensive, so;

S1: Sub keeper

S2: Sub defender

S3: Sub DM/ fullback

S4: Sub AM

S5: Sub Striker

I also do this for euro games, but I assign 6 and 7 to the next best players in the squad. If I accidentaly assign them incrrectly, even if I have chosen the five correct players, I have to rearrange them to my system.

I always try to sign players that can cover 2 positions for my 1st team 11, ie a defender DRC who is good in central defence but also as a right back or a WBL/ML who can cover left back or left midfield.

just to keep my first team squad down to the minimun players to avoid dropping players from the bench

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, when naming my subs for a match, I always put them in the order of most defensive, so;

S1: Sub keeper

S2: Sub defender

S3: Sub DM/ fullback

S4: Sub AM

S5: Sub Striker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh i do that too icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived