Tackling - URGH

How,

I have these stupid sliders up at full whack for tackling and closing down, and yet my players still don't make any attempts at making tackles. At full whack on both those bars there should be far too much closing down and tackling, not not enough.

These tactics are utter crap. I don't mind the fact I'm not doing very well - I like that, but I want the tactics to represent what I put into those useless sliders. If its at one end of the scale - it should be the EXTREME of that.

All of it really. Its not the fact that I want them tackling. I don't want players diving in at every oppertunity, because its risky. I want to get a balance, but these useless sliders that don't represent anything like what would happen in real life, and even then you put the sliders on the extreme, and they don't get it anywhere near right.

The fullbacks are an issue, but actually thats one of the places where I want them to make the player go around them. Its midfielders on the edge of the box. They roll up to the player on the ball, then let them skin it past them.

My tacking is brilliant. Slide tackles, muscling off the ball, all of it - 9.3.0 of course.

But then I'm in top flight football at the moment. Are you lower leagues? I know there can be some differences.

If you're reasonably high up I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. Unless you are seriously exaggerating things or haven't patched. I know 9.2.0 had the problem of attacking wing play, but now I can't see it.

I was at Hyde - but the problem seems to have gotten worse now that I'm at Southampton. (I'm on 9.3.0 btw).

I just can't get it how I want it. On the extreme's of closing down and tackling the players do one of two things. Either they just stand-off completely or they get near a player and then do nothing. As I said earlier, I don't want my players to close down all of the time, nor do I want them diving in, but the fact that I can't create that effect with both of the sliders at the extreme level annoyes me.

The more I write the more I'm feeling that the new champ man may be a worthwhile investment.

Archived