Transfers between Spanish clubs in Jan window.

I hope that 'general' is the right place for this...

*Dont' know if this is a bug

*I have searched and can't find anything similar (perhaps it's what words I'm searching aren't right)

*The rules have changed IRL and I've missed it completely

I am currently Barca and doing well but wanted a few more in.

So in December I started 'shopping' around and decided on 'Sisi' and a couple of others.

I wanted them in immediately (i.e Jan 1st 2009) but every single player at a Spanish club cannot be signed until the 1st of July 2009?

Anyone other player in the world can be signed as soon as the Jan window opens.

I can't work this out...in England we are able to sign who you like in the Jan window.

So, bug, change in rules for Spanish teams or something else?

IIRC,

A player cannot play for another Spanish club in the same season after he has made 5 league appearances in La Liga for his club.

I did think I'd read something like somewhere but didn't think that it "sounded right", you know what I mean?

I mean, what a stupid restriction...

I mean, what a stupid restriction...

not really, i think its a good rule. it stops the bigger teams buying players from the smaller teams just because theyre having a decent season, makes the league a bit more competitive imo

but it also stops the smaller teams from buying in a player who might help them.

Perhaps - but they could also give a chance to a player from a lower division - or someone who isn't able to break into the first team elsewhere.

Both are healthy for football and things to be encouraged - although the easier option would probably be getting in from abroad...

Archived