has anyone ever won anything or been very successful with all youth acedemy players

i managed to get my real madrid playing with all spanish players. all of them 16year old youths i bought & trained.

of my own youth team i say 3players in 10years have been worth 20million or over.

I have never actualy built a whole squad but from man united i brought d.welbeck and d.gibson.f.macheda through....i abbreivated there names as i know you are not allowed to mention full names

Actually you cant name their potential, or say how good they are and become.

Their names are allowed to be mentioned

Playing with Panathinaikos, all major league loaded...

In FM07, I reached the CL final with a team made of 4 x-academy players, 4 players that I had since the beginning of the career and 3 players bought as first teamers.

In FM08, I reached the UEFA Cup final with a mixed team of x-academy players and players I had since the start. 3 players bought in the first squad, again.

In FM09, I am only in my 5th season, so give me some time. Anyway, you can be successful by focusing in the academy, although you 'll probably need a couple of key players bought as well, especialy if you are not buying all the top youth in the game.

ok sorry stevie.yeah just to re-iterate my point just 3 youth players i have brought whilst other i have released as they never turn out to be any good.There is one youngster who is very good and thats henri saivet although he is likely to cost to bring him in

THAT is player naming Johny, he may be well known, but you may have spoilt it for any FM noobs.

*clap clap*

Out of all the players bought as youth or came through the Blackburn Acadamy, I have 6 in the first team with another 2 racing through the reserves although they are only 17/18 so may send them out on loan and have sold a few.

I tihnk Morecombe are loving haveing me as their parent club the ammount of wonderkids I send there after a few years to get first team experience, they are in the Championship as a result with a bit of money. Hope they don't get promoted like and have to find another Feeder club =[

done.I must say i do find it hard to bring through a big crop of players at a time

You dont have to bring them through at the same time.

Unless i am mistaken, the OP means success with players that have come through your academy.

they could be 26, it wouldn matter as long as they came out of your own youth system

Please correct me if i am wrong

Yes the op means bringing them through and having success at anytime im stating i find it hard to bring lots through at once.I understnad you could bring a couple through a season like i am orginally doing

I have bought a whole BUNCH of 17-19 year olds regens and made them my first team, several times. usually towards the end of a long career game.

I've only developed a handful of players from academy (properly homegrown not bought young)to first team.

If you really want to develope players manage arsenal who have had insanely good youth players from the start of every FM since 06.

If you could just edit the post, you will rectify your mistake.

and you should edit your post with the quote in it as well.

I admit that I scout potential of my own players with 3rd party tools and basically other than 1 out of ten my high potential youth never ever seems to get close to fulfil their potential. Too much emphasis on first team experience I think.. training doesn't take your players anywhere...

i have won the carling cup as arsenal with my 100% regen group of 15-17 year olds. it had players from all over: 3 from finland, 2 from greece, 3 from czech republic, 1 each from switzerland, germany, france, portugal, south africa, south korea and japan. and yes i do spend a lot of time scouting :p

I tried this on 9.2 with Bologna and it only took me 3 seasons to go from nothing to an ALL Italian u21 international Copa Italia winning team. Which was hard because for two full seasons we went nowhere fast and I would constantly tweak my tactics to no avail.

The following season we finished 4th in Serie A and won the EUFA cup before I wiped the save to begin a fresh career on 9.3.

My advice? Go for it! However, don't be tempted to use a young goalkeeper, that just doesn't work at all!

i must admit i am a bit ashamed, i haven't brought more then one player through my academy as arsenal who have got games consistantly, the one was R.murphy in 8.0.2, then again i haven't played much as arsenal this time around, only a season, i wil try to bring a few through this time, but i always mess up their chances by bringing in better youth...

Archived