+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 50 of 50

Thread: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

  1. #1
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    3rd April 2007
    Location
    Serps lives on, in the hearts and minds of all of us.
    Posts
    17,751

    Default Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    I have just installed the 9.0.3 patch and have started a new save with Man Utd, I got to the number selection and it says that Park's favoured number is 7. Was this also the case in previous patches? And also, why is this his favoured number?

  2. #2
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    I don't know if it was like this on previous patches, but I expect that is his favoured number because that is the number he wears when he plays for S. Korea

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    29th November 2007
    Location
    psn: golfpunk666
    Posts
    11,956

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    I'm not sure if it was the case in previous patches but maybe it's his favoured number because that is his number when he plays for South Korea or it may even be his lucky number for some reason or another

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2008
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by golfpunk View Post
    I'm not sure if it was the case in previous patches but maybe it's his favoured number because that is his number when he plays for South Korea or it may even be his lucky number for some reason or another
    yep, it's true. His korea number, and he deserves the number 7 wherever he goes!

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th February 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    The favoured numbers have changed between patches, and different games in patch 9.0.3
    I don't know about park ji sung, but I have noticed that Carlos Cuellar first off didnt have a favoured number, and now its 5.
    Secondly, I've noticed that Oscar Ustari's favoured number was 23, and now its 1..
    Seems to me that it purely is random..

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th December 2007
    Location
    Up north where it's cold.
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    On patch 9.0.2 aiden mcgeady's preffered number was 7.

  7. #7
    Third Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2008
    Location
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulston View Post
    The favoured numbers have changed between patches, and different games in patch 9.0.3
    I don't know about park ji sung, but I have noticed that Carlos Cuellar first off didnt have a favoured number, and now its 5.
    Secondly, I've noticed that Oscar Ustari's favoured number was 23, and now its 1..
    Seems to me that it purely is random..
    Pretty sure it can't be random, seeing as if you look up players in the editor, some of them have preferred numbers set, plus you can set them yourself. Therefore they are in the DB at the start of each game and as such, not random at all

  8. #8

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulston View Post
    The favoured numbers have changed between patches, and different games in patch 9.0.3
    I don't know about park ji sung, but I have noticed that Carlos Cuellar first off didnt have a favoured number, and now its 5.
    Secondly, I've noticed that Oscar Ustari's favoured number was 23, and now its 1..
    Seems to me that it purely is random..
    Nah, I just think the newer ones are corrections. Generally, they all make sense.

  9. #9
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,900

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by golfpunk View Post
    I'm not sure if it was the case in previous patches but maybe it's his favoured number because that is his number when he plays for South Korea or it may even be his lucky number for some reason or another
    Also the number he had when he played for PSV.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th February 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    Pretty sure it can't be random, seeing as if you look up players in the editor, some of them have preferred numbers set, plus you can set them yourself. Therefore they are in the DB at the start of each game and as such, not random at all
    ahh ok, should of realised that it could be something that could be edited..

    and in reply to Scouse from the south, if they are corrections then I don't know how they have come about them. Cuellar hasnt been number 5 since he left spain, and was 24 at rangers also so thats a bit odd.
    and also the players that most definitely have preferred numbers eg. Nigel Reo-Coker (20) arent set as having a preferred number..
    Nigel Reo-Coker has been number 20 at MK Dons, West Ham and now Villa..
    anyway it doesn't make a difference to the gameplay... I was simply making an observation.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulston View Post
    and in reply to Scouse from the south, if they are corrections then I don't know how they have come about them. Cuellar hasnt been number 5 since he left spain, and was 24 at rangers also so thats a bit odd.
    and also the players that most definitely have preferred numbers eg. Nigel Reo-Coker (20) arent set as having a preferred number..
    Nigel Reo-Coker has been number 20 at MK Dons, West Ham and now Villa..
    anyway it doesn't make a difference to the gameplay... I was simply making an observation.
    If he wore number 5 at all of the clubs that he played for in Spain, then that's enough reason to warrent it really, as I think it increases the likelyhood of him getting that number if he's transfered. Not sure about the Reo-Coker example, looks like SI have just missed that one.

    Certainly all of the favoured numbers that I've seen come up in my Liverpool game have made perfect sense though.

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th February 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScouseFromTheSouth View Post
    If he wore number 5 at all of the clubs that he played for in Spain, then that's enough reason to warrent it really, as I think it increases the likelyhood of him getting that number if he's transfered. Not sure about the Reo-Coker example, looks like SI have just missed that one.

    Certainly all of the favoured numbers that I've seen come up in my Liverpool game have made perfect sense though.
    well yeah like I said it's not a huge issue. Good to see some sensible discussion going on though.

  13. #13
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    24th November 2005
    Location
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?
    Posts
    3,790

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    In some oriental cultures 8 is considered lucky, I am pleased that not all players from these areas want to be 8 as that would be silly, though probably "accurate".

  14. #14
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    16th November 2004
    Location
    in a Kuwaiti wonderland
    Posts
    4,003

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Pardon my ignorance but where can you see the players preferred number in game? Or are you talking about in the editor?

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    612

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but where can you see the players preferred number in game? Or are you talking about in the editor?
    When you have to submit squad numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr m View Post
    On patch 9.0.2 aiden mcgeady's preffered number was 7.
    It was 10 I think.

  16. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    20th November 2004
    Location
    Crawley Town Researcher (don't judge)
    Posts
    10,151

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    This might be better in the Data forum, but while we're on the subject, I was surprised to see that David Beckham's favoured number was 23, when it's quite obviously 7.

  17. #17
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    7th August 2008
    Location
    Micado is the oracle though...he'll see us right. Originally Posted by Why?
    Posts
    15,253

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harryseaess View Post
    I have just installed the 9.0.3 patch and have started a new save with Man Utd, I got to the number selection and it says that Park's favoured number is 7. Was this also the case in previous patches? And also, why is this his favoured number?
    Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    I don't know if it was like this on previous patches, but I expect that is his favoured number because that is the number he wears when he plays for S. Korea
    Park wears NO7 shirt when playing for S. Korea and he got this number during his time at PSV.

  18. #18
    Reserves
    Join Date
    26th February 2001
    Posts
    14,479

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by GillsMan View Post
    This might be better in the Data forum, but while we're on the subject, I was surprised to see that David Beckham's favoured number was 23, when it's quite obviously 7.
    debatable really. he's not wore 7 for a club side since united and has had 23 at madrid and LA.

  19. #19
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    11th February 2007
    Location
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.
    Posts
    5,156

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by DP View Post
    debatable really. he's not wore 7 for a club side since united and has had 23 at madrid and LA.
    I believe that's simply because the number 7 shirt was already taken at the clubs before he arrived. Was hardly going to take number 7 away from Raul was he?

    I'm sure if he'd had the choice he'd have picked 7.

  20. #20
    Reserves
    Join Date
    26th February 2001
    Posts
    14,479

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    I believe that's simply because the number 7 shirt was already taken at the clubs before he arrived. Was hardly going to take number 7 away from Raul was he?

    I'm sure if he'd had the choice he'd have picked 7.
    maybe but he chose 23 as it was michael jordans famous number. he then went on to use this at LA so it's obviously a number he likes, hence its representation in the game.

    even at milan he chose 32 (23 backwards) so it's definitely a number that's close to him.

  21. #21
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    11th February 2007
    Location
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.
    Posts
    5,156

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Not disagreeing at all, I can see why 23 is listed as his favourite number. Just pointing out that the number 7 has been taken at every club he's moved to since Man Utd (including AC Milan) Had that not been the case he might not have ever got into this 23 business at all.

  22. #22
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Personally i would give Park Ji-Sung number 7 instead of Ronaldo. It's not like cristiano ronaldo is the kind of player to chuck a tantrum over something so small.

  23. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    20th November 2004
    Location
    Crawley Town Researcher (don't judge)
    Posts
    10,151

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by DP View Post
    debatable really. he's not wore 7 for a club side since united and has had 23 at madrid and LA.
    He has the number 7 tattooed on his arm, so that'd be my guess, but I do agree that 23 is a number close to him, but I'd still have 7 as his favourite.

  24. #24
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th January 2009
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    Personally i would give Park Ji-Sung number 7 instead of Ronaldo. It's not like cristiano ronaldo is the kind of player to chuck a tantrum over something so small.
    IIRC he actually wanted number 28 because that's what he wore at Sporting, but Ferguson talked him into taking Beckham's old #7.

  25. #25
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    29th August 2008
    Posts
    16,510

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Yep thats true.

  26. #26
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th November 2008
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopy D View Post
    Not disagreeing at all, I can see why 23 is listed as his favourite number. Just pointing out that the number 7 has been taken at every club he's moved to since Man Utd (including AC Milan) Had that not been the case he might not have ever got into this 23 business at all.
    Yeah, I don't think anyone at the LA Galaxy was going to stop him from getting #7 if that was what he wanted. And if they did try to stop him, he would likely just buy them a car or something, considering most of the MLS guys don't make a whole lot of money.

  27. #27
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Rex Bishop View Post
    IIRC he actually wanted number 28 because that's what he wore at Sporting, but Ferguson talked him into taking Beckham's old #7.
    That's true but how do you think Ronaldo would react now if number 7 was given to Park Ji-sung?

  28. #28
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Well not at Man U but he is for south korea.

  29. #29
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th June 2008
    Location
    England, Yaaaapton
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    I do, I think his work rate is exceptional, isn't the most talented footballer but gives his everything

  30. #30
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th May 2007
    Location
    I Killed Amanda Palmer
    Posts
    379

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyboy View Post
    yes he is like the dirk kuyt of liverpool....

    The Dirk Kuyt of Liverpool would be Dirk Kuyt.

  31. #31
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    12th August 2003
    Location
    6411996276
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by GillsMan View Post
    He has the number 7 tattooed on his arm, so that'd be my guess, but I do agree that 23 is a number close to him, but I'd still have 7 as his favourite.
    I rekon player's favoured numbers should change over time.

    7 was definately beckham's preferred number when he was at united and just after - but I thnk he'd stick with 23 if given the option now...

    I think after a long and sucessful spel with a number - that could change their preference.

    Would be great to see former players keeping their numbers when they moved to different clubs...

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Romford,Essex
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Park is shocking though.

  33. #33
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2008
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    678

    Wink Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwestham1478 View Post
    Park is shocking though.
    How can anyone say Park is shocking?

    One, he isn't the most gifted of players ill agree with but his work rate is awsome (as stated above )

    Two, he is a Manchester united player, Man City or Liverpool fans must agree that any player who wears a Man Utd shirt cannot be shocking, look at the success that Man Utd has had under ferguson, i dont think he would continue to field a shocking player let alone play a shocking player in important games.

    Three, his attitude is brilliant, after taking a bad tackle he just gets up and continues the game, he gives his all for the shirt.

    Four, he gets many assists and the old goal which will always benefit the team

  34. #34
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2008
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Park is a massively underrated player imho, yeah he has a great workrate - he also has great control and technique of the ball but doesn't get to prove this regularly for Man U as they have such a big squad.. I'd love him to play for Liverpool myself and I sign him quite a bit on FM even though he is underrated on that too

  35. #35
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    11th February 2007
    Location
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.
    Posts
    5,156

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Just a shame he can't finish like he did today on a regular basis, then he'd be even better

  36. #36
    Reserves
    Join Date
    11th July 2008
    Location
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
    Posts
    10,508

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr m View Post
    On patch 9.0.2 aiden mcgeady's preffered number was 7.
    When he signed a new contract at the beginning of the season he asked for number 7 but like a week earlier Scott McDonald signed a new contract and asked for number 7 first. Guess who is number 7 now? SKIPPY, SKIPPY, THE HUNS HATE YOU NOW!

  37. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Romford,Essex
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Im only going on highlights im not a man utd fan but when ever i see him on highlights and that hes ****, i go west ham home and away so i suppose that im ignorant to some underated players. Watching him today i take back that he is shocking nice goal nice finish but i have seen him sky loads of shots on highlights and never seen him do anything to make me change my mind.

  38. #38
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th October 2006
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Do newgens have favoured numbers?

  39. #39
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    7th February 2003
    Location
    Southampton Researcher
    Posts
    20,143

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Nick the Man Utd researcher would have done this. If you think it is wrong then ask him in the Man Utd data forum.

  40. #40
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th February 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Often on my saves, when i am not playing with United, Park gets number 7 before second season, while Ronaldo with 12 or something like that.

    Pretty ridiqulous.

  41. #41
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th February 2009
    Posts
    662

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by aemud View Post
    Do newgens have favoured numbers?
    erm dont think

    but i think they should
    would be a nice little addition

  42. #42
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd March 2008
    Location
    Dùn Èideann
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Brown View Post
    Often on my saves, when i am not playing with United, Park gets number 7 before second season, while Ronaldo with 12 or something like that.

    Pretty ridiqulous.
    Exact same thing has happened to me. Park gets 7 after the first season, and Ronaldo moves to 12. Always makes me chuckle.

  43. #43
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th September 2008
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    Re park's workrate. I would try incredibly hard, but still, no premiership clubs seem interested in my services!

  44. #44
    Reserves
    Join Date
    20th May 2006
    Location
    Prettier than Luke Chadwick... Just
    Posts
    10,156

    Default Re: Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

    I'm in 2010 on FM09 and I've just noticed that Park Ji-Sung and Cristiano Ronaldo have switched numbers! So stupid.

    Numbers are really screwed up. When you leave a club, all the players' numbers seem to switch around for no apparent reason. This doesn't happen in real life! You might conceivably get one or two changes, but not wholesale ones.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts