+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Career Game Improvements

First Team Regular

Lightbulb Suggestion: Career Game Improvements

Now there is a large proportion of people who enjoy the wham, bam, thankyou maam approach to playing FM. They want to jump in quickly have some fun, play a couple of season with their favourite team and be done.

Also, as we know, there is a large section of the community who enjoy long career games. Whether it's with one club or spanning a host of different clubs and international positions.

I feel very strongly that there is not enough emphasis on these sort of career games. There is very little in terms of tracking your career, rewarding your successes and penalising the failures. Each season with the same club, each new job with the same manager, carries over such little relevance to what you've played already that it's like starting a new game each time, I really think there's a huge scope for development in this area that would make me (and I'm sure many other) very happy.

The best we have at the moment is what is available in the Manager Overview section, which really is just a log of certain events, most of which have little to no baring to anything that happens in game.

A few idea that I feel would help:

1. Favoured Personnel

I really think this great idea needs to be implemented correctly. At the moment it seems very half-done and is basically the biggest indictation that we have had a successful saved game. It's not a complicated request, but if I've taken Witton Albion to 40 years of Premiership trophies, I expect to be a legend, even after I've left the club. I also expect to be on a lot of players and staffs favourite personnel list.

Expanding the idea even further would be the opportunity to comment on your previous clubs affairs in the same way that current legends comment on your transfers/big games.

2. Expansion of relationship with other Managers

Feels you two could be friends/Has a fairly poor opinion of you just doesn't cut the mustard as far as immersion goes. There should be rivalries (possibly leading to new club rivalries as a result), proper friendships, more mind-games, more taunting, more rants, more praise, more respect. It's all part of the media circus that the nation knows and loves about the modern game, and it really should be included.

3. A simple "Achievements" screen

Achievements that show what you did and who you did it with (i.e. "Won 3 Champions Cups with Manchester City") and those achievements are referred too in other sections of the game. There is currently some limited parts of this, again it's something that I think could be expanded quite a bit. Press conferences before a final with the media asking "Are you looking forward to winning the 4th Champions cup of your career?" etc.

4. A career confidence bar

Expanded on in another thread, but as well as the current confidence bars that reset each season, have a set that relate to your career as a whole with your current club. Players, competitions, successes and failures.

5. Manager stats/attributes

I'm my own manager, how I play the game is totally different to my mates and there should be some attributes and stats that relate to that. The ones that exist currently again seem half-implemented and don't seem to work correctly (e.g. preferred marking style ont he personal screen).

I would love to see a set of number than breaks down what I'm like as a manager, I'd like number to say that I'm a wheeler and dealer in the transfer market, I please the media and I'm quite angry in the dressing room. I also want it to show what my current favourite formation is as well as playing style.

I think it would be fantastic if these attributes and stats related to other game content too. Media/Other Manager comments about me and my personality and my preferred playing style. This is in already in a very limited fashion and could be expanded on.

6. The Manager dot!

I want to show on the sidelines during games and my players run over and hug me when they score if they like me!

Number 1 is a must have for me, I need some sense of recorded achievement to really make me feel like I'm enjoying the game. I don't think many of the above would require too much effort vs the reward they would give to the players in terms of immersion and sense of achievement.
    Last edited by CaptainPlanet; 03-03-2009 at 19:51.

Reserves

Default Re: Suggestion: Career Game Improvements

Good post, i think that is exactly what is needed for the game, and it gives another reason to keep going in the game, when people are disheartened by their current save, i know for a fact that i wouldn't quit so many saves if i knew i could become a legend with a lot of hard work.

Third Team
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....

If this is the kind of post you make after coming back from a ban, I think you should get banned more often CP

All fantastic ideas IMO, but, for me, 1-3 are all absolute musts for inclusion in the game at some point in the, hopefully near, future. Whilst all 6 of these would increase immersion into the world of the game, those 3 are ones that really would make things feel much more real

Top work CP

Youth Team
    Blackpool - Steam ID: alexbarnsley, PSN ID - barns5

i really like all these ideas mate, all the games i start are always a carear game where i choose a few leagues pick up a random team and just go for it, always trying to do the best, i took peterbrough recently to the champions league and i didnt feel much from it like hardly any news items saying what a good job ive done etc, ive also never been on a clubs favoured personal or anything like that. Also i think there should be a few more features in the manager profile, just a feature like say you are managing team a, and you play 100 win 40 lose 60 then you leave club, play as team b win 45 lose 5 then on your manager stats i know theres something that says overall carear stats but what would be good was if it showed say a list of clubs you been at with that record instead of your current club and overall. Example

Blackpool - Played 10 Won 10 - left 2009
    Bayern - Played 350 Won 100 Lost 100 Drew 150 - Current Club

Overall - Etc

Get the point just anice little thing i would like to see instead of just current and overall stats i would like to know how ive done at each club in a list somewhere in my profile. Little features with stats like this make me love the game more.

Also would love the manager dot would love to see me running on the pitch after a final when my keeper saves the winning pen and gets a pile on....

Banned

I agree with number 1 without a shadow of a doubt. I see alot of people on these forums who have had very long, successful careers and still aren't favoured personnel at the club they have brought all the success too.

I also like the idea of number 2 with the manager interaction being expanded and more in depth. The rivalries thing would be a nice addition also. I'm sure Man Utd and Arsenal weren't really that big rivals before the Wenger - Fergie years!?

Number 3 would be a nice touch to have on your manager profile screen or as another tab etc.

Number 5 doesn't really bother me that much as I know myself how well I'm doing as a manager without having to see if my attributes as a manager are increasing/decreasing. However, another nice idea - especially the one about the favoured formation that would coincide with the style of play you like to adopt.

And finally.....number 6 would be a fun thing and I would like it if SI maybe include this in future versions of the game. It can't take up that much man hours to introduce, surely?

Overall, some nice ideas CaptainPlanet

Semi Pro

I feel I should write something saying I dont like one of your suggestions CP but I cant because they are all brilliant.

What you have summed up there is for me the main things I would like to see worked on, improved or added for fm2010 and beyond. I didnt really career games before this year but I am enjoying my one this year and will continue to in future years. The things you have suggested are all great ideas that would bring more enjoyment and involvement in a long term game.

Oh and welcome back

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

Witton Albion to 40 years or Premiership trophies
    You mean 'of' Sorry, had to be picky

Great post mate, I've got to say that I agree with all of these.

1. I like these idea's, I would also like to have clubs and players added to my favored persons after a while. For example, if I put Arsenal as my favoredclub at the start, and play as Fisher Athletic, I would love to see Fisher added to my favorite clubs without doing it myself. I wouldn't mind seeing Tommy McMadeup added to my favored personel after 15 seasons of being a rock in my defence.

2. A sort of Benitez thing is needed imo, being able to seriously criticise other managers. It would add a personal thing to the game, and allow you to feel like a real manager rather than a gamer.

3. I like this idea, I can't see it being incredibly hard to implement but I think it would be an interesting addition. I would love to see everything I have won, without having to search through 'Nobby Peters appointed vice captain' and other information like that.

4. I'm not completely sure what you mean by this. Do you mean, like, one extra bar on the confidence section, saying about the board confidence about your entire career? If so, is this not covered in 'Overall Confidence'?

5. I also like this. I would like to see the right side of normal manager's attributes in my profile, as well as the ones we already have.

6. Love it. Should have been implemented by now, as everyone would love it!

Good post mate, and welcome back

Youth Team

Great post CP!

And, I could not agree more as these would make my career games alot better.

Reserves

Fantastic post CaptainPlanet and I agree 100%. I don't know what more to say as you have covered many things that I would love to see implemented. The biggest problem for me is that when I move a club, it does indeed feel like I have started a new game with the 'real players' box unticked.

Great stuff.

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

All good suggestions IMO, especially points 1 & 2.

As for the "mini-me" on the touchline, I like that too, but only if it comes with a selection of clothing... for me it would have to be the fat cigar and the sheepskin coat

Semi Pro
    FMS Awards 2011 Winner of Best Story from a Celtic Nation for Jumping Through Hoops

Loving all those ideas, I would also like to add one of my own as well. What about building a 'back room team'. How many managers insist on bringing their own staff in when they move clubs? Certainly all the big managers. So why not on FM?

Lets say you are managing Juvenus and leave to take the Manchester United job. Why not have an option that says 'I'll take the job but I want to bring my back room staff with me' and then you get to choose which staff come with you. Maybe on the basis that the staff will come if the job is high rep enough and you are favoured personnel with the member of staff.

Your staff would have to decide whether or not to come with you and equally the Manchester United board would need to decide if they were willing to pay compensation to the current staff members and the associated costs of hiring the new staff.

Hope that makes sense and that CP doesn't think I've hijacked his thread.

Amateur

tottally agree with all points barring point 6 that for me is pointless

but 1 to 5 gets a definate thumbs up

Reserves

This can be done if the staff have you on their favoured personnel list if i remember correctly.

Unless you mean your former backroom staff as a unit?????

Semi Pro
    FMS Awards 2011 Winner of Best Story from a Celtic Nation for Jumping Through Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_j10 View Post
    This can be done if the staff have you on their favoured personnel list if i remember correctly.

Unless you mean your former backroom staff as a unit?????
    Yes taking the team as a unit, or selected members of the team as a unit

Part-Timer

Fantastic post CP, I, myself enjoy career style games, and you're spot on saying somethings missing.

Would be great just to see a couple of these implemented, the more, the merrier, etc..

Amateur

Great post, great ideas!
    SortitoutSI ah no ImplementitinSI

Part-timer

Now, these ideas would make a carrer game so much better! Any single of these ideas

Third Team

Is this a list of ideas you've seen before and liked?

Amateur

All excellent ideas and I hope SI have a look at them.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_1967 View Post
    Loving all those ideas, I would also like to add one of my own as well. What about building a 'back room team'. How many managers insist on bringing their own staff in when they move clubs? Certainly all the big managers. So why not on FM?

Lets say you are managing Juvenus and leave to take the Manchester United job. Why not have an option that says 'I'll take the job but I want to bring my back room staff with me' and then you get to choose which staff come with you. Maybe on the basis that the staff will come if the job is high rep enough and you are favoured personnel with the member of staff.

Your staff would have to decide whether or not to come with you and equally the Manchester United board would need to decide if they were willing to pay compensation to the current staff members and the associated costs of hiring the new staff.

Hope that makes sense and that CP doesn't think I've hijacked his thread.
    This is a great idea, I would like the current exodus of staff thing to be expanded into having your own backroom staff team to bring in.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post

4. I'm not completely sure what you mean by this. Do you mean, like, one extra bar on the confidence section, saying about the board confidence about your entire career? If so, is this not covered in 'Overall Confidence'?
    Overall confidence is based on the other bars and is also reset at the start of each season - it's certainly not indicative of a 10 year spell at the club and it's not split down to cover individual sections such as player signings and competition success.

Amateur

What a cracking thread. Having read through, i agree with all of the suggestions here, and i have often felt slightly disillusioned that the Manager Overview screen really does nothing for me. Personally i love a game starting at the bottom tier, so to actually have the relationships and reputation grow and actually change things in the ways you have suggested would be brilliant to see.

I wholeheartedly support this thread!!!!

Reserves

Fully agree with 1-5, not too fussed about 6 but hardly an idea worth criticizing either.

Number 4 and 1 are the crucial ones for me. There's been a few times I've had a great career with a club, then one dodgy season and I'm out the door and nobody even remembers my name the following week. I'm sure if, say, Wenger finishes 5th this season, he'll still be at Arsenal next season, and even if he wasn't, he'd be popular and remembered as somebody who overachieved considering how little he spent.

Amateur

Brilliant idea and I think that would make a long career all the more worthwhile!

Also agree with Kain, nothing is more frustrating than having success for like 5 years, then have a bad run and you suddenly see yourself booted out.

Amateur

All good ideas. With regards to point 2 in CP's post it would be good if there were extra transfer/loan options available between managers that you build up friendships with. For example sending and receiving players on loan between managers in the same way we can with feeder/parent clubs. This happens IRL quite a bit (e.g. Steve Bruce and Wenger). Also the ability to ask fellow managers about potential transfer targets.

Really like the idea of being able to take backroom staff with you when you move jobs too!

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

I agree completely. There are definitely a few areas that need a bit more focus to enrich the career experience and should be relatively simple to implement. I think the Icons/legends area is something that needs a lot of work anyway. If Phil Neville is rated as an Icon for Man Utd, then my captain who has won World footballer of the year five times leading my side to an unparalelled domination of the Premiership and Champions league is a God!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 04-03-2009 at 12:45.

First Team Squad Member

Great ideas - 100% agreement.

Amateur

I'd like to see the 'mini-me' run onto the pitch at full time and do a little dance like David Pleat did. All good ideas that would enhance our enjoyment.

Reserves

It seems this thread cannot be ignored by SI!

What CP has done is clearly take the features members find most annoying and feel they could be expanded, and put them into one constructive post.

Well done CP

Amateur

This is exactly the kind of stuff I’ve been thinking about, little touches that would make the game much better.

I was also thinking they should expand the starting reputation. Instead of just giving you the basic option of International footballer, professional footballer etc etc etc you should be able to define your playing history and give yourself more of a background such as:

Solid centre back who played for West Ham his whole career
    Flamboyant winger who played at the top across Europe
    Billy Nobody who has worked in the backroom at Woking for 10 years
    Career ended by injury at his prime but has now completed coaching badges

etc etc etc. This could also effect the clubs you can manage, if you spent you playing career in the lower leagues you are hardly going to come in and manage Man U, its a minor thing really and could be optional, I just think it would give you as a manager more background and give more variety to the media section too...

Amateur

I agree with everyone above me. This really can't be ignored. It would add so much more to the game.

Well done CP

Third Team

A few cosmetic features here, but they would be fun, and a good achievement to get.

1: Have a statue made of you (Before game you could set your weight and height, so that you don't get a statue of some anorexic you when in reality you are a 10 tonne brick house)

2: Get a part of the stadium named after you (In my case, Griffin End)

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DanGLiverpool View Post
    A few cosmetic features here, but they would be fun, and a good achievement to get.

1: Have a statue made of you (Before game you could set your weight and height, so that you don't get a statue of some anorexic you when in reality you are a 10 tonne brick house)

2: Get a part of the stadium named after you (In my case, Griffin End)
    I'd like these as additional news items

Third Team

Yeah, you could imagine "Player X scores a screamer from 35 yards, winning the game at the last moment, and runs to the fans at Planet Stand"

First Team Regular

Agreed CP

Amateur

Excellent, well thought out post CP

I would like to see all of them, but feel 1, 2, 3 and 5 are the most important and should be looked at in the immediate future hopefully. I don't really play the 'big team' games and 95% of the time I go for a career game so your points would really add to my enjoyment of the game and hopefully a lot of other players enjoyment too.

Amateur

This thread has lots of good ideas....I hope the right people view it.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DanGLiverpool View Post
    Yeah, you could imagine "Player X scores a screamer from 35 yards, winning the game at the last moment, and runs to the fans at Planet Stand"
    I actually think introducing the current stands would be worthwhile, rather than just the stadium names.

Third Team

Creating more immersion by whatever means is one of the main roads to go imho as well. There are many ways which would lead away from the spreadsheet feel the game can at times have back to the feeling of immersion which I felt back in the CM days. Being informed about what's going on around you in a better way than now is one part, but having a more personal record about one's career is certainly also a very good way to achieve this.

So I love the suggestions, all of them (some would be more important than others of course)

Imho the game in its present state does not need too many fancy new features if the little things which add up to a feeling of immersion are improved a lot (and tactics...). Then it would be immensely rewarding to play the game.

First Team Regular

It's more than just a bit of immersion to me, it's reward for all the hardwork people have put in! Self recognition and patting yourself on the back just isn't enough for me!

Amateur

Great ideas in this thread! I like the idea suggested about expanding on the relationships with other managers and players so that as a lower club your friendship with a premiership manager could pay off and get a good loan signing.
    Your past players could become managers and respect you. The likes of Steve Bruce would rather deal with Ferguson than some guy from Real Madrid due to player-manager relationships

Love the idea about players running over to hug you when they score. Made me smile would be an awsome addition to the game.

Great posts / ideas all keep up the good work and lets hope SI/Sega see this

Part-timer

Definite +1 on all the ideas presented.

Amateur

Loving all these ideas. The one I'd add, that's bugged me for years, is the ability to set your hometown; clearly the game has this enormous database of places, so it should be possible to set one of those as you hometown rather than leaving it blank.

Amateur

have to agree, we NEED more of this kind of thing. please reward us in the game with some nice features like those mentioned above.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by FMADDICT69 View Post
    have to agree, we NEED more of this kind of thing. please reward us in the game with some nice features like those mentioned above.
    This thread perfectly illustrates what people want in FM2010, and how over the last few versions SI seem to have lost their way a bit, and that the game has started to stagnate to a certain extent.

Surely the guys at SI shouldn't need us to tell them what is missing from the game.
    Maybe they are just 'too close' and can't see 'the woods for the trees' so to speak.

Any one of the ideas in the OP are far better than the ill-thought out and implemented, repetitive press conferences in FM2009.

Hopefully one of the MODS or SI guys on here will read the OP and put a team to work straight away on putting them into FM2010!!!!!!!!

Third Team

SI know that it helps them to get that much feedback as they do one here, no worries

I hope they realize that the game has got worse (or maybe just not improved as much as in other areas) in all those little aspects mentioned in here and those related which add up to this feeling of immersion which many seem to have lost.

First Team Regular

Thanks for all the agreement all

Amateur

Couldn't agree more. A big fat +1 from me.

Semi Pro

I would like to see more detail with the manager profile for sure. Also favoured personnel in the personal screen. If using a third party editor you can see that we do get players and managers we like so why cant it show up on our screen

Amateur

Definately bring the dot in straight away. When Ji Sung Park scored against Portugal in 2002, he ran straight to Gus The Hiddink. I would love to see a player

who I am a favoured personnal of, run to me after they score would look mad ^^.

Amateur

I agree with all except number 6 which doesn't bother me.

Amateur

i would like the manager dot to yell at the 4th official and also yell at the opposing manager dot if it's a manager dot he dislikes or they're screaming for a penalty or booking or a dive,etc....

lots of good ideas in this thread that would definitely help with the immersion factor.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by devilgunner View Post
    i would like the manager dot to yell at the 4th official and also yell at the opposing manager dot if it's a manager dot he dislikes or they're screaming for a penalty or booking or a dive,etc...
    How you'd quite animate a dot to show it's yelling, I don't know

Amateur

1. Favoured Personnel

Most definite yes! No reason for this not to be in the game.

2. Expansion of relationship with other Managers

I agree, however this should be an additional option, it shouldn't be necessary to have a good save.

Yes, this has always been something that's annoyed me.

4. A career confidence bar

No point.

Again, yes.

6. The Manager dot!

No point.

Third Team

Brilliant stuff, Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobgob View Post
    4. A career confidence bar - No point.
    There is a point, actually. The current Confidence bar is very much a "What have you done for me lately" approach. Yes, it does seem modern football has that attitude often .. but then you also see long-term legends like Sir Alex. When we're talking about 20-season save games, that's the sort of character we're talking about ... and yeah, at that point, I think a career confidence bar adds a lot.

It sort of hints towards the Club Legend status that I've proposed elsewhere - in which, basically, if your achievements dramatically exceed the club's reputation when you first took over, then you've achieved a sort of permanent Legend status with the club. In my suggestion, boards would be willing to "write off" one season of failed expectations as bad luck / injury crisis / rebuilding .. board takeovers would find it impossible to sack you because of the fan backlash .. and you'd be able to be sacked / resign / accept a different job without falling off the Club Favorites list.

Its a pretty simple set that I was asking for, but I think C.P.'s idea gives that a lot more depth than I was thinking of, and Gypsum's follow-on post about Iconic players is equally valuable for that continued-immersion-after-20-years factor.

6. The Manager dot! - No point.
    Umm... we have the fourth official dot and two physio dots .. how is the manager dot any less useful than either of those?

Imagine seeing the manager dot come a yard onto the pitch to argue a call, or move to the end of the box to argue with the fourth official, or huddling close to a player as he gets his final instructions before stepping onto the pitch. Immersive, nothing else.

. . .

The ideas I'd add, C.P., are around #5 -

I'm my own manager, how I play the game is totally different to my mates and there should be some attributes and stats that relate to that. The ones that exist currently again seem half-implemented and don't seem to work correctly (e.g. preferred marking style ont he personal screen).

I would love to see a set of number than breaks down what I'm like as a manager, I'd like number to say that I'm a wheeler and dealer in the transfer market, I please the media and I'm quite angry in the dressing room. I also want it to show what my current favourite formation is as well as playing style.

I think it would be fantastic if these attributes and stats related to other game content too. Media/Other Manager comments about me and my personality and my preferred playing style. This is in already in a very limited fashion and could be expanded on.
    I'd very much like to see these things built up.

Preferred Formation, Preferred marking style, etc., should all be things that the game can "understand" just by looking at what I trot out every week.

My other behaviors, similarly - in fact, it might help players learn how the game is interpreting what they are saying. For example, if it told me I was "quite angry in the dressing room", I'd realize that I was being more volcanic than I'd intended to be.

Beyond that, though, there is a bunch of "stat" things we could see.

Why not a "History" page similar to that for clubs and players?

I'd love to be able to look back and see my club, league, W-D-L, GD, and finishing position for every season of every managerial stint I've had, maybe with termination results, for example:

Code:
             Club         W  D  L   GD  GF GA  Pos   
    2008/09  AGOVV        1  7 12  -27   9 36  20th  Dutch Erest Divisie    Sacked
    2008/09  Port Talbot  5  6 10  - 8  26 34  13th  Welsh Premier League
    2009/10  Port Talbot 10  5  9  + 6  36 30   6th  Welsh Premier League   Resigned
    Last edited by Amaroq; 12-04-2009 at 17:12.

Amateur

One thing I would like to see is more celebration after an achievement e.g. winning the league or a cup competition. A message in your inbox is not that rewarding, maybe a trophy celebration on the pitch after the game or a lap of honour? Would this be too hard to do?

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: Suggestion: Career Game Improvements

brilliant stuff from everyone, kudos to CP as the OP, I always do long term career games and I wholeheartedly agree with everything said. On the point about the statues, in CM 01/02 I managed Derby and after 20 years got a statue in front of the stadium after winning everything. It was just a news item in my inbox but I was still chuffed to bits. In FM 06 and 07 I got Dundalk from the first division in Ireland to the Champions League proper several times over the course of a 15-20 year career and didn't even get a mention of anything let alone get on the favoured personnel list. If that happened in real life I'd have the stadium named after me along with never having to put my hand in my pocket for a pint ever again!

Another option would be that you could be given the freedom of the city of the club if you've won the league/ european cup after taking a team from nowhere. It's purely cosmetic and doesn't do anything or take anything away from the game but it would be a nice touch. The "taken a team from relative obscurity..." line you get is rubbish, especially seeming as it comes up even if you win the Champions league with a big team. I've had Fergie saying to to me a few times with Utd and it just look ridiculous.

Banned

All good points. Love the manager dot

Third Team

I'd like to see more empahasis on your career put into press conferences

First Team Regular

Shameless bump

Reserves

Shameless new appeal to the manager dot.

CP: Incase you didn't notice; the thread was tagged.

Amateur

Good ideas here.

First Team Regular

We want a managers dot!

Reserves

+1 for that, there is so much that could be done with a manager dot it's unreal, and amazing it hasn't been added. 'MON THE MANAGER DOT!

First Team Regular

God I hope career games are really closely looked at and improved in FM10

Amateur

Some good ideas Captain Planet. I do hope some of the problems we see in multiple season games are also sorted out - AI managers of quality coming through to present new challenges, AI managers following a more nuanced transfer policy rather than allowing their clubs to stagnate with multiple 35+ year old players, financial issues (such as ludicrously small stadiums for clubs which have had long term success with healthy finances, sponsorship deals not quite reflecting a club's status or achievements) and also allowing league reputations to fluctuate a little more based on European success.

Semi Pro
    I enjoy farting when I'm in a lift, which is wrong on so many levels

I do love well constructed and positive threads!

All these suggestions are seemingly easy to put into the game, and given the reaction to the OP I'm hopeful SI will realise what we really want to see in FM10.

I think this thread shows that FM09 really stressed tactics, maybe FM10 should focus on the other aspects of management.

Brilliant suggestions CP

Reserves

Still fantastic ideas CP!

Amateur

Excellent suggestions from the OP. I fully agree with you!

Amateur

Beautiful suggestions!

Great suggestions. It'd be nice for the game to emulate the kind of godly status that some managers achieve. For example, if I were to take Notts County to the EPL and eventually win the champions league with them, surely I'd be given a similar status to Sir Alex Ferguson. At the moment in the game the manager reputation system is only really used to decide whether you get a job or not. I'd really like to see more of a fuss brought up about manager's reputations. If I were to try a 2-2-2-4 formation as an inexperienced coach, I'd expect the newspapers to rip me to shreds, but if I were highly reputed they'd sing my praises and call it a stroke of genius.

Part-Timer

Reading the last post mentioning Sir Alex Ferguson- makes me think that it would be great to be knighted or similar award depending on which country you are playing in.

The prefix "sir" in front of your name would be cool

Semi Pro

I agree with pretty much all the OPs suggestions, i just hope SI have taken note as this thread has been around for months.

One of the things i've been wanting for years is a manager summary page more like the one clubs have at the moment so at a glance i can see my all time top scorer under me (for whatever team i'd managed), the team i've had the most points points with in a season ect. It could also include stats like number of promotions and relegations. Leauge wins cup wins and goal difference just doesn't cut it in the current format.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 19-08-2009 at 16:51.

Semi Pro

Thinking about this there should be a better summary page for players too. It would be nice to click say on a famous player and see at a glance on a summary page things like: 2 times world player of the year, 5 times top league goal scorer, 6 league title medals ect. Sure you can click on his history and see his acheivements but having them nicely summarised would be a great touch in my opinion. The information is already in the game, just needs to be presented to us a bit better.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 19-08-2009 at 17:02.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    Thinking about this there should be a better summary page for players too. It would be nice to click say on a famous player and see at a glance on a summary page things like: 2 times world player of the year, 5 times top league goal scorer, 6 league title medals ect. Sure you can click on his history and see his acheivements but having them nicely summarised would be a great touch in my opinion.
    That, and include records at that. like
    "Youngest player for Everton at age ..."
    "Most assists for Liverpool xxxx-xxxx"
    "Most assists for Real Madrid Season xxxx-xxxx"

Amateur

I see from the email that I've had from SI that there'll be manager shouts in 2010, how about a 'shout at referee' option?

Amateur

I'm in favour of them all.

Youth Team

All points sound great but I bet not a single one will be in the game.

Part-Timer

source ?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    source ?
    Why does he need a source? He expressed an opinion.

Part-Timer

Ah, didn't see "I bet" there .

Youth Team

quailty post, and suggestions! definite from me! only bad hting is its probably come too late for fm10

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by abfc View Post
    Reading the last post mentioning Sir Alex Ferguson- makes me think that it would be great to be knighted or similar award depending on which country you are playing in.

The prefix "sir" in front of your name would be cool
    I've mentioned this before and my idea was ripped apart!!

First Team Regular

I feel like I was naive and idealistic when I came up with these (fairly simple) suggestions - thinking a well constructed thread starter with a decent amount of community backing could actually influence the game makers.

Whilst the full list of features for FM10 isn't announced, I'd be massively suprised if any of these actually made the cut.

If none of them are, or are just as poorly implemented as previous attempts, I'm certainly withdrawing myself from the community and testing pool for SI.

Toys out of pram? Maybe. But there you go.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by skingegg View Post
    I've mentioned this before and my idea was ripped apart!!
    I can't see why

Its purely cosmetic and I guess if it was included it would only be for long term sustained success. It would definately be something to aim for....and brag about

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post

Whilst the full list of features for FM10 isn't announced, I'd be massively suprised if any of these actually made the cut.

If none of them are, or are just as poorly implemented as previous attempts, I'm certainly withdrawing myself from the community and testing pool for SI.
    Maybe you could challenge Miles to a dual instead CP, if you win SI have to promise to implement the ideas into FM11!

Amateur

How you'd quite animate a dot to show it's yelling, I don't know
    How about a speech bubble with "#%(#**!"?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dsch View Post
    How about a speech bubble with "#%(#**!"?
    That would be so awesome

Banned

Excellent points CP - would love it if long-term games felt more involved and, well, "long-term"

Especially #1. Hate being a nobody at a club you've served impeccably for years, just doesn't make sense.

Semi Pro

Thumbs up Re: Suggestion: Career Game Improvements

Great post!! Excellent ideas!!!

First Team Regular

Thanks for the thanks guys, fingers crossed

Banned

We'll get this:

This is a known issue and is under review...

Semi Pro

Achievements that show what you did and who you did it with (i.e. "Won 3 Champions Cups with Manchester City") and those achievements are referred too in other sections of the game. There is currently some limited parts of this, again it's something that I think could be expanded quite a bit. Press conferences before a final with the media asking "Are you looking forward to winning the 4th Champions cup of your career?" etc.
    This!

I agree with everything you said but i've been asking for this particular feature for years, i mean how hard would it be to implement? I hate having to scroll through hundreds of entries to see your real achievements amongst entries like 'knocked out in FA Cup fourth round'..

They should also do this for players achievements too.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 27-09-2009 at 11:21.

Amateur

First post in freaking ages simply to say kudos to CP, great post, great ideas, lets hope SI run with them

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

agreed. brilliant post i would love to see these in game, would make a much better experience.

Amateur

It's a pity that such a good thread hasn't been commented upon by anyone from SI.
    Looking more and more likely it'll be ignored again... which is a shame, because Captain's ideas are brilliant!

Amateur

Top ideas, CaptainPlanet.

Remember people, there are only so many days of development and if SI added all these features at once who would want to buy the next version? Incremental updates are the name of the game to keep developers and publishers in business. Sad but true.

Reserves

The thread has been tagged as a FM suggestion (http://www.community.sigames.com/tag...=fm-suggestion), so you can be sure that SI are aware of this thread.

However, this thread was made in March, and the features are generally decided around new year - possibly earlier - so unless any of these were already planned I wouldn't think they'd make FM10.

First Team Regular

Shh, you're ruining the conspiracy theory

Amateur

Yes, I really would love those.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast