Finances - Big Teams

Hello as per the title, I am wondering if the financial state of the big teams in FM 09 are accurate of their real life situations. I read often on here that many people have hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank and myself as Tottenham I have more money than I could ever spend.

Doesn't it seem to others that playing as a big team in FM 09 things are perhaps a little bit too easy on the financial front? After winning the league for a couple years it seems as though I will never be in a position where the I would be concerned about how much a player costs or how much my wages are. It kind of makes my current save with Spurs really boring....

Anyone else playing with big teams have the same issue with almost being too rich and having it cause your game to become much too easy?

ive kind of noticed this with chelsea, at the end of the 3rd season the club were on +£15m balance and had just taken out a £200m loan to cover the cost of a new stadium. then they gave me a £100m transfer budget! thankfully, i am more financially astute than mr abramovich (£13bn loss in 2 years in real life!) so ive broken even on my transfers to stop us going into massive debt

Anyone else playing with big teams have the same issue with almost being too rich and having it cause your game to become much too easy?

Not me, i'm losing well over £1.5m a month and the balance is creeping towards the red. You don't have to spend the money you know.

I'm playing as Spurs too and hope to end up where you are "stokes_83" where money is not an issue. I've just taken over Spurs and expanded White Hart Lane to 55,000 seats so I'm making OK money but doesn't quite a chunk of the profits being paid out in dividend to the share holders? This is what I've seen in the past but maybe you reach a point where even that doesn't matter any longer?

Thanks,

Johan

Archived