How do i install the patch onto a laptop with no internet connection?

Hi, i was hoping to play my FM09 saved game from my pc on my laptop so i transfered the save game and the update files from my pc to my laptop as my laptop internet connection is faulty i have tried putting the update patch file in many places and the game does not seem to notice it any ideas on how to get my laptop version to upgrade?

Thanks.

i have transfered the files to my lapotp, what do i soecifically need to do to run the patch and click update as i have looked through the files and cant find something to click upfdate on and have also tried running the game hoping it will implement itself but nothing,

Thanks

• SI Staff
well the patch is already installed on this pc so i just copied the files assuming it would already be downloaded...?

You will need to activate the game on any computer you run it on (wether you just copied the contents of the FM2009 installation folder or installed it and patched the installation - the latter is the recommended way). The usual way to activate is online, but you can do it via phone.

You will need to activate the game on any computer you run it on (wether you just copied the contents of the FM2009 installation folder or installed it and patched the installation - the latter is the recommended way). The usual way to do this is online, but you can do it via phone.

yeah its activated on the laptop i can play it but its 9.0 and my saved game on the pc is on 9.3 i have clearly not copied the correct information so i will take the advice given and give it another go, thanks everyone

• SI Staff

In that case - by transferring the file to you laptop, did you copy the patch installer you downloaded (Called "FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch_Installer.exe" or "fm2009_930-pc.exe" and/or something like that) to a folder on your laptop? If so, run Windows Explorer, go the folder you copied this file to, and double click the file to launch it. If you do this correctly, if should show a window similar to this:

patchinstaller930.png

Click the "Update" button and the patch installer will update your FM2009 installation to 9.3. Then run FM and it will be patched to 9.3. You will need to run the installer, copying the files using a different method is most likely not going to work. The above image is on Vista x64, on a 32-bit Windows version the (default) update path will read: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\.

If you are on Vista and User Account Control is enabled, you must allow the patch installer to run as administrator first (it will ask you when you launch it).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived