1st Team players available for the reserves French Ligue 1 - a problem?

I hope this is in the right forum, it may not be a bug - may be a Ligue rule issue, really not sure. NB. am patched 9.02.

With St Etienne in Ligue 1 I select my 1st teamers who would not be involved in the next 1st team game to be "available" for the reserves. The reserves are managed by the Ass Man. He has NEVER (4 /5 games in) picked any of these players for the Reserves match day squad. I never had this problem at any level in English Leagues with either 9.01 or 9.02. Does anyone have a view on this? Is it a French Ligue thing?

I dont want to relegate those players to Resv's just to gain match fitness as this would be a regular thing & I suspect morale would be adversely affected. Likewise I do not want to "manage" the reserves - too time consuming!

?

I got the same Problem in the german Bundesliga. My reserve does not play in a league so I have to arrange friendlies.

In order to keep my substitutes match-fit I want them to play for my reseve but the Ass man does not pick them for squad. What's the problem ?

Drayzehn.

I got the same Problem in the german Bundesliga. My reserve does not play in a league so I have to arrange friendlies.

In order to keep my substitutes match-fit I want them to play for my reseve but the Ass man does not pick them for squad. What's the problem ?

Drayzehn.

Yes thats my problem. Am disappointed 74 people viewd this thread yet only 1 person (your good self)replied. What exactly did the others think this thread was about!?!?!?!

Im a bit confused- Do your reserve team play in a league or just friendly matches? I have only managed in England so far in FM09 so I have'nt noticed this. Maybe there is a rule in some of the European countries that reserve team players have to be under a certain age? Would be a strange rule though, defeats the purpose of a 'reserve team'.

Im a bit confused- Do your reserve team play in a league or just friendly matches? I have only managed in England so far in FM09 so I have'nt noticed this. Maybe there is a rule in some of the European countries that reserve team players have to be under a certain age? Would be a strange rule though, defeats the purpose of a 'reserve team'.

Hello Dar,

first of all thank you for your answer. In Germany there are such rules but most of the players I made available for my reserve are very young (18-21 years old). So this seems not to be the reason.

My reserve doesn't play in a league, only friendly matches. Could this be the problem ?

@tigerhgrrrrrr: Does your reserve play in a league ?

Thanks,

Drayzehn.

Hello Dar,

first of all thank you for your answer. In Germany there are such rules but most of the players I made available for my reserve are very young (18-21 years old). So this seems not to be the reason.

My reserve doesn't play in a league, only friendly matches. Could this be the problem ?

@tigerhgrrrrrr: Does your reserve play in a league ?

Thanks,

Drayzehn.

Yes, they play in CFA-B so maybe that is it but the league rules for that league dont mention it and also Im sure in England in the Reserves Leagues this does not have an effect. The feed back has given me the idea of arranging some reserve friendlies though to see what happens.

I had this problem playing with PSG and reported it in the bugs forum but I'm not sure if it has been fixed in 9.3.0. I found I actually had to move players to the reserve squad for them to be picked

It would seem so, though I do wonder if it is quirk of the French League rules. Even in friendlies though it happens I have now found. Due to the "Match fitness" ratings I will have to either manage the reserves, or arrange 1st team friendlies but pad the team out with reserves.

Have now started managing the Reserves - actually its OK, I dont manage too in depth just set up a standard version of by usual 442 and just make subs when anyone dropps below 70% fitness. Am sure the benefits will be worth the little extra time it takes up and strikers who normally sit around getting unfit are now bagging some goals.

Archived