work permit issue

i dont really understand the way work permits are granted in the UK (it has something to do with international appearances, right?) but i am confused even more concerning work permit for players that already play in the UK. i just bought Caicedo off ManCity, but the transfer fell through because he did not get the wp. is that according to the rules or is that a bug? surely if he was good enough to get the permit to move to mancity he should not be bugged about it again?

i can provide the screenshot, but its in Czech, so i dont think its of any help :/

cheers,

muxy

He must have played 50% of national games in the last 2 years. He may have missed a few games a lately.

ok, so its of no use that he plays in England as of now? hm, good to know, thanks.

He must have played 50% of national games in the last 2 years. He may have missed a few games a lately.

Actually he has to have played 75% of his nations full internationals (under 21's don't count)over the previous 2 years. His nation also has to be in FIFA's top 80.

If you have a work permit feeder then you will still be able to sign the player even if he has no caps but you'll have to send him to your feeder for 3 years. Belgium, Poland or Spain are the best nations for a work permit feeder. Spain is especially useful if you are trying to sign Spanish speaking South Americans since they will be eligible for nationality after just 2 years.

What if you're a lower league club?

You can't be expected to afford a regular full international?!

If you are playing in a lower league club you should be signing players with UK passports. You're not meant to be signing foreigners.

If you are playing in a lower league club you should be signing players with UK passports. You're not meant to be signing foreigners.

well the thing is that i was trying to get players playing in the UK (or sitting on the bench and whining, rather :) ) but was unable to do so due to the work permit. its very frustrating, but what can i do.

the other thing is that my feeder offered me a very good aml on loan, the player approved (hed be fantastic in the Championship) but did not get the wp :( i was really looking fwd to this player. whats the difference between an out-of-international EU player and nonEU... oh, just good to know so that i dont waste any time trying to get players not eligible for wp.

Your scouts will generally give you a good idea if a player will get a work permit or not. Get them to scout him 2-3 times and it will show up on the report, I think where they say if he would be interested in playing for the club.

If you are in the Championship, debatable if that is lower league management or not, you should be able to get players from EU countries easily. I only start looking for players from outside of Europe after I've made it to the Premier League and have a decent feeder club.

Archived