ignoring pre match odds

As an example, you playing at home but are slight underdogs, if the team you are playing has a couple of key injuries to key players, would it back fire to think you could tell the press and your players pre kick off you can win?

when interacting with other managers pre match, how does telling them, hope the best team win's effect the out come?

is there a guide to what does what and who it effects etc? i some times get. player x thinks you should be interacting with other teams managers etc? is this gona make them play bad or fire them up?

I hardly listen to pre-match odds, only if I know I have no shot of winning a match, I remember when I managed Hull a couple of months back and beat Liverpool 2-0 or 3-0 away from home and completely dominated the game - the match odds of me winning were, very, very low. Did I listen? No, In the pre-match conference I said I would attack and dominate the game and my squad "surprisingly" found it positive.

• Administrators

That's it, different players react to different types of managers. Some will underplay their chances which the squad will appreciated, it'll lift some of the pressure, whilst others thrive on pressure and know their manager expects only the best every match. You have to figure out what sort of players the majority of your squad are, and take into account who you are playing. For example if you were Stoke and said you think you're going to win the Premier League in the first season, the players would probably think that as a manager you're a bit loopy! :D

Archived