Steam download problem

I seen the new patch was out, so I went into Steam. I had de-selected the option of Steam loading up everytime the computer is turned on, so to get the download started I went to My Games in Steam and saw that it was "Starting download" or somethings along those lines.

It stayed like that for a few minutes, and thn I read that you had to have FM closed for it to download (which I didn't have). I closed both FM and Steam and when I went to My Games I saw the download starting. It took about an hour and got to 100% when it then said "100%-ready". I thought this was it done and went to "Launch game" in Steam but a message came up saying that FM had stopped working. This was strange because FM hadn't even loaded. I went to my desktop shortcut and started fm that way. I went to start a new game but the 9.3.0 option wasn't there. I looked in the data editor and the 9.3.0 database was there. I tried to load it but a message saying that it couldn't find a database came up. I looked in the Steam folder and the 9.3.0 update is there but it isn't in the game.

Is it my fault the update hasn't worked, or Steam's and is there a way I can fix it or download the patch again through Steam

PS sorry about the amount of writing but I feel that you can understand my problem better if I give all the info

I just did the same and started up steam to download the patch. Left it for a while. Steam also updated itself. FM 2009 appeared to update fine (with the 9.03 patch showing up in the folder). Steam updated.

Now no way will FM2009 start. Every way I do it it crashes and says an error occurred but doesn't say what.

Archived