Anyone notice extreme changes after half time

On FM recently my team have completly dominated in the first half without the opponents getting much of the ball at all. But literally every single second half, the other team seem to read my tactics perfectly with my team struggling to get possession let alone a shot at goal. Its drives me nuts because it happens every game.

Anyone else feel the same way?

When you are playing well you don't really have any options to further motivate your team. All you can really say is 'Pleased' and 'Don't get complacent' every once in a while. It would be better if you could encourage and tell them to keep playing this way.

It's fair to assume that if your team is "dominating" in the first-half of games, perhaps even a goal or two up, that the AI opposing manager will respond by trying to counter your tactics better in the second-half.

This works both ways, because it's always worth checking your opponents at half-time to see if they have made any substitutions, changed player positions or formations, etc...

Team-talks, as others have touched on, are also important to a degree and it can be difficult when you're dominating a game, to select the most suitable option. I usually mix in a couple of individual comments for players.

It's funny really, because I'm experiencing the opposite to some extent. My team can dominate in both halves of their matches, but it's motly the second-half when my team score.

Have a look in the tactics forum for more advice and perhaps post your question there, with as much info as possible. You should get some beneficial responses there. Don't take this as an "it's your tactics" kind of reply, as there's lot's of factors that could be involved in your individual circumstances, but do have a look in the tactics forum.

Archived