Red Cards....the most you ever seen in a match?

Yep something wrong there. The most red cards I have seen given in a game is 5 but not on the same team. The game would have been awarded 2 - 0 to the dons once you went down to six men.

My most rediculous red cards came in one game. 3 of my players were sent off for dissent on the same challenge. One got a second yellow for the foul, the second another yellow for arguing with the ref and a third for arguing with the ref as well.

If you want realism SI you dont book players for dissent, they can throw the ball at the ref, grab his cards, push him, grab opponents necks and shove them away. That was a day in the life of Chelsea FC and their captain John Terry. You should just get a pat on the back and the club a 50k fine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaddyPantsDown:

I played several seasons as MK Dons. I played away to Leeds. I won 3-0 which was great but what really suprised me was this....

Leeds 0-3 MK Dons

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I know people talk about Dirty Leeds but was this coded into the game? icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be annoyed at having only won 3-0 with all those reds!

Was the match abandoned? The last two send offs appear to have happened in stoppage time. Did the match immediately end after the final one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Midge:

The game would have been awarded 2 - 0 to the dons once you went down to six men. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This actually is not correct. There is no rule anywhere in the Laws of the Game that tells what the final score would be in this case. Once one of the teams is unable to field 7 players, the match is abandoned and the result is left up to the competition committee (in this case the FA) to decide to the result. It is not set in stone that it has to be 2-0, 3-0, or any other score. The decisions are made on an individual basis by the competition's governing body.

IRL, i'd imagine the FA would allow that scoreline to stand, since the final sending off occurred so late in the match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wallcott32:

haha yeah i would be annoyed too, how did they all get sent off??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Esposito - 2 Yellows. First was for shirt pulling and the second was for descent after Fathy scored.

Pell - Straight Red. Went in late on Distel Zola.

LuaLua - 2 Yellows. First was for pushing Zola. Second was for tripping Zola after Zoal tackled him.

Furman - 2 Yellows. First was for a bodycheck on Jimenez after Jimenez passed the ball. The second yellow was for for descent after his team mate Boumsong was booked for tripping Jimenez.

Brightwell - Straight Red. Tripping Rory Porter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Ultimate_Red_Devil:

I hate to ask but are you on 8.01 ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Im not complaining about it tbh. I thought it was funny. Leeds just kept trying to kick lumps out of my team.

I remember in FM05 I had a funny thing happen with red cards. In my game, Antonio Cassano got a red and I wanted to know why, and the match report said:

The referee gives Cassano a lecture

Antonio Cassano is furious!

The referee shows Cassano a yellow card!

The referee shows Cassano a red card!

Needless to say, I disciplined him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAStewart:

I remember in FM05 I had a funny thing happen with red cards. In my game, Antonio Cassano got a red and I wanted to know why, and the match report said:

The referee gives Cassano a lecture

The referee shows Cassano a yellow card!

The referee shows Cassano a red card!

Needless to say, I disciplined him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brilliant icon_biggrin.gif

As for the original post, I have only ever seen 1 or maybe 2 red cards in any game I've played. I looked at the screenshot of the Leeds game and laughed.

And it got me thinking. How do the preferred moves develop for players in the game? I know (I think) how the mentalities change of players within the game and how to influence this but how do these preferred moves get implemented. The reason I say this is that it would be interesting to see if these players have developed the 'dives into tackles' move or the 'argues with officials' move. If they developed these moves, they could easily pass them onto a team by using the mentoring facility in the game (which is a great way of getting younger players to copycat the older ones).

Thoughts ?!?

The game is not coded to implement the rule of abandoning the game if one team is reduced to 6 men so it is possible to have 5 players sent off altho I have only seen it once in the game. I did have this once in the FM 07 demo I think and like the OP I only won the game 3-0 - couldnt get past the packed defence no matter what I did!.

• 1 month later...

Just took over Hucknall in the 2010 season. Second match of the season against AFC Telford. Got a red card and then three more for i guess protesting, never seen anything like it before. My Hucknall team did give a great effort, and got a goal in the end. If you take out the run of goals at the end of the first half, we played them pretty tight and very well for being down that many.

Fines are gonna make the team a bit richer, lol.

Peace

Not in charge of either side, but: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6505/redcard01be3.jpg

This was I think my first ridiculous result. Real Madrid down to 7 men in 4 minutes (they had used all substitutes before Darren Bent's injury). 3 reds and 1 injury means I go all-out attack until I realised that Real Madrid were still stronger than me. icon_frown.gif

Nevertheless, it's probably one of Xerez's most famous victories. Not any more, though, were Real Madrid are merely a formality to beat (2023, I think).

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3586/redcard02iy3.jpg

Archived