Graphical requrements for Laptop

Good to see another Aussie on here! My initial thoughts would be that that laptop would struggle with the game mate, especially if you’re running on Vista. The processor is pretty average, 1gig of RAM is not really enough for Vista, and though I’m no computer expert, I would bet my left one that you’ll need a dedicated graphics card (128mb plus) to play FM 09 comfortably.

Put it this way, I have a higher spec HP lappie bought especially for FM; it has a 2.4Ghz dual core, 2gig ram and a 512mb nvidia card and while graphic performance is fine, processing is a bit slow for my liking, most of which I put down to needing more RAM. Unlike all other FM games, 09 is pretty resource heavy. I got mine for about $1300 AUS, so I reckon if you do some more research so should be able to get something better for around a grand. Good luck.

WHS.

1 gig ram is too little for vista itself. I would suggest go for 2+ gig rams (ideally 4 gig) and dedicated graphics card. FM09 and Windows Vista are both resource hungry. I have an hp laptop with on board graphics card and 1 gig ram (but with win xp) but it struggled with FM09 while it ran FM08 pretty ok.

ok here is the deal i want to use this for FM09 but also uni/tafe n for net...

So can u guys please give me some ideas n reccomendations on laptops here is the criteria..

so all i need is a laptop which reaches the requiremnents for FM09...

My budget is $AUS Dollars 1000

No toshibas due to overheating issues

would like a core 2 duo

dont care about OS

Ram so about 1gb + depends on FM09

I live in australia so laptops that are available in aus is needed.

Brand...Model...price- dont worry ill convert to aus dollar and place were bought is needed...

here are fm09 specs from readme...

OS

* Windows XP/Vista

Processor

* XP : 1.4GHz or Faster

* Vista : 2.0GHz or Faster

*Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon

Memory

* XP : 512MB RAM

* Vista : 1.0GB RAM

Hard Drive Space

* 2GB

DVD-Drive

* 4x Speed

Video Card

* 128MB**

**Supported Chipsets : (see below)

**Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

THX get back asap

Alright m8 i just got a laptop not so long ago its a sony viao vgn-nr intel 2Duo core processor 2.0ghz 2gig ram hard drive 250 gig graphics 8400mgt os vista home premium.It playes fm very well for me and it cost me £300 (pounds) i dont know much about the numbers tbh but it does the job for me

Alright m8 i just got a laptop not so long ago its a sony viao vgn-nr intel 2Duo core processor 2.0ghz 2gig ram hard drive 250 gig graphics 8400mgt os vista home premium.It playes fm very well for me and it cost me £300 (pounds) i dont know much about the numbers tbh but it does the job for me

Ok sounds great n perfect...but...

1. did u buy it new?

2. if so where?

3 can u pls give me a link to place where or send me somewhere to find it

4. when did u get it?

5. also wat is the whole name of brand and model? like the numbers of the model name

Seriously mate, people have been helping you. The guy above has given you a model (as have I) so how about you do some searching on the net and see what you come up with instead of being impatient and demanding and expecting others to find your new toy for you? I don’t know a hell of a lot about computers, but I spent some time researching and hunting around and was able to find myself a pretty good laptop with the specs I was after for a good price. How about you do a little bit of research (a skill that will no doubt be required in your uni/TAFE studies)? I’m sure if you try a bit harder yourself you’ll find something.

Archived