Goalkeeper does not move in shootout

GMO

I had a shootout but my goalkeeper did not move whatsoever during the shootout. Obviously all the shots went in.

The opposition goalkeeper did move and stopped one of my shots.

Does anyone know why my GK did not move?

Is there a setting or option I have to use so that he moves insted of just standing there?

Thanks.

Goalkeepers have generally been appallingly implemented in the match engine. We have a bug where they don't move on penalties, a bug where they sometimes stop with the ball at their feet until an opposition player comes and takes it off them and scores, they can't kick except for when they kick so well that it gets them an assist, they sometimes let the ball bounce off them when it's hit straight at them when under no pressure at all, they move totally unnaturally... I could go on..

Goalkeepers have generally been appallingly implemented in the match engine. We have a bug where they don't move on penalties, a bug where they sometimes stop with the ball at their feet until an opposition player comes and takes it off them and scores, they can't kick except for when they kick so well that it gets them an assist, they sometimes let the ball bounce off them when it's hit straight at them when under no pressure at all, they move totally unnaturally... I could go on..

The bug where its like the keeper sucks the ball in :p

Penalty shootouts is really strange in this version. I often go to 13, 14 penalties each. And the keeper never saves, the onlt misses is when the ball hit the post or go outside.

Hope they will fix this for 9.3.

I'm not sure it is a bug, I've seen goalies dive to either side during penalty shoot-outs & mine even saved a penalty to his left the other night.

There is also an arguement that a keeper is better off staying in the middle of the goal to increase his chances of making a save as any movement to one direction gives the taker a chance to place the ball in the other corner.

I'm not sure it is a bug, I've seen goalies dive to either side during penalty shoot-outs & mine even saved a penalty to his left the other night.

There is also an arguement that a keeper is better off staying in the middle of the goal to increase his chances of making a save as any movement to one direction gives the taker a chance to place the ball in the other corner.

It's a bug its been confirmed as a bug. My keeper has failed to save atleast 5 penalties that have been straight at him, even when he didnt move. He decided not to save them.

Goalkeepers have generally been appallingly implemented in the match engine. We have a bug where they ... can't kick except for when they kick so well that it gets them an assist ...

I love that bug!! My first choice goalie was my assist leader for England in one season with 7 of them, three occuring in one match. Same style every time - perfectly weighted long ball down the middle for a fast striker to run onto and then cooly slot home. Exactly the kind of awesome distribution that Gomes doesn't display for Spurs in real life!

Archived