Staff Randomly Resigning Without Notice

Other than an assistant manager, I don't have any staff at Kidderminster! There were none there when I started and I can't afford to sign any.

Oh, wait. Almost forgot. I did sign Dean Windass as a player/coach in my second summer...

I've had staff getting pinched by other clubs and not noticed it. Though I'm not always entirely sure if this is a bug or has more to do with me sometimes playing while drunk and just not reading the news items properly. Still annoying when I load it up the next day and discover I've not had an assistant or a GK coach for three months :)

Hey, now that could be a fun feature for FM10 - setting manager personal habits. Then maybe I could get news items like "Milan manager Sander van der Tait shocked the footballing world on Saturday when he turned up to manage his team in a Champions League Group Stage fixture against Arsenal, clearly inebriated. van der Tait was spotted staggering around inside his technical area and was overheard confessing to the fourth official that he was his "Besht mate in the whoooooole world!". The popular Dutch manager then proceeded to vomit over Eboué, who was sitting on Arsenal's substitute bench, before picking a fight with Arsene Wenger, whom he called a "$%*&ing miserable, whiney old $%&*ard!!""

Er, sorry, wandered a bit off topic there >_>

I've had the same problem, losing several scouts, coaches, fitness coaches and an assistant manager in about 4 seasons. Worst was that it didn't tell me that both my physios had gone so I played about half a season without one until I noticed. Now I just make a habbit of frequently checking the contracts and also tying them down to longer term contracts when I sign new staff so that the problem doesn't arrise as often.

Archived