Your best moment in FM2009

I just was thinking, what was your best moment in this version of FM so far?

Personally I'm right now delighted with one young regen, a young French striker who I signed for *cough* £6 mil at the age of 16...

Long story short I was searching for young stars in the youth teams of all major European clubs, I spotted this bloke at PSG and as I was looking for my new Andy Carroll type (well back in FM2008, so of the ultimate target man for me 360 odd goals for my Derby side and I think 80 for England). I spotted this kid who had heading of 16 and jumping of 14 and I knew this was the one (not to mention his finishing and composure of 15 and 13). I was going to leave him a year, but my top striker got injured in the last match before the transfer window slammed shut, and somewhat... Paniched and yeah.

Well I gave him some match experience and he became my youngest ever goal scorer at 16. He only scored 2 in his first season, then 4 at 17, but in his 3rd season he'd already began to push his way in with 14 goals. He's got 10 so far this season.

Anyhow, the moment though that is truly the best is getting the international round up as he made his debut for France, scoring one and walking away with MoM at 19 years of age! What a goal too!

So, what's everyone else's best moments been?

my favorite moment was putting 6 past chelsea in the league in my third season as newcastle manager, hunntelar and bojan serving up most of the goals and assists. Or remaining unbeaten against united as bolton in an online game with mates after 3 attempts (beat them twice)

I haven't played over many seasons yet but the best so far has been Ipswich getting promoted into the prem with me (Worst was watching them get relegated the following season)

Funny thing happened with Ipswich in my game. In the third season they were midtable Championship, yet still managed to casually win the FA Cup!

By the way, I've managed Derby for the whole time on this game. But yeah, that one shocked me a tad. It wasn't an easy cup run either. They beat Arsenal!

The best for me was a thrilling playoff final in my second season at Braintree. Equalised in injury time to take Eastbourne to extra time and ran them ragged scoring 2 ET goals to claim an unlikely promotion.

The worst was failing to stay up the following season, eventually being relegated by just a single goal.

My best moment from my first one and a half seasons playing the game would have to be either winning 5-1 away to Man United or winning the UEFA Cup against Valencia on penalties with Aston Villa...

bet most who play will probably say thats standard but i was over the moon ahaha

I'm new to the football manager series, but i've already had some (virtual) tearjerkers in my game, one is helping Stoke City winning the League Cup in my first season

But my favourite is Kazim Richards, the Glasgow Rangers fans apparently hated me for signing him, he was rubbish, took a gamble, bought him on as a sub V United in the champions league group stage, we needed a win, 1-0 down 10 minutes to go, pops a screamer in 25 yards, 94th minute, skins evra a treat, cuts past ferdinand, rounds van der sar and the finish, unbelievable, i dont mean to sound like a big nerd, but when this happened i actually dropped my lemonade on the carpet and started celebrating!

I'm in my fourth season with Lincoln and I just won my last three matches to jump from 8th to the last playoff spot in the Championship. Finished 3rd last season and lost the Final to Leeds, so I was obviously disappointed when it looked like I would miss out. Next up...semi-final leg 1 vs. Sheffield United!

Probably beating Arsenal in the Champs league quarter's in my first season in the ECC. We got beat 4-3 at the Emirates after being 4-1 down with 10mins to go and Gabby Agbonlahor comes on and nets 2 to give me a real chance in the 2nd leg. Then we beat them 3-2 at Villa Park to win on away goals.

I know its not a cup win like most people's best moments but I was so happy to have finally beaten Arsenal after 2 seasons and for it to be in the Champs League and me knocking them out - even more sweet! :D

A few memories, beating Barcelona 8-1 with Arsenal was special and it was the CL final too...

but no, the highlight is winning the Euro 2012 Championship with Czech Republic, Tomas Necid virtually... scored all my goals, I had to beat Holland, Spain (twice, in the group and in the final) and France on the way.

Probably winning the Argentine Primera four seasons in a row (Opening and Closing also) with River Plate and dominating the the Copa Sudanamerica. And dafuge shut up...all like "ohh look at me with my 1000th game..." <3

I have a few. Beating liverpool 3-2 after being 2-0 down when i was struggling after this didnt lose for the rest of the season still finishe like 10th :O. Also getting out of the toughest champions league group that i have ever seen:

Barca

Juve

Man City <----Me

CSKA Moscow

Beat barca at nou camp and got to semis lost to united. I was gutted but happy that united won it!

Mine is accepting the Juve job just before the end of the season only to find out that my first game would be the champions league final, I felt sorry for the guy I replaced.

Really enjoyed the whole save game though, taking AFC Wimbledon upto the prem and into europe before moving on to deportivo for a season.

Mine was winning the CL in 14/15 with Celtic. I topped a group containing Barcelona and Inter, beat Fiorentina in the 1st knockout stage, followed by Roma in the quarters and Arsenal in the semis. In the final I beat Real Madrid 3-1 after extra time, with my GK saving a penalty in normal time.

I also won the league and Scottish Cup that year and lost in the semis of the league cup.

Despite this, all of my players are wanted by other clubs and want to leave. My board accepted a bid over my head of 18m for my left midfielder who is class...he went to Arsenal.

I bid for a left back from Sunderland and he has not interest in joining even though I won the CL and Sunderland are not even in Europe !

I'll be relieved to get through this summer transfer window...

Archived